Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jeff Driskel broke arm taking reps at WR
(02-19-2018, 07:08 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Sounds like a Mike Brown idea #HardKnocks2009

Well for that one.... We were completely out of TEs for practice(except chase Coffman who was recovering from a foot injury)... which lead to Dan Coates I think being signed. so in retrospect we might have been better with DE chris Harrington at TE lol....

Oh stone hand coates...  The memories.

(I mean chris Harrington as a TE in practice anyways lol)
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2018, 07:16 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well for that one.... We were completely out of TEs for practice(except chase Coffman who was recovering from a foot injury)... which lead to Dan Coates I think being signed. so in retrospect we might have been better with DE chris Harrington at TE lol....

Oh stone hand coates...  The memories.

(I mean chris Harrington as a TE in practice anyways lol)

Pretty sure we drafted ole Stone Hands...
Reply/Quote
Well looks like we'll be drafting a QB, who will instantly become the new most popular player on the team.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2018, 08:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well looks like we'll be drafting a QB, who will instantly become the new most popular player on the team.

Where did you hear this Shake?

Driskel will be fine by Training Camp i am sure.

Wouldn't mind a QB in the 4th round or so like Riley Ferguson or Mason Rudolph but we need O-line help much more than a QB.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2018, 08:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well looks like we'll be drafting a QB, who will instantly become the new most popular player on the team.

...or he could be like the last one we drafted. Most hated him from the minute his name was called. I mentioned it on draft day because it was so amazing and I mention it now, because it never changed. The hate that AJ McCarron received by most on this forum was astounding.   
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2018, 08:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ...or he could be like the last one we drafted. Most hated him from the minute his name was called. I mentioned it on draft day because it was so amazing and I mention it now, because it never changed. The hate that AJ McCarron received by most on this forum was astounding.   

I didn't hate the McCarron pick at the time.

I think the Vigil pick is the one i can remember being pissed off the most about but then we got Billings and i was ecstatic.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2018, 08:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Where did you hear this Shake?

Driskel will be fine by Training Camp i am sure.

Wouldn't mind a QB in the 4th round or so like Riley Ferguson or Mason Rudolph but we need O-line help much more than a QB.

I like Drew Lock. A lot  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2018, 09:06 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I like Drew Lock. A lot  Mellow

Definately a good one, didn't know he was going into the Draft this year.

Not against getting a talented QB to sit behind Dalton for a few years.

Driskel has talent though and i thought he was better than McCarron last Preseason throwing the ball, not just running.

Still stand by my statement of QB not being our problem. It is the O-line.

There is a reason the last time our Line was playing good we were 8-0.
Reply/Quote
So par for the course for the Bengals, that black cloud that follows them around never seems to run out of rain !

That being said I'm not sure this ranks up there in the top ten stupidest Marvin/Bengals coaching staff decisions ever ?

Shit happens, he should be fine by camp.
Reply/Quote
This is just comical honestly
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2018, 09:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Definately a good one, didn't know he was going into the Draft this year.

Driskel has talent though and i thought he was better than McCarron last Preseason throwing the ball, not just running.

He's not. I saw one source last month that said he was declaring, now I see from multiple sources that he's not.  Cry Cry Cry
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2018, 09:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Definately a good one, didn't know he was going into the Draft this year.

"The game is won and lost in the trenches"

I don't think there's ever been a more true saying about football. Year in and year out, way more often than not, by and large it holds true. The Tom Brady's of the football world are once in a generation. The other 31 teams have to have stout O and D lines to win it all. Period
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2018, 10:51 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote:
"The game is won and lost in the trenches"

I don't think there's ever been a more true saying about football. Year in and year out, way more often than, by and large it holds true. The Tom Brady's of the football world are once in a generation. The other 31 teams have to have stout O and D lines to win it all. Period

And here everybody is, crying over the clipboard guy getting hurt in practice..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2018, 03:08 PM)Wyche Wrote: This is SO Bengals...... LOL

Ain't it, though? They kept all those wide receivers, playing time notwithstanding, and ask a quarterback recovering from an injury to take WR snaps at the end of the season. SMH.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2018, 01:52 PM)grampahol Wrote: I guess it falls under the category of 'making a football play' as opposed to the many other football plays that aren't football plays..  Come time for free agency it'll morph into making a volleyball play or maybe even an athletic type girls gymnastics play..

...the better to make the highlight reels, dontchaknow.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2018, 12:44 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Per Jim Owczarski:

'As of now, Jeff Driskel is the backup quarterback.

But following the end of the Bengals’ 2017 season, Driskel quietly walked out of Paul Brown Stadium with his left, non-throwing arm in a black sling. The second-year player was still on injured reserve at that point of the year, but was practicing as he worked to return from broken fingers on his throwing hand suffered in the preseason.

So how did the 24-year-old injure his other arm?

In practice leading up to the season final against the Ravens, a league source told The Enquirer Driskel was asked to take reps at wide receiver.

He did, and after making a leaping one-handed catch, he fell on his left arm and broke it. The quarterback needed surgery so a rod could be inserted to stabilize the arm, but Driskel should not miss any time once voluntary workouts begin in April.'

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/02/17/bengals-extra-what-does-aj-mccarron-decision-mean-cincinnati-bengals/347193002/

Wow, it says this:

Quote:"What that means is the Bengals have a couple of seasons to take the money other teams are spending on their starting quarterback and use it wisely elsewhere before Dalton himself earns an extension before the 2020 season."

The problem is is that the team will not spend that money wisely, that is almost certain.

Reply/Quote
Just pure comedy at this point. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2018, 12:44 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Per Jim Owczarski:

'As of now, Jeff Driskel is the backup quarterback.

But following the end of the Bengals’ 2017 season, Driskel quietly walked out of Paul Brown Stadium with his left, non-throwing arm in a black sling. The second-year player was still on injured reserve at that point of the year, but was practicing as he worked to return from broken fingers on his throwing hand suffered in the preseason.

So how did the 24-year-old injure his other arm?

In practice leading up to the season final against the Ravens, a league source told The Enquirer Driskel was asked to take reps at wide receiver.

He did, and after making a leaping one-handed catch, he fell on his left arm and broke it. The quarterback needed surgery so a rod could be inserted to stabilize the arm, but Driskel should not miss any time once voluntary workouts begin in April.'

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/02/17/bengals-extra-what-does-aj-mccarron-decision-mean-cincinnati-bengals/347193002/

If you need anymore proof that Marvin is a dolt. Backup QB breaks arm taking reps at WR. Why is a backup QB taking reps at WR? We don’t have practice squad guys who can do that? Seriously what the hell is going on here?
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I imagine this is how it went down:

One day at practice Bill approaches Marvin.

Bill Lazor: “Marvin I got a new set of plays I want to run and I’ll need a third WR from the PS.”
Marvin Lewis: “Ok grab Driskell and throw him in there.”
Bill: “Ok Jeff....wait what?”
Marvin: “Yea Jeff.”
Bill: “Umm ok.”
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2018, 08:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The hate that AJ McCarron received by most on this forum was astounding.   

Saying that he is not as good as Dalton is not "hate".

Don't recall the draft day opinion.  Most 5th round picks don't inspire strong feelings one way or another.
Reply/Quote