Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Jamar Chase
(09-18-2023, 08:53 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Without Ja’Marr Chase drawing coverage to his side of the field Tee Higgins would not be getting open.  If you remove Chase from the field then coverage rolls in Higgins’ direction.  One elite wide receiver is insufficient.

Every team plays two high against us and basically double teams both of them on every play. It's not them doubling one or the other. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 08:53 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Without Ja’Marr Chase drawing coverage to his side of the field Tee Higgins would not be getting open.  If you remove Chase from the field then coverage rolls in Higgins’ direction.  One elite wide receiver is insufficient.

Right now two elite receivers are insufficient.  Ninja

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 07:44 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: What kind of grass?

Dealer's choice.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 09:59 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Every team plays two high against us and basically double teams both of them on every play. It's not them doubling one or the other. 

The thing that gets me with this is if that were such an amazing "I win" move by defenses, why doesn't everyone do it to every other team in existence? They'd be doing the same for Tyreek/Waddle and AJ Brown/DeVonta, or back when the Chiefs had Tyreek/Kelce. There is no reason for teams to be able to shut down arguably the best WR trio in the league that easily.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 03:47 PM)TheFan Wrote: In our first game Higgins literally had 0 catches for 0 yards on 8 attempts. I agree thr coaching staff struggles to scheme guys open.

It's game 2 guys. What are we doing here? 

Yeah, this is ridiculous. Chase will be fine if the coaches start using him right and the QB is accurate somewhat.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 02:27 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Went to the game yesterday and was watching Chase a lot in the second half. Dude's body language was terrible. Throwing his hands up, slamming his helmet on the sideline. It also looked like he was actively trying to check himself out of the game and was giving up on routes.

Cause for concern or just frustrated in the moment?

It's frustration

Joe Burrow isn't anywhere near 100% and it's shown, bad!! We've had what? couple decent drives and a couple good ones, total. And it's more than just Burrow.

Mixon, who's been playing well. But for some reason ZT forgets he's allowed to run the ball in the 2nd half. The Oline has had it's bad plays. I think we've failed to scheme well around Burrow's libations.

And here goes one more time. The lack of starters playing in the preseason has shown up, IMHO.

I can easily see why Chase is frustrated.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 02:29 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It's frustration

Joe Burrow isn't anywhere near 100% and it's shown, bad!! We've had what? couple decent drives and a couple good ones, total. And it's more than just Burrow.

Mixon, who's been playing well. But for some reason ZT forgets he's allowed to run the ball in the 2nd half. The Oline has had it's bad plays. I think we've failed to scheme well around Burrow's libations.

And here goes one more time. The lack of starters playing in the preseason has shown up, IMHO.

I can easily see why Chase is frustrated.

Don't know why? Ja'Marr said we could rest Joe till week 5 and we would be just fine. Ninja

You get my jist, but yeah, it is frustrating for everyone until we get on track. Shouldn't be long and it might of started in the 2nd 
half against the Ratbirds for all we know if Burrow is alright with his calf.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 08:03 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Higs was getting O BC, JS. TBS, don't get rid of Chase for COL!

I’m not ready for that. Too Orwellian, lol
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote