Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jackson Carman At Bottom Of Depth Chart
Carman had a solid showing in pass protection and also had a few nice run blocks but I also remember two dun plays that were pretty bad. First he climbed to the second level and got his hands on a linebacker but the linebacker easily shed and made the play. Second it was 1 on 1 with the nose who easily shed and made the play. He needs to stay engaged as a run blocker. One exciting thing was the Goal line touchdown Carman was out of his stance and blocking before anyone else on either side...to bad he shot thr gap to fast lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2021, 02:35 PM)Synric Wrote: Carman had a solid showing in pass protection and also had a few nice run blocks but I also remember two dun plays that were pretty bad. First he climbed to the second level and got his hands on a linebacker but the linebacker easily shed and made the play. Second it was 1 on 1 with the nose who easily shed and made the play. He needs to stay engaged as a run blocker. One exciting thing was the Goal line touchdown Carman was out of his stance and blocking before anyone else on either side...to bad he shot thr gap to fast lol.

Yeah, Carman had some really nice moments last night. I loved his pancake on the LB at the second level. I saw no issues with his pass pro reps. I remember mentally noting a few things in the run game, but I don’t remember them specifically. Disappointed that preseason has no All-22.

Carman has played wel overall, IMO, through these first two preseason games.
Reply/Quote
Another solid showing for Carman yesterday.

He hasn’t done enough to claim a starting spot right out of the gate, but he’s trending in the right direction.

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 01:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Another solid showing for Carman yesterday.

He hasn’t done enough to claim a starting spot right out of the gate, but he’s trending in the right direction.

Pre-Season Week 1 Carman was inconsistent as you could possibly be he really finding and blocking linebackers in space either climbing or pulling.

Pre-Season Week 2 Carman looked alot more consistent with what he was seeing in the run game he was getting out there making his blocks but he wasn't always finishing.

Pre-Season Week 3 Carman was hands down the best Offensive Lineman on the field he was mauling in the run game and solid in pass protection.

Zac mentioned the Guard competition will extend into the regular season so it wouldnt surprise me to see Carman steal that right guard spot from Xavier Su'a-Filo.

PS: Someone should start a NFL cuts thread because I dont want too lol. Lions OT Tyrell Crosby was waived with I think a hamstring...I would rather see him in stripes than Fred Johnson.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Carman looked good again. It's too bad they feel the need to keep both vets with the youngsters on the line playing so well, but someone will likely get cut given it looks like they'll keep XSF and Spain. Probably Hill who has played well at Center as well and Price who has played well at LT and RT.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-preseason-week-3-game-recap-miami-dolphins-29-cincinnati-bengals-26

Quote:Bengals fans can’t help but be encouraged by what they saw from rookie Jackson Carman on Sunday. After a much-maligned start to training camp and first outing against Tampa Bay, the second-rounder has looked much improved the past two weeks. He didn’t take a single downgrade in pass protection on 20 such snaps in this contest.

Anyone still mad about this pick?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 01:16 PM)jj22 Wrote: Carman looked good again. It's too bad they feel the need to keep both vets with the youngsters on the line playing so well, but someone will likely get cut given it looks like they'll keep XSF and Spain. Probably Hill who has played well at Center as well and Price who has played well at LT and RT.

Prince?

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 03:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-preseason-week-3-game-recap-miami-dolphins-29-cincinnati-bengals-26

Anyone still mad about this pick?

I think its just as premature to call this a good draft pick as much as you would call it a bust. 

Time will tell if this pick was good or not.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 03:30 PM)GodFather Wrote: I think its just as premature to call this a good draft pick as much as you would call it a bust. 

Time will tell if this pick was good or not.

Definitely too early on any of these guys, but right now trading back to get Carman and Smith is looking pretty good.

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 03:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Definitely too early on any of these guys, but right now trading back to get Carman and Smith is looking pretty good.

Especially considering that the olinemen most wanted us to stay put and draft (Jenkins) is out for the year

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 03:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Especially considering that the olinemen most wanted us to stay put and draft (Jenkins) is out for the year

Yea, for as much shit as we give our medical department we need to give them props for flagging him like many others did pre draft.
Reply/Quote
Definitely pleased about Carman. If he turns out great, it will take some sting out of Chase being a bust (if that happens). Not every draft pick hits, and we have a better track record in round 2 than round 1.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 04:35 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Definitely pleased about Carman. If he turns out great, it will take some sting out of Chase being a bust (if that happens). Not every draft pick hits, and we have a better track record in round 2 than round 1.

In the last 10 or so years, I only was all in for Green and Burrow. I didn't really know enough about Eifert, at the time, to have a real opinion. Zietler was about where I thought he would be. Jonah has been disappointing but there's a chance. I haven't been behind all the rest. Burrow and Chase will be known in 3-4 years.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 03:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Prince?

Yep, meant Prince, who I've been impressed with. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 05:46 PM)jj22 Wrote: Yep, meant Prince, who I've been impressed with. 

[Image: mike-tyson-prince-vice-versa.webp?w=737&...7c362bb445]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 01:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Another solid showing for Carman yesterday.

He was the only guy I was watching with every snap. I was impressed. Really think we drafted well for the line this year. I honestly think its night and day where the oline is now compared to last year.

Reply/Quote
jury still out on Carman.. preseason did not turn out like some said it would with him being a starter, we will have to revisit this pick over the next few years to decide if it was worth giving up on some other Oline man that were on the board or passing on some other Oline on the board when we picked him
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 11:40 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: jury still out on Carman.. preseason did not turn out like some said it would with him being a starter, we will have to revisit this pick over the next few years to decide if it was worth giving up on some other Oline man that were on the board or passing on some other Oline on the board when we picked him

The only players I’d compare to Carman would be Sewell and Jenkins. Jenkins ain’t playing and I hear Sewell is struggling. Carman is trending up and looking better in each game. That’s an important thing to consider right now
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 12:25 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: The only players I’d compare to Carman would be Sewell and Jenkins. Jenkins ain’t playing and I hear Sewell is struggling. Carman is trending up and looking better in each game. That’s an important thing to consider right now

Totally agree! It's like we forgot this kid was learning a new position..what impresses me the most though is hearing how Carman is the first person there and the last person to leave..love the hard work!
Reply/Quote
Played good against the Phins and is getting better every week.

Carman was a nice grab, thought he looked good, he got beat once by the big NT but responded and locked him down.

Even when he got beat he still didn't allow the sack, got back and gave Shurmur enough time to make the pass.

Really love this pick. Cool
Reply/Quote