Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Jeff Driskel....Did you know?
**BUMPED FROM JANUARY**

In 2010 Jeff Driskel was named the Maxwell Club's National High School Player of the Year.

In 2012 Jeff Driskel made his first start at the University of Florida lining up at WR.  He played the rest of the game at QB.

In 2012 Jeff Driskel broke the University of Florida single game rushing record for quarterbacks with 177 yards against Vanderbilt (passing Tim Tebow).

In 2013 Jeff Driskel was selected by the Boston Red Sox in the MLB draft.  He signed a contract but indicated that he would not pursue a career in professional baseball.

In 2015 Jeff Driskel set the New Orleans Bowl record for most passing yards (458) and longest td pass (71 yds)

In 2016 Jeff Driskel ran a 4.56 forty at the NFL combine.  According to combine records only three active NFL QBs had a faster time (Tyrod Taylor 4.51 in 2011, Marcus Mariota 4.52 in '15, Russell Wilson 4.55 in '12).  Also only 3 active QBs had a longer Broad Jump at the combine than Driskel's 10'2" (Cam Newton, Tyrod Taylor, Andrew Luck)

in '17 and '18 Driskel combined preseason numbers (through first preseason games of '18)… 24-36 304 yds 2 td 0 int 111.3 rating,  9 carries for 63 yds (7.0 avg) and one td

Jeff Driskel's wife, Tarin Moses, was the Captain of the University of Florida Cheerleading team.

[Image: TarinMoses1.jpg]
[Image: jeff-driskel-girlfriend.jpg?w=314&h=176....&strip=all]
Reply/Quote
Pocket Rocket; she's gorgeous.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I think in order to appease Bengals fans, they should make a swimsuit edition 2018-the end of Merv's contract calendar featuring only Bengals' QBs' wives. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 02:25 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I think in order to appease Bengals fans, they should make a swimsuit edition 2018-the end of Merv's contract calendar featuring only Bengals' QBs' wives. Mellow

2 Pocket Rockets and AJ's wife? I think that would do...
Reply/Quote
She is smoking hot !

Unlike the popular opinion have always felt that Driskel would be a adequate back up QB if we traded AJM.

Know he runs more than most QB's but that is because he can. Be a change of pace for defenses to adjust to if Dalton got hurt and he had to fill in as well.

No, did not know much of what you posted. Thanks for sharing.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
His pre-season was encouraging, granted against players who didn't make NFL rosters.

I would be happy if they give him an open shot as the #2 QB if they trade McCarron.
Reply/Quote
http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Driskel-used-to-numbers-game/b1b88019-15cd-4e45-ab62-a828051c8d71

Driskel?

“He’s a specimen of an athlete,” said George Iloka, who has seen plenty of that as the Bengals starting safety for the last five years. “I’ve seen him dunk between his legs 360 (degrees), pause in mid-air and dunk it off a vertical.”

“He put the ball between his legs and put the ball behind his back and dunked it one hand,” Iloka said. “It was just so effortless.”
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 02:25 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I think in order to appease Bengals fans, they should make a swimsuit edition 2018-the end of Merv's contract calendar featuring only Bengals' QBs' wives. Mellow

Better do it before McCarron is traded.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
When the local Bengals radio guys are talking about drafting a guy to be the backup for when McCarron's gone I'm always like.... They have strong backup in Driskel. I like him and he is different than AD skillset wise, which is intriguing.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 02:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: In 2010 Jeff Driskel was named the Maxwell Club's National High School Player of the Year.

In 2012 Jeff Driskel made his first start at the University of Florida lining up at WR.  He played the rest of the game at QB.

In 2012 Jeff Driskel broke the University of Florida single game rushing record for quarterbacks with 177 yards against Vanderbilt (passing Tim Tebow).

In 2013 Jeff Driskel was selected by the Boston Red Sox in the MLB draft.  He signed a contract but indicated that he would not pursue a career in professional baseball.

In 2015 Jeff Driskel set the New Orleans Bowl record for most passing yards (458) and longest td pass (71 yds)

In 2016 Jeff Driskel ran a 4.56 forty at the NFL combine.  According to combine records only three active NFL QBs had a faster time (Tyrod Taylor 4.51 in 2011, Marcus Mariota 4.52 in '15, Russell Wilson 4.55 in '12).  Also only 3 active QBs had a longer Broad Jump at the combine than Driskel's 10'2" (Cam Newton, Tyrod Taylor, Andrew Luck)

Jeff Driskel's wife, Tarin Moses, was the Captain of the University of Florida Cheerleading team.

What a babe. Cool

Lucky guy and no i didn't know all of this. Pretty cool. He outplayed AJM last Preseason, i like Driskell as our backup over AJM.

Hope we can get something for AJM.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 02:36 PM)Go Cards Wrote: She is smoking hot !

Unlike the popular opinion have always felt that Driskel would be a adequate back up QB if we traded AJM.  

Know he runs more than most QB's but that is because he can. Be a change of pace for defenses to adjust to if Dalton got hurt and he had to fill in as well.

No, did not know much of what you posted. Thanks for sharing.

I honestly believe that AJMc is pretty average...hence why it was so frustrating that the Browns screwed up the trade (on purpose)

If AJMc does go then I agree Driskel is in an interesting back up option and gives us something different. I have a feeling they may draft a QB late this year though..
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 05:47 PM)sonofstat Wrote: I honestly believe that AJMc is pretty average...hence why it was so frustrating that the Browns screwed up the trade (on purpose)

If AJMc does go then I agree Driskel is in an interesting back up option and gives us something different. I have a feeling they may draft a QB late this year though..

Same boat.

I wouldn't want Macaroni on my team in any situation.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 02:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: In 2010 Jeff Driskel was named the Maxwell Club's National High School Player of the Year.

jeff

jeff was the most impressive quarterback in pre season..big, fast ..strong armed and mobile..get rid of aj  get some draft picks  
Reply/Quote
jeff driscoll is the best quarterback.. a mobile ben R on the team
Reply/Quote

I want to see Katie!!!!  I heard Mike Brown even splurged on a new swimsuit for her!!
[Image: 9e3121bab4d85f54fe6a2339b7b2d717--old-fa...-fairy.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I was all for trading AJ prior to last season and letting Driskel be the back-up. I still think he has a high ceiling and would be interested to see what he can do in the Pre-season against better competition.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 12:58 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I was all for trading AJ prior to last season and letting Driskel be the back-up. I still think he has a high ceiling and would be interested to see what he can do in the Pre-season against better competition.

Me too.   Gifted runner, good arm.   Would love to see more.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
He reminds me of a right handed Steve Young.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 01:39 AM)hoosierbengal Wrote: He reminds me of a right handed Steve Young.

And he’s our 3rd string QB?? Marvin really is the worst! Ninja

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 01:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And he’s our 3rd string QB?? Marvin really is the worst! Ninja

Well I am not saying he will be as good as Steve Young was. His style just reminds me of him.
Reply/Quote