Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Jackson Carmen hahahahaha
(04-30-2021, 09:33 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Good pick. The bonus picks are going to be good to us too

How was it a good pick it was ********, even if he was worth drafting in that spot he just came off back surgery.
Reply/Quote
https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/jackson-carman?position=OL

Carman is in the 5th percentile for arm length for an OT prospect; 18th percentile for an offensive lineman. 

He didn't have a workout I guess? Down to 317 lbs from 345 at some point. Not sure what to make of him yet. 
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:35 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/jackson-carman?position=OL

Carman is in the 5th percentile for arm length for an OT prospect; 18th percentile for an offensive lineman. 

He didn't have a workout I guess? Down to 317 lbs from 345 at some point. Not sure what to make of him yet. 

Hes not going to play tackle - i hope 
Reply/Quote
No idea if he will be garbage or an All Pro, but the first time he misses an assignment, I expect a lot of "Where is Carmen ?" jokes.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:26 PM)TJ528 Wrote: Nate, come on. I had no problem with the team taking a OL in the 2nd round but come on Carmen is a 3rd draft pick we reached for.   Carmen was a 5 star recruit but never lived up to his potentially IMO

You evidently haven't watched Jackson Carman and what he is good at. Sure I had a 3rd round grade on him but I would of taken 
him at 38 for our interior OL. Watch this guy opening up gaping holes for Mixon in the run game. I liked Carman as much as Meinerz
cause he has shown great blocking against top notch guys including Chase Young.

Pollack loves him and knows his shit.
Reply/Quote
I calmed down a bit then thought about it and got bent out of shape all over again. We had a 1st round offensive tackle fall to us in the 2nd but instead we traded down to take a 4th rounder. This is very frustrating.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:34 PM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: How was it a good pick it was ********, even if he was worth drafting in that spot he just came off back surgery.

And they were comfortable with where he is in his recovery.

I’ve watched him pay enough. Only gave up 6 sacks total in college, has some speed to get to the 2nd level and block people out of the play. This was a good selection.
Reply/Quote
Has the feel of the Drew Sample trade down where the guy they wanted was off the board.

I like the return of the trade.

I hope I'm wrong on Carman, and I'll be rooting for him, but I don't think he's going to amount to much. I'll happily eat crow if he does well.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You evidently haven't watched Jackson Carman and what he is good at. Sure I had a 3rd round grade on him but I would of taken 
him at 38 for our interior OL. Watch this guy opening up gaping holes for Mixon in the run game. I liked Carman as much as Meinerz

Nate, I'm willing to give the kid a chance but I'm just skeptical of the pick.  I guess by the end of 2021 we'll know how good the pick was. Was it a Drew Sample pick or Higgins pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:44 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Has the feel of the Drew Sample trade down where the guy they wanted was off the board.

I like the return of the trade.

I hope I'm wrong on Carman, and I'll be rooting for him, but I don't think he's going to amount to much. I'll happily eat crow if he does well.

Exactly how I feel he ain’t gonna be shit but hope I’m wrong
Reply/Quote
Well Chase will be getting the ball thrown to him by a hack backup QB while Burrow is rehabbing his other knee.
Reply/Quote
So much for all of the great offensive lineman in this draft way to go Bengals. I knew they would screw it up.
Reply/Quote
Tiger
& Terrence Marshall is still on the board.
This isn't a good draft folks..... Trade don't care.
Thats why you get Sewell first. Bad Bad Bad
Hes Cedric O
Reply/Quote
Message board post from one of the insiders on another board I frequent:

"DM from a scout about the Carman pick: Buddy if you know what we know, I don’t think they did their homework."
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:46 PM)GodFather Wrote: Well Chase will be getting the ball thrown to him by a hack backup QB while Burrow is rehabbing his other knee.

Exactly.  The Bengals tried to get cute with the trade down and got burned because of it.  All the decent OT's were swallowed up in front of them.  Mike Brown picked both John Ross and Chase.  He never valued the OL much before and still doesn't to this day.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You evidently haven't watched Jackson Carman and what he is good at. Sure I had a 3rd round grade on him but I would of taken 

Had this been a Mike Brown pick, I'd be pissed because it would make no sense, but our coaches had to have had this scenario in their heads and they know more than us, especially Frank.

We also got more picks and there's going to be a run on tackles and we'd miss out if we waited longer.

Nice pick ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:14 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Poor burrow

You and some others don't get it.  Bengals traded back a few spots and DID take an O Lineman in Round 2.  Plus they added 2 fourth round picks so now 3 picks in round 4.   That is how you work the draft.  That is how 49ers use to draft to build their Super Bowl dynasty, trade back a little for more picks..  So Bengals added LSU Burrow to Chase combo, drafted an O Lineman in round 2, and added 2 more picks in round 4.   I love it. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The gamble backfired. THIS is why you don't pass on the generational talent in Sewell.

A tough pill to swallow, but at least he wasn't picked at 38.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:22 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: I'm not saying that but I am concerned we went with the guy who needs to work on the pass protection aspect of his game, at least according to PFF.

Edit: This tweet from the other thread has him as a 3rd or 4th rounder with lots of guys ahead of him. It just doesn't feel like a good value. 

[Image: E0Mc5WIWUAInrCT?format=png&name=small]

Yikes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:49 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Message board post from one of the insiders on another board I frequent:

"DM from a scout about the Carman pick: Buddy if you know what we know, I don’t think they did their homework."

Cool story.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote