Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jackson Carman At Bottom Of Depth Chart
(08-02-2021, 10:43 AM)Sled21 Wrote: As opposed to his lack of production when he had a broken ankle???? As soon as XFS got healed and back on the field, he solidified his position. It was a "sudden uptick in production," it was actually being on the field.

every year, EVERY year, other than the 2008 Lions and the 2017 Browns, the bad teams in the NFL all play better late in the season. That's where a lot of bad teams get their wins. Late in the season

You absolutely cannot judge anything with a bad team super late in the season. 

Despite what naive people think, a lot of teams pack it in late in the season when matched up against a dog crap opponent.

"No team or player quits in the NFL. These guys have too much pride"

^^^ That's a giant lie.

So if a career mediocre player plays good during the last 4 games in the season, that doesnt suddenly mean he's a guy who will be above mediocre the next season.

Do you follow along?
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2021, 12:01 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Good god, what does Carman have to turn around? He's changing positions, he's a rookie. 

Is it allowed to be a pinch concerned? Or is that just massive overreaction?

(07-31-2021, 01:34 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Color me surprised that a rookie OL that is coming off a back injury and switching to position he's never played is last on the depth chart.

The automatic response to this is "maybe we shouldn't have taken a guy coming off back surgery that needs to switch positions".

(08-01-2021, 01:19 AM)EatonFan Wrote: Actually it sounds like (from Lapham) they may be grooming Carmen to be the utility sixth guy who is first off the bench.

Well that's certainly comforting.

(08-01-2021, 12:21 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: And they’re still referencing a player’s sudden uptick in production during the last couple of weeks of the season Lmao

You guys will never learn

Reminds me of when the sunshine crowd was pimping that dude we got off waivers from Pittsburgh...because he looked ok in a couple games late in the season.

(08-02-2021, 12:22 PM)SladeX Wrote: I was team sewell, and I'm certainly no front office apologist, but it's a bit early to write the dude's career obituary...

100% agree. It's also not to soon to have some concerns. We need a lot to go right to turn things around. The only 2 players we added were Reiff and Carman. So that's a lot hanging on Carman's shoulders.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2021, 06:55 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: every year, EVERY year, other than the 2008 Lions and the 2017 Browns, the bad teams in the NFL all play better late in the season. That's where a lot of bad teams get their wins. Late in the season

You absolutely cannot judge anything with a bad team super late in the season. 

Despite what naive people think, a lot of teams pack it in late in the season when matched up against a dog crap opponent.

"No team or player quits in the NFL. These guys have too much pride"

^^^ That's a giant lie.

So if a career mediocre player plays good during the last 4 games in the season, that doesnt suddenly mean he's a guy who will be above mediocre the next season.

Do you follow along?
https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2021/08/02/jackson-carman-starting-reps-bengals-training-camp/
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2021, 08:20 PM)kalibengal Wrote: https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2021/08/02/jackson-carman-starting-reps-bengals-training-camp/

Seems Bengalswire agrees with some of the negative nancies on here:

"But as we pointed out last week, it would still register as a big disappointment if Carman doesn’t return some immediate value on the field as a rookie given the team’s investment in him."

That said, excellent news that he's progressing. I was a fan of the pick for the most part.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
So....those of us who said the big concerns were premature and that Pollack is rotating people in and out to get everyone up to speed might be right?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2021, 08:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Seems Bengalswire agrees with some of the negative nancies on here:

"But as we pointed out last week, it would still register as a big disappointment if Carman doesn’t return some immediate value on the field as a rookie given the team’s investment in him."

That said, excellent news that he's progressing. I was a fan of the pick for the most part.

Bengalswire should just root for a different team 
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2021, 08:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Is it allowed to be a pinch concerned? Or is that just massive overreaction?

The automatic response to this is "maybe we shouldn't have taken a guy coming off back surgery that needs to switch positions".

Well that's certainly comforting.

Reminds me of when the sunshine crowd was pimping that dude we got off waivers from Pittsburgh...because he looked ok in a couple games late in the season.

100% agree. It's also not to soon to have some concerns. We need a lot to go right to turn things around. The only 2 players we added were Reiff and Carman. So that's a lot hanging on Carman's shoulders.
Considering it was a day 1 depth chart, yes to both accounts. Why get worked up and overreact to something Dehner SPECULATED?
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2021, 08:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Is it allowed to be a pinch concerned?
It puts the lotion in the basket ... 
Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I just wonder just how crappy it must be for a kid coming out of college, drafted to the Bengals, to move to town and start reading stuff about the team and read how they are nothing but garbage before taking the 1st NFL snap. That's gotta be nice.... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 10:53 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I just wonder just how crappy it must be for a kid coming out of college, drafted to the Bengals, to move to town and start reading stuff about the team and read how they are nothing but garbage before taking the 1st NFL snap. That's gotta be nice.... Ninja

He’s from here. I’m sure he already knows (about the team not that he’s garbage).

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 10:53 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I just wonder just how crappy it must be for a kid coming out of college, drafted to the Bengals, to move to town and start reading stuff about the team and read how they are nothing but garbage before taking the 1st NFL snap. That's gotta be nice.... Ninja

The internet matters.  I doubt Billy Joel ever got over that 2.5 star review I gave his 1986 album. 

Also, Carmen has back issues?  That's some Cedric O vibe there.  Spooky.  
Reply/Quote

Right, because no one outside of the Cincinnati area has ever heard of the Bengals before or knows anything about them.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 11:40 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Right, because no one outside of the Cincinnati area has ever heard of the Bengals before or knows anything about them.

WTH are you talking about? You don't think rookies for ANY team soak up just about anything they can on their new team? You don't think they are curious what people are saying about them? These kids live on social media, and you don't think they read social media?
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 12:03 PM)Sled21 Wrote: WTH are you talking about? You don't think rookies for ANY team soak up just about anything they can on their new team? You don't think they are curious what people are saying about them? These kids live on social media, and you don't think they read social media?

I don't know, I mean, it's not like they're a bunch of teenage girls. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 12:03 PM)Sled21 Wrote: WTH are you talking about? You don't think rookies for ANY team soak up just about anything they can on their new team? You don't think they are curious what people are saying about them? These kids live on social media, and you don't think they read social media?

I don't think any college football player learns about his new professional team from social media.

"Gee, I don't know anything about these Cincinnati Bengals.  Guess I better find out what a bunch of people who have never been in the locker room or played pro football have to say about them."
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 12:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think any college football player learns about his new professional team from social media.

"Gee, I don't know anything about these Cincinnati Bengals.  Guess I better find out what a bunch of people who have never been in the locker room or played pro football have to say about them."

Ok Fred, you're right, no player, especially new ones,  are ever curious what people are saying about them. What was I thinking..... Smirk
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 12:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Ok Fred, you're right, no player, especially new ones,  are ever curious what people are saying about them. What was I thinking..... Smirk

Hell, we've had 2 players find and join our board here within a couple hours of being drafted. Both ended up contacting me and asking for their accounts to deleted the following day though. 
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 12:23 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Hell, we've had 2 players find and join our board here within a couple hours of being drafted. Both ended up contacting me and asking for their accounts to deleted the following day though. 

They're most likely told by the coaches not to visit places like this because of this type stuff getting into their heads. I still think curiosity has to get to them though when they are at home surfing the web.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 12:26 PM)Sled21 Wrote: They're most likely told by the coaches not to visit places like this because of this type stuff getting into their heads. I still think curiosity has to get to them though when they are at home surfing the web.

Yea and we all love/hate creeping on our exes Facebook pages, but You be gotta just let it go, right?

Side note, Liz really blew it when she called it quits on our relationship.  
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 12:23 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Hell, we've had 2 players find and join our board here within a couple hours of being drafted. Both ended up contacting me and asking for their accounts to deleted the following day though. 

It wouldn't surprise me if some guys lurk from time to time as guests, also.  
Reply/Quote