Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jameis coming in hot
In 10 quarters (and one overtime), Winston has amassed 905 passing yards. To put that in perspective, if you extend that to a full season (64 quarters) you're looking at 5,792 passing yards. By the way, the NFL single-season record is 5,477.
Reply/Quote
Don’t see our defense slowing him down
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I've been having nightmares all week about what O.J Howard and Brate will do to our linebackers in this game. Are defense is gonna be in for a long day. This team has weapons in Evans , Jackson, Goodwin, Howard and Brate.
Reply/Quote
Winston will throw for 500 yards
Reply/Quote
Fitzgerald was hot like that...until I put him on my fantasy team! Either of them is likely to put up 5 interceptions as they are 5 TD's. Bengals need to worry about the Bengals and playing up to their potential against a defense that is, is it possible? Worse than ours, they are.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 08:34 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: Fitzgerald was hot like that...until I put him on my fantasy team! Either of them is likely to put up 5 interceptions as they are 5 TD's. Bengals need to worry about the Bengals and playing up to their potential against a defense that is, is it possible? Worse than ours, they are.

Any chance you could add Winston to your roster before Sunday?  C'mon take one for the team.

After years of watching my team get decimated by injury, I picked up PigPen, figuring either he'd produce or the curse of my team would get him.  Turned out to be the former.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Is he flying in with the team or is he taking an Uber?
Reply/Quote
That should not be taken lightly. I thought going into this game we would have a better chance of winning than I do now. Thanks Fred!

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 11:23 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: That should not be taken lightly. I thought going into this game we would have a better chance of winning than I do now. Thanks Fred!

While I think Winston will have a good game, he has also made his fair share of mistakes. He has already thrown 6 interceptions and fumbled 4 times (losing two of them.)

He’s very boom or bust. I don’t have much confidence in our defense to make him bust but we shall see...
Reply/Quote
Got to get pressure on him.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
It is not must win game, but we must win this game.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
D line has to dominate. Hopefully get vigil and Burfict back after the bye and the LBs will be at least bad instead of godawful.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 06:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: In 10 quarters (and one overtime), Winston has amassed 905 passing yards. To put that in perspective, if you extend that to a full season (64 quarters) you're looking at 5,792 passing yards. By the way, the NFL single-season record is 5,477.

Hide the crab legs and Lobster!!!
Reply/Quote
Put the refs up in the finest presidential suites in town with only the finest hookers in town and we'll be fine  .. It's not that I think games can be fixed .. Far be it from me to even suggest such shinanigans ever occur in professional sports. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 09:13 AM)grampahol Wrote: Put the refs up in the finest presidential suites in town with only the finest hookers in town and we'll be fine  .. It's not that I think games can be fixed .. Far be it from me to even suggest such shinanigans ever occur in professional sports. 

I was shocked to see the league fire a ref the other day for blowing a call in the Cleveland/SD game. It was a false start of all things....
Reply/Quote
Haven't really watched the Bucs.... what does their oline look like?
Reply/Quote
Winston is the human turnover machine, so the opportunities will be there - we just have to actually recover the fumbles and catch the INTs.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 12:39 PM)Joelist Wrote: Winston is the human turnover machine, so the opportunities will be there - we just have to actually recover the fumbles and catch the INTs.

That's the problem. Our guys on D have had quite a few opportunities to take away the ball but can't hold onto it.

Reply/Quote
Yeah, this game definitely has me worried a bit. 

The Bengals offense has had some struggles recently, only averaging 15 points and 282 yards over the last 3 games. The Bucs offense has put 436 or more yards in 5 of their 6 games, and as Fred touched on, Winston is averaging 380 yards passing in his 2 starts. 

The good thing for the Bengals offense and Andy Dalton is that the Bucs D has given up 400+ yards total yards and 300+ passing yards 5 times in 6 games. Of course, the Bengals D have had problems as well, giving up 481 or more yards in 3 of its last 4 games.

This is a difficult game to figure out. It could easily be a blowout for either team if one of the offenses comes out firing on all cylinders, or it could turn into a shootout if both are playing well. Having said that, it'll probably be a 16-13 type of game. LOL

The last three meetings between these teams have been decided by a grand total of 5 points.
Reply/Quote
I'm not really worried about the game tomorrow. The wife and i will be there for her first ever Bengals game. We had to reschedule our previous attempt. Home teams, good ones, usually play much better at home. The Dolphins game was a bit of an outlier because games against them are usually weird. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote