Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jacques Patrick
Competing for a RB spot.We may have found a diamond in the rough reports are he is lighting up training camp
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 01:42 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Competing for a RB spot.We may have found a diamond in the rough reports are he is lighting up training camp

Sounds good. Only concern is this run D has been historically bad the past few seasons... could just be they are still terribad.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 01:42 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Competing for a RB spot.We may have found a diamond in the rough reports are he is lighting up training camp

Loved the pickup, dude is like a train when he runs people over. Reminds me of the Boogie Man a little bit.

(08-22-2020, 02:08 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Sounds good. Only concern is this run D has been historically bad the past few seasons... could just be they are still terribad.

Not with Reader and the new additions, it is just scrimmages. Not concerned until I see it on Sundays.

We do need to add another run stopper like Peko though.
Reply/Quote
Wouldn't be the first time a guy lit up TC and then never even stepped foot on the field in a regular season game. Unfortunate for him that he doesn't get a chance to at least show himself in a preseason game.

There is a spot available now that Anderson is gone. He needs to make his bones on ST's.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I think it might be a savy move to have Patrick
On the roster come game day. Think about it the LBS
these days are smaller faster but not necessarily built to stop RBs
That are like trains coming downhill.
LBs that can cover TES and shiftier backs are now the new flavor
Why not use a bruising RB add a attitude and physicality
To the running game
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 05:20 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I think it might be a savy move to have Patrick
To the running game

Cool
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 05:20 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I think it might be a savy move to have Patrick
To the running game

Not saying he won't help team if injuries but as 3/4  back he might get 15 Carrie's all year so he needs to be able to contribute on STs
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 05:34 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Not saying he won't help team if injuries but as 3/4  back he might get 15 Carrie's all year so he needs to be able to contribute on STs

And be a our short yardage/goal line Back hopefully scoring a lot of TD's and picking up 3rd and 4th and shorts consistently.

Of course he will have to contribute on ST's, that goes without saying.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 02:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Reminds me of the Boogie Man a little bit.

Who's that?
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 06:18 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Who's that?

https://youtu.be/rWjMRRy00dg

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 06:18 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Who's that?

Cedric Benson RIP.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 06:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: https://youtu.be/rWjMRRy00dg

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 06:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cedric Benson RIP.

Boogie man is my top 3 RBs for the Bengals all time. He had a 3 year window where he just dominated and ran hard and trucked like no other. He destroyed that ***** Troy Paulomaulu. 2 games I will never forget is the revenge game against the bears and the Jets playoff game. He single handley kept us in that game and Scummy Palmer shit it away...
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 06:29 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Hilarious

Boogie man from the WWE would have been funnier...
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 06:31 PM)Tony Wrote: Boogie man is my top 3 RBs for the Bengals all time. He had a 3 year window where he just dominated and ran hard and trucked like no other. He destroyed that ***** Troy Paulomaulu. 2 games I will never forget is the revenge game against the bears and the Jets playoff game. He single handley kept us in that game and Scummy Palmer shit it away...

When he trucked Polamalu that was epic. Left him stumbling off the field like a *****. Was awesome.

When the Boogie Man was back there teams just didn't like defending us, they knew we were going to hit you in the mouth.

Want to get back to this style of play similar to what Henry and the Titans did last year.

With Mixon and Patrick we could do this. Then have our change of pace backs in Gio and Traveon.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 05:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: And be a our short yardage/goal line Back hopefully scoring a lot of TD's and picking up 3rd and 4th and shorts consistently.

I dont see him taking away from Mixon, if u are head coach who you having in 3rd and short and goal line?
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 08:00 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I dont see him taking away from Mixon, if u are head coach who you having in 3rd and short and goal line?

I like both but Mixon will need a breather now and then and Patrick is even more physical than Mixon in short yardage IMO.
Reply/Quote
I didn't realize how big that dude is. He's a monster! A 6'3" 231 RB? Holy $&@#!!!!
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 05:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: And be a our short yardage/goal line Back hopefully scoring a lot of TD's and picking up 3rd and 4th and shorts consistently.

I'll bet he can lay some mean blocks on 'teams.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 08:15 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I didn't realize how big that dude is. He's a monster! A 6'3" 231 RB? Holy $&@#!!!!

That’s almost Derrick Henry size.

Reply/Quote