Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jackson Carman confident he can be the Bengals starting left guard
(05-31-2022, 09:51 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I know for fact Zac likes players from top winning programs and team captains. Certainly they can’t all be team captains but they’ve got to come with the reputation for hard workers and love ball. He asked Duke and the scouting department to only bring those type of individuals. He asked them to look at their interactions with their teammates and coaches. He asked for more character discovery.

Then if he took Carman in the second round Jackson must fulfill all of these requirements, correct?  He must a reputation for hard work and loves football, right?
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2022, 07:48 PM)jason Wrote: Everyone loves Pollack and his lines haven't been worth a damn here either though. Doesn't exactly take a guru to be a better man than Jim Turner, and "coach up" the players he had in Dallas either.

(05-27-2022, 08:10 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Pollack at least lasted a few seasons in Dallas. Alexander got fired almost immediately

And you need talent. Adeniji and Prince are the opposite of talents

This....but we'll see how Frank does with some players to work with. Alexander's eff up in 2015 set this franchise back years. I'm not going to forget that any time soon. 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2022, 10:39 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I really don’t give two _____ if you think I have any sources. Others know I definitely do. Never said they all agree on picks. I said they come to a decision. You obviously have zero clue how big business or corporations work. Management teams come to final agreements that serve them best. You baffle me. Sometimes you have great observations and deep deep dives but your common sense is horrible.

You can type shit on here.... Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-31-2022, 10:00 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Then if he took Carman in the second round Jackson must fulfill all of these requirements, correct?  He must a reputation for hard work and loves football, right?

Carman came with glowing reports from Clemson and I’d suspect Alexander. Events made them previously ( they feel better today) scratch their heads. He did receive the Solid Rock award at their awards banquet. He played for a top winning program. So yes he fit several of their prerequisites. You can PM me any time to enlighten you.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2022, 10:27 AM)Wyche Wrote: You can type shit on here.... Ninja

Maybe he was intending it to be the f-bomb word?  Ninja Ninja
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2022, 10:37 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Carman came with glowing reports from Clemson and I’d suspect Alexander. Events made them previously (they feel better today) scratch their heads. He did receive the Solid Rock award at their awards banquet. He played for a top winning program. So yes he fit several of their prerequisites. You can PM me any time to enlighten you.

You can't educate me on anything.  I knew all of this.  My comments were aimed at these guys.

(05-25-2022, 10:23 AM)kalibengal Wrote: which begs the question: with all the vetting, pre-draft visits, data etc. How the F do you decide to  draft a guy like this in 2nd round? How do you not see the signs that he may not be a dawg in NFL?  I'm hoping you are wrong here...but there were so many other options in last yrs draft in 2nd round.  

(05-25-2022, 10:37 AM)jason Wrote: I'm gonna echo James Rapien's sentiment that there is something about Carman's demeanor that I don't like. 
Reply/Quote
I am not going to comment on the validity of anyone here who claims to have an inside source.  This is not a personal attack.  I amjust making this post so they can understand when people sometimes mock their claims.

We have two guys with inside sources.  They are telling us different stories.  And neither one of them has ever in any thread provided a valid piece of "inside information".  All They have done is state their opinion and claim it is backed up by an inside source.

They may actually have "sources", but apparently the sources don't know anything because they have provided zero "inside information".

Personally I would feel a little silly bragging about an "inside source" if I had no way to provide any proof of validity.  And I don't mean a name.  I mean some legitimate information.  But maybe these were not around for the huge fake insider Brian Patireno or whatever his name was.  They don't understand how many people here see their claims. 
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2022, 11:38 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You can't educate me on anything.  I knew all of this.  My comments were aimed at these guys.

Fooled me
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2022, 11:46 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Fooled me

You must have fooled yourself.

Go back and read the thread.  The whole premise from Weezy and these others was that Carman was a lazy bum but Mike Brown forced the team to draft him anyway.  I was the one saying, just like you did, Carman was not regarded as a lazy bum coming out of college.

Get it now?
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2022, 11:49 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You must have fooled yourself.

Go back and read the thread.  The whole premise from Weezy and these others was that Carman was a lazy bum but Mike Brown forced the team to draft him anyway.  I was the one saying, just like you did, Carman was not regarded as a lazy bum coming out of college.

Get it now?

Oh I got that part.
Reply/Quote

Get it now?

I don’t know who was Carman’s cheerleader between Mike,Zac, and Duke. Don’t know Alexander’s influence. But this I’ll stand firm on and the source not even remotely wrong. It’s impossible for him to be. They got some bad intel from somewhere on Carman. This was not clarified but I got the impression it had to do with work habits or desire. But now they feel good in that area. And I don’t give 2 _____ if you believe squat from me. My reputation for honesty is important to me. Peoples character are fundamentally tied to it. 95% of my posts are opinions. Some based on info I’ve been subject to. But the majority of my posts are indeed opinions.
Reply/Quote

Get it now?

