Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jackson Carman confident he can be the Bengals starting left guard
(05-26-2022, 10:20 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Have you read the thread, several documented pieces of proof. And mine is a bit more intimate. I have a solid contact and other decent ones, I also rented to 2 Bengals players. 

I have no desire to give up any source to jackoffs on the internet. You can look at my post history and see that I have yet to be wrong about anything that I said I had heard about.   There a couple on here who do know who my guys are.

On the top few picks Mike Brown,Duke, and Zac make the call. It’s basically a vote. Certain positions Zac’s vote carries more weight. But they listen to the scouts and position coaches and as Zac said this draft it’s not anybody’s pick it’s the Bengals pick. It’s a group decision. But Zac spearheaded the push for leaders and captains. He convinced them to spend more time looking at them interacting with coaches and teammates. Guided them on how to do more discovery.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2022, 10:20 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Have you read the thread, several documented pieces of proof. And mine is a bit more intimate. I have a solid contact and other decent ones, I also rented to 2 Bengals players. 

I have no desire to give up any source to jackoffs on the internet. You can look at my post history and see that I have yet to be wrong about anything that I said I had heard about.   There a couple on here who do know who my guys are.

I always roll my eyes when people say this. There's nothing lost or gained by anyone by telling people who you know. It's not like someone is going to use that info to effect them in any way. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Yes i just re-read the thread.  No where does anyone provide proof that MB made the pick.

And if you're so against giving up sources to jackoffs, then why should said jackoffs believe anything you say.  You-re just another aggressive internet keyboard warrior to me.  And no longer worth my time.  Bye Bye to ignore land.

Nice mature hostility and name calling btw.  Good way to build that credibility.
Reply/Quote
Another Bengals Board thread ruined.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2022, 10:50 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Another Bengals Board thread ruined.

Has there ever been one that wasn't?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2022, 10:51 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Has there ever been one that wasn't?

You got me.  Hilarious Burn.

Reply/Quote
(05-26-2022, 10:39 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: On the top few picks Mike Brown,Duke, and Zac make the call. It’s basically a vote. Certain positions Zac’s vote carries more weight. But they listen to the scouts and position coaches and as Zac said this draft it’s not anybody’s pick it’s the Bengals pick. It’s a group decision. But Zac spearheaded the push for leaders and captains. He convinced them to spend more time looking at them interacting with coaches and teammates. Guided them on how to do more discovery.

Im just telling you what i have been told by multiple regarding Carmen, we both know my sources are far more credible then yours.

Reply/Quote
(05-26-2022, 10:43 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I always roll my eyes when people say this. There's nothing lost or gained by anyone by telling people who you know. It's not like someone is going to use that info to effect them in any way. 

Many people read this board, again I dont care if any of you anonymous ***** are mad. I use my real name or real twitter that has my real name.

Reply/Quote
(05-26-2022, 10:45 PM)Stewy Wrote: Yes i just re-read the thread.  No where does anyone provide proof that MB made the pick.

And if you're so against giving up sources to jackoffs, then why should said jackoffs believe anything you say.  You-re just another aggressive internet keyboard warrior to me.  And no longer worth my time.  Bye Bye to ignore land.

Nice mature hostility and name calling btw.  Good way to build that credibility.

I have some immature hostility to get out as well, let me know when you stop ignoring me...

Reply/Quote
(05-26-2022, 10:59 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Many people read this board, again I dont care if any of you anonymous ***** are mad. I use my real name or real twitter that has my real name.

No one is mad but that has nothing to do with it being silly that people say they don't want to divulge their "contacts". This and the previous board has a history (a bad one) with people claiming to have inside sources. 

Reply/Quote
(05-26-2022, 10:58 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Im just telling you what i have been told by multiple regarding Carmen, we both know my sources are far more credible then yours.

That’s completely impossible. I’m not disputing what you said. I don’t specifically know anything about Carman/Alexander/Mike Brown. My comments were just in general in regards to the process and how the decisions are made.. I do know they felt some of their intel on Carman wasn’t forthcoming.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2022, 11:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No one is mad but that has nothing to do with it being silly that people say they don't want to divulge their "contacts". This and the previous board has a history (a bad one) with people claiming to have inside sources. 

I havent steered anyone wrong and I dont want to be a **** over those who tell me things.  I regret even saying anything.  And i really dont care who believes me. Apologize for being a dick. Ex-wife and kids issues spilling out on to the Bengals board. Sorry.

Reply/Quote
If Zac is the one making the draft picks and Mike Brown is not interferring then why would Brown be asking Paul Alexander about Carman? It seems odd that the one player Brown asks about is the very player the Bengals draft. The coaching staff didnt ask for Paul Alexanders opinion, Mike Brown did and that is who was picked. It looks very suspiciously to me that Brown is the one responsible for the Carman pick with input from his "right to the top" ketchup buddy Alexander.

If Mike Brown wants to win the Super Bowl, Paul Alexander needs to have zero input on who we draft and Brown needs to let the coaching staff worry about who gets picked.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2022, 10:51 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Has there ever been one that wasn't?

Just when he’s on timeout.

Reply/Quote
(05-24-2022, 08:59 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: __________

I’ve been discussing and dueling with Fred Mertz on this. Like I’ve alluded Carman disappointed the staff last year on a few things. But it sure sounds like he’s focused and has matured. I think he’s ready to flourish. I’m excited and I hope he solidifies the line. I feel so much better about things after reading this.

A few things:  One, I don't think he ever really "won" the job last year.  He was given it by default when XSF got injured week 2.  I would hardly call that winning the job, but I digress.

I really liked him after hearing how he put off surgery in college to try and win a national championship.  Probably cost himself a chance to rise up boards with his back healed by the combine and really show his potential.  Instead, he wasn't even able to participate at Clemson's pro day. 

Showing up out of shape after this was understandable in my eyes.  As Carman said recently "you are never done with a back surgery" eluding to the rehab that is ongoing.  

It was presented as he has a problem with a work ethic, and that this tag followed him clear back to his days at Fairfield High School.  Odd, given the Bengal's recent tendency to really driven guys that are leaders, former captains, etc. at such a critical position in the draft.

Where he stands today is in better physical condition from a weight standpoint.  That's all we really know.  We don't know his true conditioning nor how much he has worked in the off season to improve his weaknesses....such as hand placement.

I know he worked out with some former offensive line coach in Dallas for a month in the off season and that is at least a start.  He needs to win over Pollack and maybe show a bit of a nasty streak in some practices.  I don't know what was said about his mother, but he took a VERY large DT for a ride and pancaked him against the Ravens.  Need to see more of that.  

The Bengals played it perfect in drafting Volson.  He is kind of the anti-Carman.  Works his butt off even if he may not be as physically gifted, and a "glass eater".  He is probably more pro ready than Carman coming out due to his extensive playing time over five seasons.  If Carman slips up, he will be waiting.  If Carman reaches his potential and gains consistency, we have a quality backup.  

FWIW, I never saw Adeniji and Smith as guards, but backup tackles.  I really like Smith the most out of all of them from a pure body and dedication standpoint, but he has to prove he can stay healthy.  

Who am I pulling for?  I don't really care.  I just want a solid LG to go with the rest of the above average line.  
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2022, 08:33 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: A few things:  One, I don't think he ever really "won" the job last year.  He was given it by default when XSF got injured week 2.  I would hardly call that winning the job, but I digress.

I really liked him after hearing how he put off surgery in college to try and win a national championship.  Probably cost himself a chance to rise up boards with his back healed by the combine and really show his potential.  Instead, he wasn't even able to participate at Clemson's pro day. 

Showing up out of shape after this was understandable in my eyes.  As Carman said recently "you are never done with a back surgery" eluding to the rehab that is ongoing.  

It was presented as he has a problem with a work ethic, and that this tag followed him clear back to his days at Fairfield High School.  Odd, given the Bengal's recent tendency to really driven guys that are leaders, former captains, etc. at such a critical position in the draft.

Where he stands today is in better physical condition from a weight standpoint.  That's all we really know.  We don't know his true conditioning nor how much he has worked in the off season to improve his weaknesses....such as hand placement.

I know he worked out with some former offensive line coach in Dallas for a month in the off season and that is at least a start.  He needs to win over Pollack and maybe show a bit of a nasty streak in some practices.  I don't know what was said about his mother, but he took a VERY large DT for a ride and pancaked him against the Ravens.  Need to see more of that.  

The Bengals played it perfect in drafting Volson.  He is kind of the anti-Carman.  Works his butt off even if he may not be as physically gifted, and a "glass eater".  He is probably more pro ready than Carman coming out due to his extensive playing time over five seasons.  If Carman slips up, he will be waiting.  If Carman reaches his potential and gains consistency, we have a quality backup.  

FWIW, I never saw Adeniji and Smith as guards, but backup tackles.  I really like Smith the most out of all of them from a pure body and dedication standpoint, but he has to prove he can stay healthy.  

Who am I pulling for?  I don't really care.  I just want a solid LG to go with the rest of the above average line.  

This is where I am at. Best man wins the job, and I don't really care who it is. As to who made the pick, I'm quite sure Duke, Zac and Pollack had linemen rated when they needed to take them. Did MB talk to PA about it, probably, they are long time friends. It would be strange to me if MB didn't ask PA his opinion, after all he owns the team. Wouldn't getting as many opinions about a player as you can be smart? And although PA gets grief over some of his lines and picks, he also had some very good lines during his time here. I think M asked about it, maybe said something to Duke about it, but I highly doubt he jumped on the table and ordered Tobin to make this pick. And if he did, so what, it's his team, and the book is far from written on the hometown Jiant.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2022, 03:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes I knew PA had talked to Mike. Just pointing out that his opinion was meaningless. We did not select Carman based on the "influence" of Paul Alexander.

Guess you were the one who missed the point.

lol you can't be serious with this...you know his opinion was meaningless how? What was the point of Mike meeting with him if he wasn't going to care or listen to a word he said? Give me a break man.

[Image: OIP.suixSoU9LZ7SSaISO3lotgHaHu?pid=ImgDet&rs=1]
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2022, 04:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why would Mike want to talk to PA about Jackson if he considered his opinion "meaningless"? 

Because Fred got owned in an argument an he has no other way to spin it. 
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2022, 04:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If Bengals let Paul Alexander determine who we draft then why doesn't  he talk to the guys that make draft decisions.

I have been told in no uncertain terms that Zac  is in control of the players we draft. Or maybe Robin. But Mike does not control draft picks anymore.

Pretty sure the only reason Mike was only interested in Carman was that he had already been informed by Taylor or Tobin.

You guys actually think Mike Brown scouted all the college O-line prospects; fell in love with Carman; called in PA to rubber stamp he decision; and then told Tobin to take him??

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

I don't believe a word of anything you just said. 
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2022, 07:22 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So if Carman comes out and dominates at the LG position thi year, are y'all gonna give PA credit?

Sure he should get some of the credit...why not? 
Reply/Quote