Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jackson Carman At Bottom Of Depth Chart
Bobby Hart still has an active account here he goes by Fredtoast.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 12:26 PM)Sled21 Wrote: They're most likely told by the coaches not to visit places like this because of this type stuff getting into their heads. I still think curiosity has to get to them though when they are at home surfing the web.

Your probably right, but I would guess its more about not discussing team strategy, grievances, rumors etc.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 12:39 PM)Whatever Wrote: It wouldn't surprise me if some guys lurk from time to time as guests, also.  

Not sure if players or not, but we definitely have lurkers from PBS.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 12:55 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Not sure if players or not, but we definitely have lurkers from PBS.

Good, I hope the front office will lurk to get a pulse on the fanbase. Maybe then they will realize that we want a winning team in Cincinnati more than a free box of popcorn when purchasing season tickets! 
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 10:53 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I just wonder just how crappy it must be for a kid coming out of college, drafted to the Bengals, to move to town and start reading stuff about the team and read how they are nothing but garbage before taking the 1st NFL snap. That's gotta be nice.... Ninja

If a kid coming out of college doesn't have skin thick enough to brush off random peoples view on the internet then he should do something else. It comes with the territory like it or not...right or wrong.

I also don't think for a second players care that much what anyone on this board says about them. In fact, I think the response you would get from them if they did would be "If you can do better than show me"
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 01:47 PM)GodFather Wrote: If a kid coming out of college doesn't have skin thick enough to brush off random peoples view on the internet then he should do something else. It comes with the territory like it or not...right or wrong.

i mean that should just be everyone in general     
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 02:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i mean that should just be everyone in general     

100%
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 12:55 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Not sure if players or not, but we definitely have lurkers from PBS.

They must be reading my posts in the draft section.  Cool
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 12:47 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: Bobby Hart still has an active account here he goes by Fredtoast.

I laughed

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 12:39 PM)Whatever Wrote: It wouldn't surprise me if some guys lurk from time to time as guests, also.  

Willie Anderson admitted that he and some players would scroll through the original message board back in 05-07.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

Not surprised at all. Have to imagine that most teams do this to some degree. Keeping an eye on the pulse of the fanbase via social media and such. In the end, the owners of these teams want to make money, and if they can keep the fans happy and excited that equals more money.

(08-04-2021, 01:15 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Willie Anderson admitted that he and some players would scroll through the original message board back in 05-07.

Hard to imagine they wouldn't be curious what was being said, I mean if I was playing pro sports, I'd be curious about what is being said. Probably get a good laugh at some people's opinions and lack of insight but curiosity comes naturally to humans.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 01:19 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Hard to imagine they wouldn't be curious what was being said, I mean if I was playing pro sports, I'd be curious about what is being said. Probably get a good laugh at some people's opinions and lack of insight but curiosity comes naturally to humans.

I'm still convinced that Ethan Kilmer joined the board after we drafted him in 06. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 01:28 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'm still convinced that Ethan Kilmer joined the board after we drafted him in 06. 

I heard John Ross tried to join after we drafted him, but he hurt his fingers typing his username.  Ninja

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 01:41 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I heard John Ross tried to join after we drafted him, but he hurt his fingers typing his username.  Ninja

Heard the same thing, but he dropped the keyboard Ninja
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 08:20 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Heard the same thing, but he dropped the keyboard Ninja

Huh, I actually heard that he actually used the wrong route® and couldn't even get online.   Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 08:27 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Huh, I actually heard that he actually used the wrong route® and couldn't even get online.   Ninja

Which is a shame, because if he could ever get hooked up his internet speed was record setting..... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 01:41 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I heard John Ross tried to join after we drafted him, but he hurt his fingers typing his username.  Ninja

Marvin completely destroyed Ross' confidence in his ability to join this board. 
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 08:35 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Which is a shame, because if he could ever get hooked up his internet speed was record setting..... Hilarious

That is some good stuff right there lol
Reply/Quote
Also, John Ross is going to post so well on the Giants message board that we're all gonna eat crow.
Reply/Quote