Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Jackson Carmen hahahahaha
Some scouts had him as the 2nd highest rated OG in the draft. He wasn’t a reach at 46. Just stop.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 12:42 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It was a knee injury which is why he sat out most of his rookie season. He was soft cause he is a marshmallow.

Nothing like Jackson Carman who is a bully who likes to beat people up. Carman is a road grader.

BTW, this thread should have the same name as the player. People keep calling him Carmen, degrading and stupid.

You don't really know what you're talking about man, a back injury is a crippling injury you might want to talk to someone who has had a herniated disc.  I don't care how big and strong he is if he has a back injury that is a big deal.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 01:19 AM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: You don't really know what you're talking about man, a back injury is a crippling injury you might want to talk to someone who has had a herniated disc.  I don't care how big and strong he is if he has a back injury that is a big deal.

You don't think he has had check ups?

Dickerson and Jenkins were much more questionable to most and were taken ahead of Carman...
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 01:07 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Some scouts had him as the 2nd highest rated OG in the draft. He wasn’t a reach at 46. Just stop.

Synric and I had the same ratings for Carman at Guard and he is more pro ready than Meinerz.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 01:33 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You don't think he has had check ups?

Dickerson and Jenkins were much more questionable to most and were taken ahead of Carman...

I don't know if I trust the Bengals to evaluate injuries.  He likely had a herniated disc, if he had back surgery.  I would not draft an offensive lineman that has a history of this type of injury.  I just don't think your back is ever the same once you have had a herniated disc especially if it was bad enough that it required surgery.
Reply/Quote
I've been as critical as anybody with the Bengals taking Chase but Carman has potential to be a really good guard. Not sure why people are down on him. He has some concerns but this isn't a missed pick.

Find it kind of funny, might have been Sunset that asked me who I would feel okay with in round two several weeks ago if we passed on Sewell since I was against Jenkins and Leatherwood. My two guys were Cosmi and Carman.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 01:46 AM)AtomicBlaze Wrote:  I don't know if I trust the Bengals to evaluate injuries.  He likely had a herniated disc, if he had back surgery.  I would not draft an offensive lineman that has a history of this type of injury.  I just don't think your back is ever the same once you have had a herniated disc especially if it was bad enough that it required surgery.

Thanks for clearing that up man, seems to be a bit of speculation on if he had a herniated disc or not.

Knee injuries and ACL injuries are a bit more concerning to me than a speculative herniated disc.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 01:51 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I've been as critical as anybody with the Bengals taking Chase but Carman has potential to be a really good guard. Not sure why people are down on him. He has some concerns but this isn't a missed pick.

Find it kind of funny, might have been Sunset that asked me who I would feel okay with in round two several weeks ago if we passed on Sewell since I was against Jenkins and Leatherwood. My two guys were Cosmi and Carman.

Same. I honestly didn't know about the back injury, and it sucks to know we could've had Sewell and Terrance Marshall...but as long as this guy's back is okay I think he's a fine prospect. That's a big if though...anyone have any in depth info on this back injury?

Because obviously back injuries tend to only get worse.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 02:00 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Same. I honestly didn't know about the back injury, and it sucks to know we could've had Sewell and Terrance Marshall...but as long as this guy's back is okay I think he's a fine prospect. That's a big if though...anyone have any in depth info on this back injury?

This is a must know, I have only heard it from a few. Need some facts.
Reply/Quote
I do remember Ogbuehi being injured at Texas AM For a undisclosed injury and he did have lower back injuries here in Cincinnati . He was so bad as a red shirt senior at left tackle they moved him to right tackle but I still can't believe we took an injured over aged crappy soft footballplayer in round 1.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 02:00 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Same. I honestly didn't know about the back injury, and it sucks to know we could've had Sewell and Terrance Marshall...but as long as this guy's back is okay I think he's a fine prospect. That's a big if though...anyone have any in depth info on this back injury?

That pair will be the future measuring stick of this draft. Sewell and Marshall vs Carman and Chase.

The projections for this draft have been pretty far off.

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 02:07 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: That pair will be the future measuring stick of this draft. Sewell and Marshall vs Carman and Chase.

The projections for this draft have been pretty far off.

...and its definitely not hindsight, because many of us said Marshall would be available.

Should be interesting to watch, but I really don't want to debate it every week this year.

I'm sure I might bring it up a few times though, if this all backfires. Itd be hard not to.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 02:02 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is a must know, I have only heard it from a few. Need some facts.

He had back surgery in January for the herniated disc, which kept him out of Clemson’s pro day last month. But he reportedly held a private workout for about 18 teams on April 15th.

https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/clemson/clemson-ot-carman-helps-nfl-draft-stock-after-pro-day-agent-says/article_eb6e1b9e-9ba9-11eb-b964-b381dc770b34.html

Love this bit from SI:

Players like Jalen Mayfield, Liam Eichenberg, Dillon Radunz and Alex Leatherwood are all talked about in the same tier as him, but Carman’s tape is a lot better than all of them.

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/nfl/hot-take-tuesday-jackson-carman-is-getting-drafted-a-lot-higher-than-you-think

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 02:10 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: ...and its definitely not hindsight, because many of us said Marshall would be available.

Should be interesting to watch, but I really don't want to debate it every week this year.

I'm sure I might bring it up a few times though, if this all backfires. Itd be hard not to.

Yup.

And still some good quality guys at WR out there. I really want them to take Powell from Clemson. He will need a year to develop but he will be a beast. Good news is, he is a punt returner too... so a way to get on the field this year.

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 02:10 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: ...and its definitely not hindsight, because many of us said Marshall would be available.

You were confident Marshall would be available before the medical concerns came out though. Which I maintain would not have been the case. Not after that pro day.

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 02:14 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He had back surgery in January for the herniated disc, which kept him out of Clemson’s pro day last month. But he reportedly held a private workout for about 18 teams on April 15th.

https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/clemson/clemson-ot-carman-helps-nfl-draft-stock-after-pro-day-agent-says/article_eb6e1b9e-9ba9-11eb-b964-b381dc770b34.html

Love this but from SI:

Players like Jalen Mayfield, Liam Eichenberg, Dillon Radunz and Alex Leatherwood are all talked about in the same tier as him, but Carman’s tape is a lot better than all of them.

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/nfl/hot-take-tuesday-jackson-carman-is-getting-drafted-a-lot-higher-than-you-think

As a Clemson guy I'm happy to see him here. And some of his issues will be helped with a move to guard. He won't have to move his feet as quick to deal with the speed on the edge which was a problem sometimes.

As a brute inside guy, I think people will like him. Just need to make sure the back heals up and isn't an ongoing issue.

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 02:14 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He had back surgery in January for the herniated disc, which kept him out of Clemson’s pro day last month. But he reportedly held a private workout for about 18 teams on April 15th.

Love this but from SI:

Thanks Nicomo. Liking the pick more and more.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 02:15 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Yup.

And still some good quality guys at WR out there. I really want them to take Powell from Clemson. He will need a year to develop but he will be a beast. Good news is, he is a punt returner too... so a way to get on the field this year.

Yeah I just noticed your sig buddy. That's not going to fly.

We gotta keep it at least somewhat family friendly on here.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 02:17 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You were confident Marshall would be available before the medical concerns came out though. Which I maintain would not have been the case. Not after that pro day.

Neither here nor there. He was available.

You didn't want him in the 2nd due to medical, yet you're now pimping Carman, who has medical.

Jerry
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 02:18 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah I just noticed your sig buddy. That's not going to fly.

We gotta keep it at least somewhat family friendly on here.

I'll find a new PG version for you. Smirk

Reply/Quote