Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jake Fisher changes number and position
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/31/bengals-rookie-gets-new-number-new-role/

This could be interesting...
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Jake Fisher.....lead blocking, catching passes and kicking asses.

I love it.
Reply/Quote
Let's see the big boy block, that should get Hill some yards.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'm guessing a big part of this is because the running game has been stagnant.  Still think they should Cedric in at LT and move whitworth to guard. When he played OG last year it really improved the running game. They should put it to the test in Baltimore if it opens up the running game it could be a big plus going into the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
I'm looking forward to seeing how this pans out. Hopefully it helps the running game.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 03:24 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Let's see the big boy block, that should get Hill some yards.

Yes, this should help our running game!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 03:40 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Yes, this should help our running game!

This is exciting!!! I hope we get the running game going in time for the playoffs!! It is a must!!
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 03:25 PM)lostwou Wrote: I'm guessing a big part of this is because the running game has been stagnant.  Still think they should Cedric in at LT and move whitworth to guard. When he played OG last year it really improved the running game. They should put it to the test in Baltimore if it opens up the running game it could be a big plus going into the playoffs.

Nah lets leave the probowler in his spot.
Reply/Quote
I am wondering if we will see him going down the middle in the endzone instead of the back of the endzone to catch some type of Eifert Catch!
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 03:11 PM)Beaker Wrote: Jake Fisher.....lead blocking, catching passes and kicking asses.

I love it.

Nicely done!! LOL!!!...
Reply/Quote
10 bucks says he ends the season with a higher yards per rush average than Jeremy Hill.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 04:03 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: 10 bucks says he ends the season with a higher yards per rush average than Jeremy Hill.

So your expecting 1 rush for at least 4 yards?
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 03:25 PM)lostwou Wrote: I'm guessing a big part of this is because the running game has been stagnant.  Still think they should Cedric in at LT and move whitworth to guard. When he played OG last year it really improved the running game. They should put it to the test in Baltimore if it opens up the running game it could be a big plus going into the playoffs.

The one who needs help is Andre Smith.  They should rotate him with Ogbuehi.
Reply/Quote
Shrugs. Bad news concerning Hewitt? Hue still living off of that 31 yard reception, and hasn't been able to take advantage of Fishers "athleticism" since. I was hoping the passes to him in the endzone would be removed from the playbook by now.

Keep him at tackle and blocking TE. I think they do too much with him as is.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 04:23 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: The one who needs help is Andre Smith.  They should rotate him with Ogbuehi.

Not saying whit needs help. Just saying he run blocks much better from the OG position. But I'm wondering is this change for just this season? Or will it carry to the next. Do they trust Fisher can play RT because Smith needs to go. i'm hoping they don't have second thoughts about that and we have to spend another pick for a RT.
Reply/Quote

The universal number for slow white boys
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 04:03 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: 10 bucks says he ends the season with a higher yards per rush average than Jeremy Hill.

Is this the week that we see the Jake Fisher Show? Smirk
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I'm betting that this is enable him to help out with the downfield blocking in the running and short passing game. A couple weeks ago, when we were all ragging on the OL for the poor rushing output, Royale Redlegs pointed out that it was actually the downfield blocking that was suspect.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

lol just, stop it.

And he didn't move to G last year, he played every snap at LT and was the best LT in the game.

Such ridiculously backwards thinking.

AND, he run blocks superbly whether he's a T, G or sitting on the roof.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
So is he allowed to line up at tackle? Is there such thing as reporting as ineligible? Maybe I'm overthinking it.
Reply/Quote