Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jackson Carman At Bottom Of Depth Chart
Sometimes I think some of us don't grasp just how bad a coach Turner was. Not only was he a **** in attitude terms but he pushed defective techniques on the young linemen and didn't teach. Little wonder that last season the big issue on the line was missing stunts and blitzes and misdiagnosing. It's also why the line suddenly improved when XSF and Spain were both in - neither one was "taught" by Turner.

As a result, Pollack when he came in has had to in essence retrain the linemen from the ground up. Fix the footwork, fix the balance, the set, hand work and also get them playing like a unit. It's actually surprising he has them looking this improved this fast. Just like it has been a treat to watch Smith, Carman, Prince and Hill come along like they have.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 06:37 PM)Joelist Wrote: Sometimes I think some of us don't grasp just how bad a coach Turner was. Not only was he a **** in attitude terms but he pushed defective techniques on the young linemen and didn't teach. Little wonder that last season the big issue on the line was missing stunts and blitzes and misdiagnosing. It's also why the line suddenly improved when XSF and Spain were both in - neither one was "taught" by Turner.

As a result, Pollack when he came in has had to in essence retrain the linemen from the ground up. Fix the footwork, fix the balance, the set, hand work and also get them playing like a unit. It's actually surprising he has them looking this improved this fast. Just like it has been a treat to watch Smith, Carman, Prince and Hill come along like they have.

The run blocking has looked better than I thought it would too. Liking this wide zone scheme.

Crazy how fast D'Ante has come around, didn't expect this. Thought it would take at least a year or two to see what we got in him.

Prince has looked very good and he has a very high ceiling too with his length.

Trey Hill playing so well made it so we could trade away Price for BJ Hill, good move. Wanted BJ Hill in his Draft.

Reminds me a little of Geno when he came out of Georgia. Nice 3-tech.

Pollack is such an upgrade over Turner it isn't even funny.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 12:25 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: The only players I’d compare to Carman would be Sewell and Jenkins. Jenkins ain’t playing and I hear Sewell is struggling. Carman is trending up and looking better in each game. That’s an important thing to consider right now

Nope , he was never a top 10 pick, plenty of players to compare, i liked Cosmi over him, he is starting in Washington..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 08:26 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Nope , he was never a top 10 pick, plenty of players to compare, i liked Cosmi over him, he is starting in Washington..

Sure, toss his name in the hat too. I forgot Cosmi went a few picks later.

But I knew Carman wasn’t starting day 1 because he was going to go through a transition to guard. I think Carman will start this year though.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 08:26 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Nope , he was never a top 10 pick, plenty of players to compare, i liked Cosmi over him, he is starting in Washington..

I liked Cosmi a bit too. He was a little more NFL ready out of the gate and perhaps a safer floor, but I do think Carman might have a higher ceiling. I would’ve been cool w either of them. I admittedly wanted Jenkins w that 2nd pick (he and Humphrey both) though, and glad I didn’t get my wish there.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 08:26 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Nope , he was never a top 10 pick, plenty of players to compare, i liked Cosmi over him, he is starting in Washington..

Depends on what you wanted OT or Guard, Carman was made to play Guard and was more versatile and is showing it.

I liked Cosmi and once again it is about preference, not about who is the best OL for your team's needs.

Bet Carman starts soon.

(08-31-2021, 08:31 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Sure, toss his name in the hat too. I forgot Cosmi went a few picks later.

But I knew Carman wasn’t starting day 1 because he was going to go through a transition to guard. I think Carman will start this year though.

Same.

(08-31-2021, 08:43 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: I liked Cosmi a bit too.   He was a little more NFL ready out of the gate and perhaps a safer floor, but I do think Carman might have a higher ceiling.  I would’ve been cool w either of them.   I admittedly wanted Jenkins w that 2nd pick (he and Humphrey both) though, and glad I didn’t get my wish there.

Cosmi isn't near the mauler Carman is and yeah I also believe Carman has a higher ceiling. Didn't want Jenkins with that injury.

Wanted Creed Humphrey more than anyone but it looks like Trey Hill was a great pick which is awesome.

Cosmi has finishing issues, Carman doesn't. I liked Eichenberg but Carman was always in my thoughts in the 2nd.
Reply/Quote