Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jake says he's proven he's a starter and top 32 in the world at his position
He needs a more marketable name... Browning just doesn't do it.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 01:48 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't want to get into the argument; as I did that exercise in futility a couple of weeks ago. 

Look at the jacket Jake is wearing in the interview; the dude would be worshipped if he returned to Washington. Plus Pete Carrol would get the most out of him.

I also think Callahan padded his resume to get a HC gig. Depending on where/ if he lands, that becomes a possibility. 

I thought the dude was wearing a Vikings jacket at first. lol. Would have been cold to wear that after the Vikings game.
Reply/Quote
If there was some alien device that could actually determine QB rankings I’d put money Jake wouldn’t be one of the best 32 QBs in the world.

But top 40?

Probably

Out of all the backups Iv seen he’s the best after Foles and Huntley so he’s gotta at least be top 40 or 35 in the world

I’ll just take solace in the fact that he’s better than Kenny Pickett lol
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 10:52 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I think they have control over his contract for at least next year. After he leaves I wouldn’t mind them signing a decent vet who has had some success in the past depending on whoever is available then.

I hope the FO is smart on this. He has a ton of value right now. We need to take advantage of it somehow. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 05:10 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: He needs a more marketable name...  Browning just doesn't do it.

His girlfriend is taking care of the marketing.

https://nypost.com/2024/01/07/sports/jake-brownings-girlfriend-sparks-frenzy-with-bengals-outfit/
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 09:04 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I hope the FO is smart on this. He has a ton of value right now. We need to take advantage of it somehow. 

If im a team like Pittsburg on draft day and the guy I want is gone, id send over a clean 6th for Jake. If things with Pickett get super bad maybe even a 5th. He get some added value because his contract is so cheap. 
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 09:08 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: His girlfriend is taking care of the marketing.

https://nypost.com/2024/01/07/sports/jake-brownings-girlfriend-sparks-frenzy-with-bengals-outfit/

https://www.outkick.com/jake-browning-girlfriend-stephanie-niles-steals-the-show-during-the-bengals-season-finale/?fbclid=IwAR3fwfLONgp2ZcvaeWQMedeRW-Lnr_kKmC_AUj0XsZysZga8mp_XTqA7qbo

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 09:08 PM)Housh Wrote: If im a team like Pittsburg on draft day and the guy I want is gone, id send over a clean 6th for Jake. If things with Pickett get super bad maybe even a 5th. He get some added value because his contract is so cheap. 

I think he's worth more than a 6th. 

Reply/Quote
I’m very satisfied with having Jake Browning as our backup Quarterback. He’s a good Quarterback for sure.He’s made some very impressive throws since he became the starter.
Reply/Quote
Pittsburgh would have to give up a 1st!

And Watt.

I wouldn’t trade him in the division.

I think it’s interesting, and unfortunately for the dream of getting picks for Browning, that Rush didn’t see more interest as a free agent after how he played for the Cowboys.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I'd want a 4th for Browning at the minimum. Or just keep him he isn't going to cost a ton.

Issue is the Bengals seem to value being a high character organization... and with that I bet they do him a solid.

Not that there's anything wrong with the above of course... but sometimes it does cost you moves that could benefit the team.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
According to Lapham, last six games of the season, Browning had the best QB rating in the NFL and actually ended with a higher rating over than Burrow, i think that says he can be a starting QB in the NFL or at least should have a chance at proving it
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 09:54 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think he's worth more than a 6th. 

He's a backup. Nobody is trading for a backup. Certainly not Pittsburgh as they owned him twice.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 09:08 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: His girlfriend is taking care of the marketing.

Quote:"Niles, who has been dating Browning for more than five years..."

As Grandad might have said, any woman not insisting on marriage after five years is worth marrying.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Pay the man.

He brought hope to a fanbase when everything seemed lost.

He deserves a payday. Still need him as a backup, but every reason to give him a raise.
Reply/Quote
Beating Cleveland in a meaningless game was nice but what happened the prior two weeks when the games did matter? Jake Browning led the offense to 0 points in the second half against K.C. in a must win game and 11 points total against Pittsburgh in another must win game.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 08:36 PM)Nepa Wrote: Pay the man.

He brought hope to a fanbase when everything seemed lost.

He deserves a payday. Still need him as a backup, but every reason to give him a raise.

Totally agree should get more $$ for leading us to 4 wins
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 11:13 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Best he can hope for is a Minshew career.

The issue with back up QB's that blossom late is well it's too late. QB needy teams are going to take their shot at the young guy more times than not.

It's why it always cracks me up when some player says they are better than a rookie and the vet wants the PT. It's not about you being better it's about the development of the young player.

Geno Smith would like to have a word.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2024, 12:32 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Geno Smith would like to have a word.

Disagree - Geno was a 2nd round pick. Who was handed the starting job out of the gate.

A guy like that gets plenty of chances while Jake Browning needed circumstances aka injuries to get in the game.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 09:08 PM)Housh Wrote: If im a team like Pittsburg on draft day and the guy I want is gone, id send over a clean 6th for Jake. If things with Pickett get super bad maybe even a 5th. He get some added value because his contract is so cheap. 

Do we know that Browning would be better than Pickett/Rudolph?

A lot of times guys like Browning have success because they've been in a system forever and the coaches call plays that are limited to take advantage of their strengths. Then, they change systems and flop.

I wouldn't say that Browning has a huge arm or is really accurate. But, he did put up good numbers.

It's kind of like how people thought McCarron should have started over Dalton. And then he just wasn't an NFL starter.

Teams don't want a starting caliber QB. They want a Top 10 caliber starting QB.
Reply/Quote