Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.8 Average
Jake Browning appreciation thread
(12-25-2023, 03:11 AM)casear2727 Wrote: This doesnt really make sense.  The exact same roster minus a couple of safeties won the AFCN the last 2 years.  Any team that can beat the Chiefs and the Bills should also be able to beat the AFCN teams.  

The Steelers were destroyed by the Texans, not even close to an AFCN team.  The Jaguars are not an AFCN type team either.  Are the Cardinals an AFCN team?

The Colts beat the Ravens and the Steelers, and the Browns if not for 2 horrendous calls at the end of the game.

The Browns are in salary cap hell (-14M), Watson is not a good QB, the Steelers have no QB, the Ravens are a very solid team but with many key free agents after this season.

We are not very good without Burrow, some wrongly believed Jake was special, he is not.  A healthy Joe makes a huge difference, if we can shore up RT and NT we should be fine next season and battling the Ravens for the top spot again.

It's getting to be like Facebook up in this ***** anymore. LOL

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 03:09 PM)jj22 Wrote: 0-5 should tell you enough. Welcome back.

....and context should tell you more JJ. Cincinnati is unapologetically built around Joe Burrow. The whole team, system, offense, PR, ***** ALL of it. He didn't play healthy against any AFCN teams, he didn't play at all against Shitsburgh. 

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 06:41 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: ....and context should tell you more JJ. Cincinnati is unapologetically built around Joe Burrow. The whole team, system, offense, PR, ***** ALL of it. He didn't play healthy against any AFCN teams, he didn't play at all against Shitsburgh. 

And the one game against the north he did play healthy in he was playing well. He had a passer rating over 100 when he went down against Baltimore.

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 03:02 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Lol, you guys tell us how he Steelers, Browns and Ravens have changed since last year.

Bengals won the North the last 2 years.

Watt Highsmith, Hayward have been on the Steelers as have Najee Harris, if anythiing the Steelers have tried to pass the ball more. Their offense has been horrendous. But thier PASSING game killed us. So it is NOT the Steelers who became tougher.

The Browns have had the same oline, RB, TE and receiver. Their defense added Smith and Tomlinson, picked up a safety, but Garrett, Newsome and Ward are still their best players, always been there. Browns have tried to throw the ball more this year as well with Watson. Flacco is averaging over 300 passing yards - not smash mouth football.

The Ravens offense is the same as last year except they added 2 WIDE RECEIVERS (that's smash mouth football right?). Their defense is the same from last year.

Comical takes, but not surprised. We didnt have a healthy Burrow for almost the entire season, Zac's play calling has always been an issue of disagreement. But the players on this team WON the North the past 2 seasons, none of the 4 AFCN teams changed that much.

So you tell us how the Steelers, Ravens and Browns built themselves this year to beat us.

Sounds like brown fans bringing up their 1960 NFL championship. That was last year. We didn’t adjust after getting humiliated by the Browns last year. The Bengals were to complacent. Yes, what have you done for me lately. It’s 2023 not 2022.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 06:49 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Sounds like brown fans bringing up their 1960 NFL championship.  That was last year.  We didn’t adjust after getting humiliated by the Browns last year.  The Bengals were to complacent.  Yes, what have you done for me lately.  It’s 2023 not 2022.

So lets discuss just how unintelligent this is.  

"We didn’t adjust after getting humiliated by the Browns last year."  We didnt adjust... we simply beat the Browns 5 weeks later 23-10 without Tee, Boyd, and Hurst.  

The extremely below average analysis by some fans could not be more evident. 

Reply/Quote
In Jake Browning we trust... would be something to beat the Chiefs and Browns to make the playoffs.

Flip side we really could use a higher draft pick. I'm good with either scenario.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 06:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And the one game against the north he did play healthy in he was playing well. He had a passer rating over 100 when he went down against Baltimore.

That’s an excellent point; didn’t his final touchdown pass of 2023 to Joe Mixon put the Bengals at least temporarily in the lead?
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 06:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And the one game against the north he did play healthy in he was playing well. He had a passer rating over 100 when he went down against Baltimore.

Yessir! He didn't play too bad at 60-75% against Baltimore the first time! Had a shot to win that one.

