Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jackson Carman
(09-26-2021, 09:01 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: If Watt and Highsmith were healthy, it may have been a different ballgame.

Neither of those players would make Ben or the Steelers o-line play better.  That offense is far more problematic than the defense minus Watt and Highsmith.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 09:34 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Shut. Up.

Agreed. Harlan did the jinxing and they both went nuts on the Ingram call (which was the right call, as you cannot hit the QB in the head, anywhere), but Trent even had a good 30 seconds of compliments, followed by, "These aren't the same Bengals."

That's praise, if anything.

Plus they even talked about Boswell's FG streak against the Bengals.

If that ain't a jinx on a player... what is?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 09:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And Waynes. Ben definitely picked on Apple today.

Everyone picks on Apple. He’s not starter quality and every team knows it
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 09:01 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: If Watt and Highsmith were healthy, it may have been a different ballgame.

Same if Higgins and Waynes were healthy. 
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 09:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And Waynes. Ben definitely picked on Apple today.

[Image: th?id=OIP.ziV1clmAYOPjfcs8-ChWFwHaFB&pid...=240&h=164]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 08:59 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: First impressions were very good in the run game, and maybe average in pass blocking, but I saw a lot of hustle and effort.  The arrow is pointing up on him right now.  

Exactly what i saw. His body language was great all game long, he should get a decent grade in pass blocking and he should be solid green or better in run blocking. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Considering Carman yielded zero sacks, hits or pressures he was more than average.
Reply/Quote
I love his nastiness.

Reply/Quote
This is turning out to be quite a draft class.

Too bad Ossai got hurt early.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 10:47 PM)Go Cards Wrote: This is turning out to be quite a draft class.

Too bad Ossai got hurt early.

I was just thinking about this a bit ago. This could be one of those foundational classes that set you up for 4-7 years.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 06:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So saying GOOD things about the Bengals repeatedly made you mad?

Dude, you might need some therapy.

Curse of the Commentators. The second they start talking about how good X has been, X will **** up. Damn near every single time.
Reply/Quote
I believe Carman is probably the starter from here on, unless he backslides.
Reply/Quote
PFF on Jackson Carman from their Game Review...
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-3-game-recap-cincinnati-bengals-24-pittsburgh-steelers-10

PFF Wrote:We got our first taste of rookie Jackson Carman, and the results were encouraging. He didn’t allow a single pressure on 19 pass-blocking snaps on first review of the film.

I saw one play where he fended off Melvin Ingram well, only needing to use one arm for part of the block to keep him at bay.

I hate that XSF got injured, but I am encouraged by Carman and hopeful Carman gets a chance to keep the starting RG role until he proves otherwise.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
He didn't "wow" but he didn't seem like a liability either.
Reply/Quote
He looked damn good to me.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
I saw one of the cleanest longest pockets on that second TD to Chase, than I’ve seen in lord knows how long. I know Pitts line is banged up, but man that was a beauty.
Reply/Quote

That's funny.  I could have sworn that "injuries are not an excuse" for every team except the Bengals.

LOL
Reply/Quote
Carman does not have to be better than Su'a-Filo to keep the starting job. As long as he is close you have to play him because he has growth potential that Xavier does not.
Reply/Quote
Played well vs a Beat up Defense.. Will have to see more
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 12:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Played well vs a Beat up Defense..    Will have to see more

This.

Whoever was here after the '17 season will remember how Christian Westerman and Alex Redmond were going to save our offensive line based on about 100 snaps played.

Then after 2019 it was Fred Johnson based on 140 snaps.

And this will sound unbelievable to many here, but when Eric Ghiacuic started after Braham got injured in '06 he received a lot of praise for how physical he was with the big NT/DTs that played in the division that year(Ngata, Casey Hampton, Ted Washington).

I really like Carman's potential a lot.  And it is such a key spot on our roster right now I can't help but feel really positive about him.  

But it is still way too early to say for sure how he will end up.  However looking at Su'a-Filo's injury history (only 25 games played over last 3 seasons) I think Jackson will see a lot of playing time no matter what.
Reply/Quote