Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jake Dolegala has made the 53
According to a report, Dolegala has made the 53 and the Bengals have just cut Cody Core...

Interesting to keep 3 QBs...

https://twitter.com/ByTimGraham/status/1167823996588560385?s=20
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 12:42 PM)milksheikh Wrote: According to a report, Dolegala has made the 53 and the Bengals have just cut Cody Core...

From what he did in preseason, this is good move...and looking at the future of QB position MINUS red.
Reply/Quote
Rock on!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He earned it

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 12:42 PM)milksheikh Wrote: According to a report, Dolegala has made the 53 and the Bengals have just cut Cody Core...

He likely wouldn't have made it through waivers to make the practice squad

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I thought this might happen. I know a lot of people thought they'd be able to stash him on the practice squad, but I have no issue giving him a spot on the roster.
Reply/Quote
Probably so a team like Colts can't claim him. Also XFL is seriously looking at qb talent
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 01:17 PM)pally Wrote: He likely wouldn't have made it through waivers to make the practice squad

Probably not. Hell, we just saw what Indy has behind Brissett...

Reply/Quote
Thank God
Reply/Quote
Now that we have 3 QBs on the roster it is time to start with the wild rumors that Dalton is on the trading block.
Reply/Quote
Hell, yeah!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Honestly I haven't understood all the love this Dolegala guy has got.

Guess he did alright that last game but couldn't finish cause of bad O-line play.

He has a big arm is this where the love comes from?
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 02:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Honestly I haven't understood all the love this Dolegala guy has got.

Guess he did alright that last game but couldn't finish cause of bad O-line play.

He has potential and he at least seems to have the right QB demeanor. That alone, from an UFA is pretty good for first year
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Reading the tea leaves, Dalton is gone next year and maybe even this year if a starting QB goes down

Looks like Ryan Finley and Jake D as our 2 QBs going into next season

With all the $$$ they save at QB now they better invest in the O-Line!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
At the risk of jumping the gun:

2019: Dalton
2020: Finley vs Dolegala
2021: Finley/Dolegala or draft pick
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Most important position in sports. No brainer to me. No point risking losing him just to keep a 6th or 7th WR. Even if he doesn't see the field it’s a smart move for the future of the franchise.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 02:50 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: He has potential and he at least seems to have the right QB demeanor. That alone, from an UFA is pretty good for first year

Agree with that. I just thought it was another backup QB that people always fall for like Lefeavor fever or somethin'.

Guess I was wrong as the coaches clearly like the guy.

I liked what I saw of Finley the most though, love the pocket presence he has, rare.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 03:07 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Most important position in sports. No brainer to me. No point risking losing him just to keep a 6th or 7th WR. Even if he doesn't see the field it’s a smart move for the future of the franchise.
Exactly....and maybe some day we wont have to worry about batted down balls from our QB.....(the dude is 6-7)) not to mention he can throw it deep with out any issue,  and seems to have a feel for the position.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 03:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agree with that. I just thought it was another backup QB that people always fall for like Lefeavor fever or somethin'.

Guess I was wrong as the coaches clearly like the guy.

I liked what I saw of Finley the most though, love the pocket presence he has, rare.

Finley is more pro-ready now, but Dolegala has stronger upside with his size and arm strength.  Another season or two with this coaching staff and I'm curious to see what he's got.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 02:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Honestly I haven't understood all the love this Dolegala guy has got.

He looks good considering he got very limited practice reps.  A big thing with backup QB's is they basically have to come in with limited preparation and produce.  He also has plus physical traits to develop with his size and arm strength.  Obviously, there's a slim chance he's the next Kurt Warner or Tony Romo, but he's shown enough positives to develop him and see if he can reach that level.
Reply/Quote