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 08:30 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That’s an excellent point; didn’t his final touchdown pass of 2023 to Joe Mixon put the Bengals at least temporarily in the lead?

Yes. 

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 08:19 PM)QueenCity Wrote: In Jake Browning we trust... would be something to beat the Chiefs and Browns to make the playoffs.

Flip side we really could use a higher draft pick.  I'm good with either scenario.

KC is beginning to show some cracks. This weekend gives me pause because of the way the defense played, but we have a puncher's chance. Jake just needs to settle back in and play his game. I chalk Shitsburgh up to a backup QB having a backup day. We'll see this coming weekend if he can put it behind him.

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 11:26 PM)Wyche Wrote: KC is beginning to show some cracks. This weekend gives me pause because of the way the defense played, but we have a puncher's chance. Jake just needs to settle back in and play his game. I chalk Shitsburgh up to a backup QB having a backup day. We'll see this coming weekend if he can put it behind him.

Honestly it's really starting to feel like the NFL has achieved ultimate parity. Even among back up QB's some weeks.

It's the defense that is really letting the Bengals down.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Cincinnati being built around Burrow is the one thing that has to change.

0-6 in the AFCN is going to be a tough spin this offseason. Regardless of circumstances. Circumstances all the teams faced outside of Baltimore. We’ll see about week 18.

At worse we have the worse coaching staff of all the other teams whose staff have found ways to win in the North with their backup backups….

I’m not impressed they couldn’t squeeze out a win in the North with this supposedly talented roster. We’ll just have to disagree.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 11:57 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Honestly it's really starting to feel like the NFL has achieved ultimate parity. Even among back up QB's some weeks.

It's the defense that is really letting the Bengals down.

I feel that way too. Just look at the records across the league. Aside from a few really shitty teams, it's neck and neck. Even the division leaders are within striking distance. Any given Sunday has taken on a whole new meaning. It's pretty entertaining honestly.

I totally agree about the defense this year. 

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2023, 01:51 AM)jj22 Wrote: Cincinnati being built around Burrow is the one thing that has to change.

0-6 in the AFCN is going to be a tough spin this offseason. Regardless of circumstances. Circumstances all the teams faced outside of Baltimore. We’ll see about week 18.

At worse we have the worse coaching staff of all the other teams whose staff have found ways to win in the North with their backup backups….

I’m not impressed they couldn’t squeeze out a win in the North with this supposedly talented roster. We’ll just have to disagree.

The defense has struggled, no question. With Burrow playing ($275 million QB, so this really shouldn't be shocking), we spank Shitsburgh most likely, I believe we beat Baltimore on TNF because Joe was cooking, and have a legit shot at the Brownies the last game. In case you haven't noticed, the whole division is above 500. No one in the league is beating any of them consistently. 

For years the Stoolers were built to play classic AFCN football. What did it get them? It got them their asses spanked in the playoffs. It got Marvin beat. At some point, you have to move past this archaic, outdated philosophy and compete with the rest of the league. The last two playoff runs proves Cincinnati has done just that. 

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 07:57 PM)casear2727 Wrote: So lets discuss just how unintelligent this is.  

"We didn’t adjust after getting humiliated by the Browns last year."  We didnt adjust... we simply beat the Browns 5 weeks later 23-10 without Tee, Boyd, and Hurst.  

If you remember, the Browns were hurt and all the starters didn’t play at the end and of the season. The point was the Browns elevated the talent and this so called an analysis of how dominate the Bengals were last year is very lazy. The Browns handed our asses to us WITH Burrow behind center earlier in the season.

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 07:57 PM)casear2727 Wrote: So lets discuss just how unintelligent this is.  

You are so annoying and condescending.

Reply/Quote
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQK-6hWMdj0Ep-supDy7cW...g&usqp=CAU]

Reply/Quote
Is it too soon to remind people how bad this team is without a healthy Burrow?
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:50 PM)Destro Wrote: Is it too soon to remind people how bad this team is without a healthy Burrow?

He’s worth every penny.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:50 PM)Destro Wrote: Is it too soon to remind people how bad this team is without a healthy Burrow?

We got really damn lucky we beat the Jags, Colts and Vikings honestly. We 10000% need to resign Reader too. Our run defense is pathetic without him 
Reply/Quote