Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jay Hayes leaving for Tampa
Going to need a new D-line coach to go with a new QB coach.

http://www.bucsnation.com/2016/1/15/10777052/buccaneers-hiring-jay-hayes-and-mark-duffner-to-replace-hardy
Reply/Quote
Assistant coaches bailing at an alarming rate because they are now fully aware of the futility of their situation as ML stays at the helm.
Reply/Quote
Wow. Not just a break up of the Hayes brothers, but a break up in which Jay took a lateral move...
Reply/Quote
Our coaches are bailing! Except Paul Alexander, of course.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Didn't see that coming, given his tenure here, success, and the talent he has to work with for the next few years. And for a lateral move!

Trying not to read too much into this, but it raises a question of 'why'.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Coaches bailing is one thing, coaches bailing without getting a promotion is another thing.

Should us fans be worried? Are things really that bad with leadership/the organization that coaches are making lateral moves to other teams?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Shocking to see Hayes leave considering his long time friendship with Marvin.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I haven't heard anymore about Coyle coming here.
Reply/Quote
Good for him. Smart move. Good luck, Jay.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 06:42 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Shocking to see Hayes leave considering his long time friendship with Marvin.

And his brother is a coach on the team as well. Tight ends coach I believe. 

Maybe the guy just wanted a new challenge.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 06:44 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: And his brother is a coach on the team as well. Tight ends coach I believe. 

Maybe the guy just wanted a new challenge.

I've wanted Johnathan Hayes gone for a while. I wonder if he'll follow.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
They're interviewing 49ers DB coach to be our DB coach. Tim Lewis.
Reply/Quote
Yikes.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 06:46 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: They're interviewing 49ers DB coach to be our DB coach.  Tim Lewis.

Werent they dead last in team defense this year? (Sorry, on phone)
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 06:42 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Didn't see that coming, given his tenure here, success, and the talent he has to work with for the next few years. And for a lateral move!

Trying not to read too much into this, but it raises a question of 'why'.

Just guessing, but I would say he probably looked at it as a way to get noticed more. 

The last couple decades we've made do with the DL. We don't take many 1-2 round draft picks for it and when we do take somebody, it's usually of the safe variety. We've found some FA and later round help, but if I was hayes, I don't think I would be looking to get a high first round pick on this team.

He might have the feeling in Tampa he can make a decent mark by developing whoever it is they've got/will get.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 06:51 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Werent they dead last in team defense this year? (Sorry, on phone)

This was his first/only season with the 49ers. He was with Atlanta before that.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 06:51 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Werent they dead last in team defense this year? (Sorry, on phone)

29th.  Apparently Lewis spent a lot of time as a Steelers coach in his career.  
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 06:43 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Good for him. Smart move.  Good luck, Jay.

What's smart about leaving an all but permanent job to take the exact same job elsewhere with less stability?
Reply/Quote

That'll happen when half your defense retires.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 06:58 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: What's smart about leaving an all but permanent job to take the exact same job elsewhere with less stability?

More sun, less taxes.

Reply/Quote