Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Jackson Carmen hahahahaha
(04-30-2021, 09:45 PM)TJ528 Wrote: Nate, I'm willing to give the kid a chance but I'm just skeptical of the pick.  I guess by the end of 2021 we'll know how good the pick was. Was it a Drew Sample pick or Higgins pick.

Absolutely silly to have an end all be all for this pick in just one season. What does the future hold for other things? I'm not sure of this pick myself, but it's laughable to suggest he is what he is in under 3 years.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:54 PM)kevin Wrote: You and some others don't get it.  Bengals traded back a few spots and DID take an O Lineman in Round 2.  Plus they added 2 fourth round picks so now 3 picks in round 4.   That is how you work the draft.  That is how 49ers use to draft to build their Super Bowl dynasty, trade back a little for more picks..  So Bengals added LSU Burrow to Chase combo, drafted an O Lineman in round 2, and added 2 more picks in round 4.   I love it. 

Let then Church say AMEN!

Take Wyatt Davis and I'll be EXTREMELY HAPPY.
Reply/Quote
Lord save me from google scouts.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:20 PM)TheFan Wrote: I love how people who have maybe seen this kid played 3 or 4 games (and probably never actually watched him during those games) know that he's trash and the worst pick ever.

Yet the other players they only saw play 2-3 are going to be HOF.

Right? It’s amazing how many OL experts we have on this board. Personally I think there’s probably only about a handful of guys here that actually know what they’re talking about when it comes to OL play (and I don’t claim to be one of them), but hey...

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 10:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Right? It’s amazing how many OL experts we have on this board. Personally I think there’s probably only about a handful of guys here that actually know what they’re talking about when it comes to OL play (and I don’t claim to be one of them), but hey...

I am sure he is a fine prospect but there should be concern about his back surgery, the last time we drafted a tackle with a back injury history was Cedric Ogbuehi and we all know how that turned out.
Reply/Quote
He didn’t even workout at Clemson’s Pro Day! Many teams took him off their board. Actually had back surgery, which was a red flag. UPDATED
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 10:48 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: He didn’t even workout at Clemson’s Pro Day! Many teams took him off their board. He wasn’t injured and had no reason NOT to work out. HUGE RED FLAG.

He had back surgery he was injured.
Reply/Quote
The bottom line is this:

Jackson Carmen is a Bengal now, and as fans of the Bengals we are best served to rally around him and hope the best for him. Dude was the OT for the best QB in football and we drafted him to be a G because he's such a massive man and can move. Welcome to the Jungle Jackson. Hope he has a HOF career for my Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 10:02 PM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: I can't think of any positive about drafting him other than he is an offensive lineman.  He looks more like a 5th round prospect to me.

I had him as a late 2nd, early 3rd guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Very disappointed with the trade back.At 38 they had their choice of the best.J Carman??? I was afraid this might happen.This guy would have been there in round 4.Last year it was Sample in round 2.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:37 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Very disappointed with the trade back.At 38 they had their choice of the best.J Carman??? I was afraid this might happen.This guy would have been there in round 4.Last year it was Sample in round 2.

Last year we took Tee in the 2nd. And I maintain that Sample is a bad comparison. I do not think Carman went several rounds too early.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 10:30 PM)DrunkHuddles Wrote: Absolutely silly to have an end all be all for this pick in just one season. What does the future hold for other things? I'm not sure of this pick myself, but it's laughable to suggest he is what he is in under 3 years.

Yeah, we really can't judge any rookie too much. They all struggle, I bet Sewell struggles.

Cool name BTW lol
Reply/Quote
Just give him a chance. Maybe he will turn out to be very good. Is all you can do.
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 10:48 PM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: I am sure he is a fine prospect but there should be concern about his back surgery, the last time we drafted a tackle with a back injury history was Cedric Ogbuehi and we all know how that turned out.

Ogbuehi was trash not because of injury history. And it was his knee, not his back.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 12:34 AM)mas_fuerte Wrote: Ogbuehi was trash not because of injury history. And it was his knee, not his back.

Yeah, honestly can't trust anything Atomic Blaze is saying right now.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 12:35 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, honestly can't trust anything Atomic Blaze is saying right now.

Might want to do some research bro.  He had the exact same back surgery.  I bet that is why he was so soft.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 12:38 AM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: Might want to do some research bro.  He had the exact same back surgery.  I bet that is why he was so soft.

It was a knee injury which is why he sat out most of his rookie season. He was soft cause he is a marshmallow.

Nothing like Jackson Carman who is a bully who likes to beat people up. Carman is a road grader.

BTW, this thread should have the same name as the player. People keep calling him Carmen, degrading and stupid.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 12:38 AM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: Might want to do some research bro.  He had the exact same back surgery.  I bet that is why he was so soft.

Eh, Carman has been playing the best teams in the country at Clemson the last couple years (at least in the playoffs). And he was protecting Trevor Lawrence. Ogbuehi was hanging out at Texas A&M with Johnny Fartball running around...

Reply/Quote
I don't mind the guy but the thing that bugs me is that we're totally oblivious to outside forces. Nobody walks into McDonald's to pay $100 for a burger, even if they think it's worth it. You need to be aware of market prices. It's negligent to make these decisions in a vacuum. Since the Bengals are at the mercy of the draft by default, it's especially important for them to maintain some perspective. Now the guy's gonna come in and be swimming upstream from day one. Nobody wins like this.

Anyway, Ossai's a good pick. Glad we got him. And we don't have to worry about Chase, so 2/3 ain't bad.
Reply/Quote
I think he was a mid 3rd round graded player that we took in the mid 2nd.

But then in the early 3rd round we took a guy who was projected to go in the mid 2nd round.

So, eh. I'm fine with the draft so far. Plus the trade was really good value. Honestly, I'm most disappointed that we didn't use our 3 4th round picks to get back into the 3rd round. That felt like a missed opportunity.
Reply/Quote