I don’t know who was Carman’s cheerleader between Mike,Zac, and Duke. Don’t know Alexander’s influence. But this I’ll stand firm on and the source not even remotely wrong. It’s impossible for him to be. They got some bad intel from somewhere on Carman. This was not clarified but I got the impression it had to do with work habits or desire. But now they feel good in that area. And I don’t give 2 _____ if you believe squat from me. My reputation for honesty is important to me. Peoples character are fundamentally tied to it. 95% of my posts are opinions. Some based on info I’ve been subject to. But the majority of my posts are indeed opinions.
Reply/Quote
"Well, I'm not very good and even worse than last year's lousy attempt.", said nobody ever..  We shall see.. I'm personally rooting for Volson, but whoever gets the nod I'm rooting for them to exceed all expectations beyond their wildest dreams..  I DO NOT root for any Bengals players to fail.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-31-2022, 11:41 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not going to comment on the validity of anyone here who claims to have an inside source.  This is not a personal attack.  I amjust making this post so they can understand when people sometimes mock their claims.

We have two guys with inside sources.  They are telling us different stories.  And neither one of them has ever in any thread provided a valid piece of "inside information".  All They have done is state their opinion and claim it is backed up by an inside source.

They may actually have "sources", but apparently the sources don't know anything because they have provided zero "inside information".

Personally I would feel a little silly bragging about an "inside source" if I had no way to provide any proof of validity.  And I don't mean a name.  I mean some legitimate information.  But maybe these were not around for the huge fake insider Brian Patireno or whatever his name was.  They don't understand how many people here see their claims. 

In this day and age, people would be wise to take claims of insider information with a grain of salt.  It's simply too easy to fake being an insider.  All you honestly have to do is state opinions that sound plausible and claim they are backed up by unnamed sources without getting into specifics. To be fair, I don't think a lot of people on this board that have claimed to have inside sources are deliberately trying to deceive other posters.  I think they are being dumped themselves in a lot of cases.  I also see people's opinions get mistakenly turned into inside information.  Case in point, the first time I heard that I saw someone post Bates and the Bengals were looking at 5 years/$70 mil and the hold up was guaranteed money, the poster presented it as their opinion.  Several people have ran with that as insider information when I haven't seen a single credible source back that up.  
Reply/Quote
I have insider information that the inside of my shop is still a mess.. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-31-2022, 12:57 PM)grampahol Wrote: I have insider information that the inside of my shop is still a mess.. 

Hearsay.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2022, 02:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Hearsay.

Yep

Gonna need a link.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2022, 12:50 PM)Whatever Wrote: In this day and age, people would be wise to take claims of insider information with a grain of salt.  It's simply too easy to fake being an insider.  All you honestly have to do is state opinions that sound plausible and claim they are backed up by unnamed sources without getting into specifics. To be fair, I don't think a lot of people on this board that have claimed to have inside sources are deliberately trying to deceive other posters.  I think they are being dumped themselves in a lot of cases.  I also see people's opinions get mistakenly turned into inside information.  Case in point, the first time I heard that I saw someone post Bates and the Bengals were looking at 5 years/$70 mil and the hold up was guaranteed money, the poster presented it as their opinion.  Several people have ran with that as insider information when I haven't seen a single credible source back that up.  

What I generally look at is how vague the information is.

If I was having a conversation with someone and they made a cryptic comment I would ask what they mean.    When I see comments like "He wouldn't give me any details" or "He didn't clarify/explain" It makes me wonder.

I work with a guy whose sister-in-law is an "administrative assistant" in the office of the Athletic Director at the University of Tennessee.  He has shared specific information with me before it was in the news.  But she is always honest about the difference between an "office rumor" and something she has personal knowledge of.  Sometimes the "office rumors" turn out to be true, but sometimes they don't.

I think a lot of people who claim to have "inside information" just have "office rumors".  And when pushed for details they become evasive.  They don't want to admit how little they actually know.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2022, 02:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Hearsay.

The only way you can disprove it is to come by my shop and clean it up..  and it's a LOT of cleaning needed to be done.. LOL
Right before surgery last February I had a big cabinet job decide to cancel right after I bought everything and got started.. I don't do business by trust anymore unless I have the material on hand and I know the customer..  Trust me..It's a mess.. 

Reply/Quote
(05-31-2022, 10:00 PM)grampahol Wrote: The only way you can disprove it is to come by my shop and clean it up..  and it's a LOT of cleaning needed to be done.. LOL
Right before surgery last February I had a big cabinet job decide to cancel right after I bought everything and got started.. I don't do business by trust anymore unless I have the material on hand and I know the customer..  Trust me..It's a mess.. 

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b7611c9034baf074bad52dc...y.gif&ct=g]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote