Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James Wright - Released - Burfict to PuP - a few other moves
(07-28-2015, 05:14 PM)jj22 Wrote: D.Moore has been a huge disappointment, and will likely not make the team.

Oh. From OTAs we can tell that?
Reply/Quote
Sucks Wright is out for the season.
He was looking to be a big ST player for us
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 05:14 PM)jj22 Wrote: D.Moore has been a huge disappointment, and will likely not make the team.

Source?
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Best post I saw so far was for Reggie Wayne. He lived in Indy. So Cincy not that far from where he's used too. Sign him to 1 year deal with option for year two. Could bring some nice vet leadership to the team.
[Image: 2qGWGd.png]
Reply/Quote

Wow, no kidding? Where are you seeing this?

I'm not exactly surprised, however
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 04:51 PM)McC Wrote: Let's not skip over this Burfict thing.  Was it the plan all along or a setback?
Yeah, same thing I was thinking because I thought he was ready to play.

Weird, though, because I thought that it meant that he would be out for the first 6 weeks or something like that, but that's not what BleacherReport says:

Quote:Each of the players was placed onto the active/PUP list. Because of that, they continue to count against the Bengals' 90-man preseason roster limit and will be allowed to return to practices once medically cleared.
But then what's the point of even putting him on the PUP?  Just so they don't have to answer questions and so it's not like they're falsifying their injury report?  (I figured that was only a regular season thing, though.)

The Ohio State guy in me is excited to see AJ Hawk get some reps, but I'd obviously much rather have Burfict back.
Who told you this?

What sample size do they have to go off of?

You do realize he hasn't even been with us during a regular season or a preseason game, right?
(07-28-2015, 05:24 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Oh. From OTAs we can tell that?

Actually, he did remind me of how excited I am that Moore is on the team  ThumbsUp

I don't like that Wright got injured because it opens more room for Tate, but I also thought Wright would be good when thrown into the occasional slot/wideout role.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 04:51 PM)McC Wrote: Let's not skip over this Burfict thing.  Was it the plan all along or a setback?

This is just similar to what the Texans did with Clowney who had the same surgery.  Pre-season PuP is not the "miss 6 games" PuP.  It just means they're not available yet in the pre-season.  So don't look too much into anyone on PuP right now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Lewis spoke on Burfict earlier today.

Lewis "If Burfict plays in a preseason game he is way ahead of the time table."
[Image: 2qGWGd.png]
Reply/Quote
Active/PUP means that he counts against the 90-man pre-season roster and if he is still on it at the cut-down date will be eligible to be placed on Inactive/PUP (the 6 week one that means he wouldn't count against the 53).

It's an administration thing to ensure that players who get hurt after the start of training camp can't then go on PUP.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 04:46 PM)jj22 Wrote: We are in def need of receiving help. Shouldn't have double dipped in the draft at OT. Hopefully the big 3 stay healthy and produce to their potential.

That may turn out to be a blessing in the long run, but I felt the same way at the time - and wished we'd picked up a WR earlier.  The big guy (Waller?) that Baltimore picked up was enticing and I loved Crowder and would have liked to take him in the 3rd.  

Owczarski says that Kroft looks really good - when he can get out of his stance and catch the ball...

Just bad luck.  Wright looked like he was going to a good one.  I'm wanting someone to blame, but have no one (but the surgeon????).

Pffffft
Reply/Quote
Anybody remember how mad folks were because Chad "chose" to wait until just before TC to have surgery? Why isn't anybody made at Wright? Maybe they both went by what our medical staff told them
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

A bit early to be throwing him out.  I think he's every bit as good overall as Wright.  I think they should go get Reggie Wayne for 1 year.  I think he'd sign with a playoff contender.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
The PUP? Oh POOP!
Reply/Quote

What?  Did he have a bad press conference or something?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 06:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Anybody remember how mad folks were because Chad "chose" to wait until just before TC to have surgery? Why isn't anybody made at Wright? Maybe they both went by what our medical staff told them

Did James Wright spend the offseason posing in Redskins jerseys? On top of that, James Wright isn't good enough to get mad at... About anything.

People on here talk like they have a bunch of incompetent witch doctors or some shit on the staff.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Does anyone have a list of potential FA WR's we could possibly look at? I already read that Greg Little would be brought in for a workout again, but I know there has to be someone better out there. (Besides Wayne)
[Image: Bch_OOih_CIAARIjw_jpg_large.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Contrary to popular belief, they didn't sign AJ Hawk for depth, for fun, or to appease OSU fans.  They signed him to play the will LB position....  As a starter.  Micro fracture in December = no play til next December.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 07:50 PM)jason Wrote: People on here talk like they have a bunch of incompetent witch doctors or some shit on the staff.

Sounds about right, Gresh had to have a physical for another team before his injury was found. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 07:51 PM)Bengals23 Wrote: Does anyone have a list of potential FA WR's we could possibly look at? I already read that Greg Little would be brought in for a workout again, but I know there has to be someone better out there. (Besides Wayne)

Other than Wayne, it's pretty scarce. Guys like Mike Williams, Donnie Avery and Robert Meachem.
Reply/Quote
To bad about Wright, I'm not all that surprised at Burfict. In fact I'm glad they're bringing him along slowly. Like others have said I'd bet they'll be on the lookout for camp casualty WR's.

I'd guess Hunt is nearing the end of his rope, as is Porter.
Reply/Quote