Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jan 6 Hearings
Dang. Trump's assistant to his chief of staff is now a completely believable hero. Weird. I wonder if she said anything publicly about the Trump admin between 2017 and Jan 5 2021 that we can now lock in as infallible. de fide
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 10:40 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Dang.  Trump's assistant to his chief of staff is now a completely believable hero.  Weird.  I wonder if she said anything publicly about the Trump admin between 2017 and Jan 5 2021 that we can now lock in as infallible. de fide

Im pretty sure people have had years to get used to Republicans saying bad things about Trump. 

Actually, if the GOP picks DeSantis over him Trump may go nuclear on the GOP and we will have all sorts of uneasy alliances in that fight.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 10:28 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Is deleted shit suspicious now?  Ninja

Specifically deleted yes.  Although if you are talking about Hillary Clinton's emails, they found those.  

Still haven't locked her up though.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 10:40 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Dang.  Trump's assistant to his chief of staff is now a completely believable hero.  Weird.  I wonder if she said anything publicly about the Trump admin between 2017 and Jan 5 2021 that we can now lock in as infallible. de fide

Did she say anything between those dates while under oath?
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 10:28 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Is deleted shit suspicious now?  Ninja

It seemed to be back then for some people. Why can’t it be a big deal now for the same folks?
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 02:45 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: It seemed to be back then for some people.  Why can’t it be a big deal now for the same folks?

You know there's an opposite to that question right?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 03:17 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You know there's an opposite to that question right?

It's almost as if inconsistency amongst partisans is a regular occurrence.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 03:25 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: It's almost as if inconsistency amongst partisans is a regular occurrence.

I don't disagree, but I'm not even sure what we're talking about here anymore.

Are we talking about the secret service deleting stuff, or Hillary Clinton or both or what?  It's legimately difficult to keep up on all the political maleficence. 
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 11:44 AM)GMDino Wrote: Specifically deleted yes.  Although if you are talking about Hillary Clinton's emails, they found those.  

Still haven't locked her up though.

They found them?  The yoga and wedding ones?  I never knew about that.  Not that it changes my point.

Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 03:25 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: It's almost as if inconsistency amongst partisans is a regular occurrence.

Yes I have made an effort over the years to stay consistent.  If things end up missing like emails and texts, it should certainly be investigated, even if it turns into nothing.

Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 03:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't disagree, but I'm not even sure what we're talking about here anymore.

Are we talking about the secret service deleting stuff, or Hillary Clinton or both or what?  It's legimately difficult to keep up on all the political maleficence. 

Both, but just one, but together.

Reply/Quote
I'm in my 50's.  One thing many of my friends say is they are glad we did all of our stupid things before everyone had phones and could record everything we did. (I have many, many, vhs tapes of us doing stupid things though...lol)

Anyway.

Josh Hawley.

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/politics/2022/07/22/senator-josh-hawley-seen-running-exit-capitol-jan-6/10125185002/

Donald J Trump

https://deadline.com/2022/07/trump-january-sixth-speech-changes-raw-video-1235074800/

Reply/Quote
Josh Hawley saluting and encouraging the mob and later running from them as the capitol police have to risk their lives to protect him from them is just epic.

A fine representative of our citizens.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 09:22 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Josh Hawley saluting and encouraging the mob and later running from them as the capitol police have to risk their lives to protect him from them is just epic.

A fine representative of our citizens.

I believe this falls under the "performative" acts some representatives choose to do to get support from their base while not really doing anything of substance.
Reply/Quote
Meanwhile DJT is totally not watching any of the hearings.

And he is totally cool with it because he know the "truth" is on his side... Cool

Reply/Quote
"Yesterday is a hard word for me!"

My niece has the same issue.

She's 6.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 09:40 AM)GMDino Wrote: I believe this falls under the "performative" acts some representatives choose to do to get support from their base while not really doing anything of substance.

And the GOP voters perform by pretending the mob was no big deal and peaceful while simultaneously supporting the politicians who fled from it, I guess. 

Josh Hawley flees for his life from a regular ol tourist group.  He's got my vote. 

It's like watching Shaggy run away from ghosts except Shaggy didn't salute and encourage them first.  Or he might have, I never really watched Scooby Doo and there are like a million episodes. 
Reply/Quote
The whole missing text message thing... Seriously?

Can't look much worse than that.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 10:43 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: The whole missing text message thing... Seriously?

Can't look much worse than that.

hEr EmAiLs ThOuGh
Reply/Quote
"Yesterday is a hard word for me." ~ 45th President of the United States Donald John Trump

Reply/Quote