Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jackson Carman
(09-26-2021, 06:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The announcers kept harping on it, they so wanted to see them get one. They were trying to jinx Mixon talking about how he never fumbles either. They were unbearable today.

I thought Trent Green was gonna go down to the 50 and grab a terrible towel at one point.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The OL was very good today. Zero sacks and 2 hits allowed. With better play calling we could have hung 2 more TDs on them.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 06:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So saying GOOD things about the Bengals repeatedly made you mad?

Dude, you might need some therapy.

Some of us are just so accustomed to losing or believe the league is out to get to us.

As a season ticket holder of 16 years and a fan for much longer... it is what it is.  I haven't seen a Bengals win in my lifetime... give people a break
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 06:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So saying GOOD things about the Bengals repeatedly made you mad?

Uh…no, it seemed like they were upset these things weren’t happening, and they were actively trying to jinx it.

I know you don’t watch the games though, so you wouldn’t know.

Reply/Quote

And they were disagreeing with every call that went for us or against the Steelers. They weren’t even trying to hide their bias.

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 06:53 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I thought Trent Green was gonna go down to the 50 and grab a terrible towel at one point.

Right?

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 07:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Right?

Green has been an a-hole when he does Bengals games from the beginning.  Probably still hates them from the year the Chiefs came here and got their win streak snapped in 03.  

It seemed like they talked about the Ingram call for a good half hour.  
Reply/Quote
I don't know if the line is actually starting to gel of if the Steelers' pass rush is just that bad minus Watt. Ingram had been having a nice year so far, so they have other guys.

Burrow had a ton of time today. I kept expecting him to get pasted, then he didn't. I'm not giving all credit to Carman. I think Spain has played very well this year, and Reiff is an absolute bargain so far. I would leave Carman in and not look back regardless of XSF's health. The rookie is the future, and if he can hang like he did today, then get the process started.

Maybe, just maybe, we are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel when it comes to bad line play and this football team. It's really beginning to feel like it.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 07:56 PM)samhain Wrote: Green has been an a-hole when he does Bengals games from the beginning.  Probably still hates them from the year the Chiefs came here and got their win streak snapped in 03.  

Guess he is taking Dan Fouts place.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 07:56 PM)samhain Wrote: Green has been an a-hole when he does Bengals games from the beginning.  Probably still hates them from the year the Chiefs came here and got their win streak snapped in 03.  

I think it was Geathers, that slammed Green head first into the ground and pretty much ended his career.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 08:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Impressive start. Will be interesting if he comes into his own and Chase continues to ball… looking like we played it right… it’s week 3 tho too early to tell.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 05:47 PM)tBengal Wrote: I know he had the penalty in the first half but I saw some nice blocks from him today. What are your thoughts?

First impressions were very good in the run game, and maybe average in pass blocking, but I saw a lot of hustle and effort.  The arrow is pointing up on him right now.  
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 06:05 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: He got to cut his teeth today.  I don't watch every O-line player on most snaps.  But it seems he held his own.  That said, it would have been more interesting if TJ Watt played.  No detracting from Carman by any means.  It seems this was the perfect game for him to get his shot.  Let's hope he is all that was predicted.  I'm rooting for him.

If Watt and Highsmith were healthy, it may have been a different ballgame.
Reply/Quote
Having just been inserted in the lineup, the early false start penalty did not bother me. The game did not look too big for him, which was what I wanted to see. I think he will only get better as time goes on.
Reply/Quote

And he spent plenty of time questioning why Pittsburgh wasn't flagged for taking Boyd to the ground after he stepped out.

I didn't hear anything biased from him at all.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 09:01 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: If Watt and Highsmith were healthy, it may have been a different ballgame.

Shut. Up.

(09-26-2021, 09:10 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: And he spent plenty of time questioning why Pittsburgh wasn't flagged for taking Boyd to the ground after he stepped out.

Agreed. Harlan did the jinxing and they both went nuts on the Ingram call (which was the right call, as you cannot hit the QB in the head, anywhere), but Trent even had a good 30 seconds of compliments, followed by, "These aren't the same Bengals."

That's praise, if anything.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 09:10 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: And he spent plenty of time questioning why Pittsburgh wasn't flagged for taking Boyd to the ground after he stepped out.

Not mention on the PI call on Awuzie being a totally uncatchable ball.

Not a mention of the Pratt strip fumble post-whistle when the Pittsburgh player slammed Pratt to the ground.  That's a flag all day if the play is truly dead.  
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 09:01 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: If Watt and Highsmith were healthy, it may have been a different ballgame.

If Higgins and Ossai were playing it could have been even worse?
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 09:50 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: If Higgins and Ossai were playing it could have been even worse?

And Waynes. Ben definitely picked on Apple today.

Reply/Quote