Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jackson Carman
(09-26-2021, 05:47 PM)tBengal Wrote: I know he had the penalty in the first half but I saw some nice blocks from him today. What are your thoughts?

Made some mistakes but is a rookie.   Overall, I think he did pretty well.    Based on this performance, I think he has earned another start and can give XSF another week to rest/heal.  

If Carman continues to play this way and improve, then I think XSF may be looking at being a depth piece for the rest of the season.  
Reply/Quote
Carmen validates the Chase pick big time
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 07:20 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I saw one of the cleanest longest pockets on that second TD to Chase, than I’ve seen in lord knows how long. I know Pitts line is banged up, but man that was a beauty.

I said this exact same thing in another thread. That goes to show the offensive line is perfectly capable and we should be opening up the playbook more for longer developing plays and play action downfield.
Reply/Quote
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/9/27/22696238/jackson-carman-was-bengals-best-o-lineman-vs-steelers-per-pff

68.8 pass blocking grade per PFF. So maybe his run blocking was graded poorly, but he was our best pass blocker according to PFF.
Reply/Quote
He is getting the start this week too according to Taylor
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 09:34 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Shut. Up.

Agreed. Harlan did the jinxing and they both went nuts on the Ingram call (which was the right call, as you cannot hit the QB in the head, anywhere), but Trent even had a good 30 seconds of compliments, followed by, "These aren't the same Bengals."

That's praise, if anything.

Come on Trucker, you don't want to beat their best?
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 09:54 PM)samhain Wrote: Neither of those players would make Ben or the Steelers o-line play better.  That offense is far more problematic than the defense minus Watt and Highsmith.

My bad, there were 4 starters out for Pitt in the front 7, not 2.

I'm a guy who's rather beat the best and then there's no excuse they can use.

I hope they are at full strength in Cincy and STILL get spanked!
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 10:03 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Same if Higgins and Waynes were healthy. 

With his history so far, Waynes seems to be the Tyler Eifert of the defense.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 11:48 AM)fredtoast Wrote: That's funny.  I could have sworn that "injuries are not an excuse" for every team except the Bengals.

LOL

You've been around this franchise long enough to know how it rolls since MB.

IF this franchise spanks them in Cincy without 4 of the front 7 being out, then there are no excuses, correct GB?
Reply/Quote
I thought he played ok as a rookie though PFF which many referenced on a daily basis on players like Jordan and Price had him in 30 range..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Speaking of Billy Price, looks like he graded out at 76 this past week; I wonder if last game was just an aberration or could he be turning the corner?
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 05:47 PM)tBengal Wrote: I know he had the penalty in the first half but I saw some nice blocks from him today. What are your thoughts?

Damn good player and great pick.

Love Jackson Carman, start him at RG from here on out is my take after his first start.

Saw him mauling Steelers the way it should be.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 09:10 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: And he spent plenty of time questioning why Pittsburgh wasn't flagged for taking Boyd to the ground after he stepped out.

I didn't hear anything biased from him at all.

He was all over the place, which I guess is good. I can see how people heard whatever they wanted to hear...

I will say I called him a f***ing moron about 10 times when he went on and on about how Claypool’s PI on that screen by the end zone was a bad call. He was sure it was on somebody else and was going on and on and didn’t see the blatant early block by Claypool who charged like a maniac right from the snap and was the closest player to the LOS. Then he talked over the refs when they made the call and said it was on #11 so he didn’t hear that. You’d think someone in his ear would have told him to shut up and listen to the call or watch the replay for the other WR but guess not
Reply/Quote
As for Carman, he did have that flag and a bad play I noticed early like others have said. Other than that I didn’t notice anything bad which is good in my book. Early stuff was understandable for a rookie in his first start. He quickly got it corrected and looked better than XSF for the remainder of the game. As Fred said, his ceiling is higher so if he keeps playing even solid football it’s better to let him grow and develop as a starter.

Overall very happy with his performance after the preseason and considering he’s a rookie. Should be at worst a good starter with the potential to be great
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 07:41 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: As for Carman, he did have that flag and a bad play I noticed early like others have said. Other than that I didn’t notice anything bad which is good in my book. Early stuff was understandable for a rookie in his first start. He quickly got it corrected and looked better than XSF for the remainder of the game. As Fred said, his ceiling is higher so if he keeps playing even solid football it’s better to let him grow and develop as a starter.

Overall very happy with his performance after the preseason and considering he’s a rookie. Should be at worst a good starter with the potential to be great

Loved how Carman played after the early penalty.

Truly believe he can be a great Guard and a nice versatile OL for us in case an injury happens to either Jonah or Riley.

BTW, Prince had a couple nice blocks when Riley went out for a play or two.

Funny how Prince might end up being a better pro than either Price or Jordan.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 09:46 PM)samhain Wrote: Not mention on the PI call on Awuzie being a totally uncatchable ball.

Not a mention of the Pratt strip fumble post-whistle when the Pittsburgh player slammed Pratt to the ground.  That's a flag all day if the play is truly dead.  

He did not give a reason, but did say he disagreed with the Awuzie call.

If I recall correctly, he did comment quickly on the throw down, mentioning that there had already been multiple whistles.
Reply/Quote
Carman Electric
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2021, 08:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Carman Electric

NICKNAME THREAD!!!!!!!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2021, 08:29 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: NICKNAME THREAD!!!!!!!

[Image: emerson-oh-hell-no.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2021, 09:07 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: [Image: emerson-oh-hell-no.gif]

[Image: haters-malibu.gif]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote