Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jake says he's proven he's a starter and top 32 in the world at his position
(01-08-2024, 01:03 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: *confusing.

Well I’d rather be bad at a message board than terrible with people which seems to be what you’re bad at. Getting really upset and hateful over different opinions. For someone who knows so many players, you sure don’t seem to know much about football.

A typo is understandable.  Why did you suggest that I said anything about, "substantial trade capital"?

Im not upset at the least, but you making up things is kind of bush league.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 01:13 AM)casear2727 Wrote:
A typo is understandable.  Why did you suggest that I said anything about, "substantial trade capital"?

Im not upset at the least, but you making up things is kind of bush league.

Because the bengals aren’t giving up Browning for anything less than substantial. Again I know you lack understanding of football mechanics as shown by your responses tonight, but it’s not that hard for follow along.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 01:19 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Because the bengals aren’t giving up Browning for anything less than substantial. Again I know you lack understanding of football mechanics as shown by your responses tonight, but it’s not that hard for follow along.

Depends on your definition of "substantial".  

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 01:25 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Depends on your definition of "substantial".  

Your little barbs only embarrass you.  

If you think posting on a message board should result in embarrassment, whether it’s embarrassing yourself or someone else embarrassing you, I suggest you step away from the computer/phone. It’s not that deep. Good night man.

Who Dey, although I’m know today’s result disappointed you. Try not to lose sleep over it.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 11:17 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I think you for sure can argue NE, Washington, and ATL would pick him over their current starters, and you could argue probably a couple more.

NYG, Tenn, Pitt, Minn, Den (assuming RW leaves), Car (so far)
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 01:29 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: If you think posting on a message board should result in embarrassment, whether it’s embarrassing yourself or someone else embarrassing you, I suggest you step away from the computer/phone. It’s not that deep. Good night man.

Who Dey, although I’m know today’s result disappointed you. Try not to lose sleep over it.

I was ready for this win as soon as the Browns said they were playing their cheerleaders. 

You have a good night.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 01:41 AM)Ell Prez Wrote: NYG, Tenn, Pitt, Minn, Den (assuming RW leaves), Car (so far)

I don't want to get into the argument; as I did that exercise in futility a couple of weeks ago. 

Look at the jacket Jake is wearing in the interview; the dude would be worshipped if he returned to Washington. Plus Pete Carrol would get the most out of him.

I also think Callahan padded his resume to get a HC gig. Depending on where/ if he lands, that becomes a possibility. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 01:41 AM)Ell Prez Wrote: NYG, Tenn, Pitt, Minn, Den (assuming RW leaves), Car (so far)

Giants aren’t an option. They gave Daniel Jones a huge contract.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 01:41 AM)Ell Prez Wrote: NYG, Tenn, Pitt, Minn, Den (assuming RW leaves), Car (so far)

Denver is the only team on the list that seems to make sense. 

NYG signed Jones to a 160M contract with a dead cap hit of 47M next year.  Devito was a decent backup 

Titans seem to be going with Will Levis, kid has a cannon. 

Pitt already has a QB controversy with Mason Rudolf and Pickett. 

Cousins already said he wants to retire in Minnesota. 

Carolina has the overall #1 draft pick from this year. 

I think many fans overvalue our own players much like our front office does....

Reply/Quote
Browning is an ERFA entering this offseason. The Bengals will tender him and he will be our backup in 2024. After that, he's an RFA so the Bengals can still tender him. They're not going to put the lowest tender on him, so they'll at least put the 2nd level on him in terms of getting a 2nd round pick back. I don't see anyone willing to give up that high of a pick for Browning. So, the Bengals need to plan on having him for two years. They can draft a late round QB or undrafted guy and carry him on the PS for the year and then evaluate him in 2025 and see if he can eventually take over Browning's spot after he leaves.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I think Browning ensured he'll continue to able to stick around the NFL as a backup, but he also threw 7 INTs in 7 starts and has a ~9% sack rate (Burrow has been 6.3% over the last two years for comparison). Any team that would potentially be looking for a starting QB is likely going to have a worse offensive situation than the Bengals.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I agree with Jake and I would imagine we get pretty good offers
Reply/Quote
I hope the Bengals give him a decent payday to forestall any dissension. If he thinks he's a starter, and the Bengals keep him as a backup (which they should; they need a good backup), then he could get resentful that his window to get big bucks is closing. Reward the man and keep him happy.
Reply/Quote
Do the bengal thing and trade him to Pittsburgh.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 10:57 PM)Whacked Wrote: I also think if we didn't have a Mickey Mouse D...he could have gotten us in playoffs and maybe even won a game.

…as well as a consistently reliable rushing attack. This, of course, necessitates having an offensive line which can run block.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 09:56 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Do the bengal thing and trade him to Pittsburgh.

Why are you so weird

Reply/Quote
definitely would be an upgrade on several teams
Reply/Quote
How else would you want him to feel?

Did you see his girlfriend?
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
I think he's objectively better than:
Deshaun Watson
Aidan O'Connell
Mac Jones (And Bailey Zappe)
Mason Rudolph (And Kenny Pickett)
Will Levis (And Ryan Tannehill)
Desmond Ridder
Daniel Jones
Sam Howell

He's also better than the majority of the back ups who were playing this season like:
Tyler Huntley
Jeff Driskell
Joe Flacco (yes, even though Joe is on a hot streak right now)
Jarrett Stidham
Blaine Gabbert
Easton Stick
Trevor Siemian
Mitch Trubisky
Jaren Hall
Tyrod Taylor
Tommy DeVito
Josh Dobbs

He's about on par with Gardner Minshew and Jacoby Brissett.

With that said, I don't think anyone is giving the Bengals a 2nd or even 3rd round pick for him, so he's not going anywhere. A good back up QB that can win games is much more valuable than a mid round pick (assuming a team would be willing to give a 4th or 5th rounder for him). So unless someone offers a high day 1 or 2 pick for him, he'll be a Bengal for at least 2024.

I personally hope they give him a nice 3 or 4 year deal for 4M or 5M AAV.
Reply/Quote
I don't see much demand for Jake throughout the league especially since the draft is QB heavy.
Reply/Quote