Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.8 Average
Jake Browning appreciation thread
(12-15-2023, 08:52 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: That’s like saying it was a disservice to tag Bates because we were keeping him from getting a long term huge deal. The team will do what’s best for the team, and having a legit back up, even for one year is what’s best for them, unless they get something astronomical. Maybe that’s a 2nd, but I’m not sure.

I can't see what Browning will do for the next four games, but if he plays as well as he has, I predict that the Bengals will put a 3rd round tender on him. I know that will seem high to some, but the cost would work and if a team matches they get the draft pick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2023, 08:54 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: We all know he’s not going to start over Burrow, but having a legit backup is vital with Burrows inability to stay 100% healthy (not saying it’s his fault, it’s just the reality). They aren’t going to let Browning go without compensation whether it’s fair or unfair. Teams will always do what they think is best for them.

Yes, as always you make complete sense Rubekahn. We will see how Browning plays the rest of the season and if it gets us into
the Playoffs. It wouldn't of been easy with Burrow, but the way the Offense has been playing lately I am not betting against what
I am seeing, not at all. I just like this QB playing under Center right now, so unpredictable and made me see that Zac isn't just 
carried by Joe Burrow.
Reply/Quote
This dude is clutch. What an amazing throw that was to Boyd to put them in position to win
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick or a piano falling on you from the top of the Empire State Building..  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Jake has been nothing short of incredible the last 3 games.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Zac's holding him back
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 06:52 PM)Trademark Wrote: This dude is clutch. What an amazing throw that was to Boyd to put them in position to win

That was nuts

He threw some dimes to Tee today too
*Some were dropped
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 06:52 PM)Trademark Wrote: This dude is clutch. What an amazing throw that was to Boyd to put them in position to win

And each of the three 4th quarter TDs were essential, and against a stellar defense (the NFL's stingiest defense since week 6, I believe the announcers said). The pressure of the entire season on the line. 
Reply/Quote
He’s def outplayed Burrow this year. Making it look like the monster contract to Joe should’ve been used on extensions and a big FA signing or two.
Reply/Quote
How long till the morons here start thinking we can trade browning for a 1st round pick
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 07:07 PM)Nepa Wrote: And each of the three 4th quarter TDs were essential, and against a stellar defense (the NFL's stingiest defense since week 6, I believe the announcers said). The pressure of the entire season on the line. 

Jake has heart it's crazy how he never gives up
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
I gotta say something about the 3rd and 21 completion.... The stones on that guy to throw for the first down. Most everyone is checking down to get back in field goal position. Jake was like "nah we're gonna get 7 on this drive."
Reply/Quote
Yes and it is shocking to see in GD thread folks talking about AJ McCarron! Browning is a terrific back up and will be a starter somewhere soon.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Copied from the game ball thread, Jake had a good quote post presser today!

He said he screamed at a camera post game and said "they never shoulda cut me!". He mentioned the Vikings told him to go wait in the hotel and they'll tell him if he made the practice squad or not, and after a while someone texted him and said he didn't. Whoops lol
Reply/Quote
If I’m a team like Pittsburg how do you not kick the tires on a Browning trade while you wait to draft you next franchise QB?
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 07:16 PM)bonesaw Wrote: I gotta say something about the 3rd and 21 completion.... The stones on that guy to throw for the first down. Most everyone is checking down to get back in field goal position. Jake was like "nah we're gonna get 7 on this drive."

On a lot of those 3rd and longs the Vikings had all their defense in that checkdown range so that’s why there were openings

I think they thought Jake would
Crack

The smart play there if you are playing Burrow is to have everyone deep and come down to make the tackle

I think they underestimated Browning
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 07:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Zac's holding him back

System QB
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 07:02 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Jake has been nothing short of incredible the last 3 games.

Yeah, he's alright.... Ninja
Reply/Quote
If I’m a team that gets a top 5 pick and i don’t have my franchise QB yet id trade maybe a 5th or 6th for Jake.

If we’re gonna suck we might as well suck with a good QB
-Housh
Reply/Quote