Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.8 Average
Jake Browning appreciation thread
(12-31-2023, 09:50 PM)Destro Wrote: Is it too soon to remind people how bad this team is without a healthy Burrow?

With Burrow injury prone we’ll be reminded enough in the coming years. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Browning showed he ca. Play in this league, every team he played might make playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:56 PM)jj22 Wrote: With Burrow injury prone we’ll be reminded enough in the coming years. 

I hope he stops getting injured.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s worth every penny.

I'm in MD. Heard all the talking heads crying about Lamar Jackson when he got his huge contract, and how it was going to keep the Ravens from winning, they wouldn't be able to afford talent, etc., etc. Not a lot of that talk going on anymore. Would have been nice to get an O-line/coach/scheme to protect your investment. Bengals bought a Lamborghini and park it out on the street. 
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 10:05 PM)Destro Wrote: I'm in MD. Heard all the talking heads crying about Lamar Jackson when he got his huge contract, and how it was going to keep the Ravens from winning, they wouldn't be able to afford talent, etc., etc. Not a lot of that talk going on anymore. Would have been nice to get an O-line/coach/scheme to protect your investment. Bengals bought a Lamborghini and park it out on the street. 

A halfway decent running game would go a long way to doing that. But then Zac couldn’t have Burrow sling it 40+ times a game.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:54 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: We got really damn lucky we beat the Jags, Colts and Vikings honestly. We 10000% need to resign Reader too. Our run defense is pathetic without him 

It wasn't very good with him either..giving up 140 or more yards 7 times and 4.6 ypc. 

They're going to have a lot of tough decisions to make and DJ will be one of them.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 10:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: A halfway decent running game would go a long way to doing that. But then Zac couldn’t have Burrow sling it 40+ times a game.

Smart enough to know that he gets accolades for a passing game, not a running game. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 10:00 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I hope he stops getting injured.

We all do. We’ll still be holding our breath every time he gets hit. It’ll be awhile before that worry will go away. That sucks. 

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 10:05 PM)Destro Wrote: I'm in MD. Heard all the talking heads crying about Lamar Jackson when he got his huge contract, and how it was going to keep the Ravens from winning, they wouldn't be able to afford talent, etc., etc. Not a lot of that talk going on anymore. Would have been nice to get an O-line/coach/scheme to protect your investment. Bengals bought a Lamborghini and park it out on the street. 

You do understand Lamar signed his contract in 2023 , your post not logical in Timeline besides Lamar has been top QB with Mahomes in league in winning when healthy last 5 years
Reply/Quote
Anyone who has anything less than effusive praise for this guy is certifiable.

Probably the only bright spot in an otherwise abysmal season.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote

Lol, I like that analogy. Not just any street either, the AFC North is like seeking out some of the worst neighborhoods to park that Lamborghini in.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 10:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: A halfway decent running game would go a long way to doing that. But then Zac couldn’t have Burrow sling it 40+ times a game.

I'm one of those that thinks investing more in the run game than passing is more important for the long term, even with a heathy Burrow. By investing I mean oline upgrades, better run scheme/playcalls, and get another running back to pair with Chase Brown.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Folks slamming Browning were just worried he’d look better than Burrow. Which was never a true thing. The only “thing” coming out of the Browmkmg love was the hopes of getting a high draft pick out of him. That was the dream scenario.

People were mistake about the motive of those pumping up Browning. Browning did his job and likely added a decade to his career as a backup. Nobody can / should  be mad at that for him.

Any hate towards him is misguided by posters defense of Burrow. 

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 10:26 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Anyone who has anything less than effusive praise for this guy is certifiable.

Probably the only bright spot in an otherwise abysmal season.

x2!!

Nailed it.

If we had an even remotely acceptable defense, I will go as far as to say Jake and these Bengals may have made some noise in the playoffs.

Grateful for Jake’s contribution
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 10:32 PM)jj22 Wrote: Folks slamming Browning were just worried he’d look better than Burrow. Which was never a true thing. The only “thing” coming out of the Browmkmg love was the hopes of getting a high draft pick out of him. That was the dream scenario.

People were mistake about the motive of those pumping up Browning. Browning did his job and likely added a decade to his career as a backup. Nobody can / should  be mad at that for him.

Well barring Burrow not being able to return to his previous self because of injury, Jake Browning definitely isn't better than or replacing Burrow. He is no doubt a solid backup QB though. Probably even better than some other teams starting QB's at the moment. 

To be honest, I haven't seen any real hate towards him. I've seen plenty of criticism like his reads can be slow, and he takes too many sacks, but I think those comments can be justified. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 10:40 PM)Whacked Wrote: x2!!

Nailed it.

If we had an even remotely acceptable defense, I will go as far as to say Jake and these Bengals may have made some noise in the playoffs.

Grateful for Jake’s contribution

X3
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 10:32 PM)jj22 Wrote: Folks slamming Browning were just worried he’d look better than Burrow. Which was never a true thing. The only “thing” coming out of the Browmkmg love was the hopes of getting a high draft pick out of him. That was the dream scenario.

I assure you no one was worried about that. LOL

Guys that actually watch film tried to point out some of the deficiencies in Browning’s game, but it fell on deaf ears for the most part.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 10:24 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: You do understand Lamar signed his contract in 2023 , your post not logical in Timeline besides Lamar has been top QB with Mahomes in league in winning when healthy last 5 years

What are you going on about. This was news where I am. That is what happened when he signed. Yes, and people said it when he signed his contract and today they are the #1 seed in the AFC and he is the clear cut favorite to win the MVP. I would say they did just fine signing him to the contract.
Reply/Quote
Props to Browning on the things he did well, especially with the lack of experience.

I just don't think he has the ability to progress through reads fast enough. In his defense, however, the line didn't do him many favors.

Macaroni processes faster, knows when to get rid of the ball, and I believe would have gotten us into the playoffs.

Regardless, both are great value for their salary and are good backups.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 10:48 PM)Destro Wrote: What are you going on about. This was news where I am. That is what happened when he signed. Yes, and people said it when he signed his contract and today they are the #1 seed in the AFC and he is the clear cut favorite to win the MVP. I would say they did just fine signing him to the contract.

You post made no sense, his contract has little impact on this season.. you acted like it did...I've not underestimated Lamar, he has been tough healthy so playoffs he is 0-2
Reply/Quote