Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeff Sessions Resigns
(11-12-2018, 02:15 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Mainly, my issues with him are that he is not qualified and that I side with the opinions that because he is not Senate confirmed he cannot be in the role of a principal officer. Yeah, he's a radical partisan who is, surprisingly, worse than Jeff Sessions when it comes to ideology, but that comes in behind the lack of qualifications and the unconstitutionality of his appointment.

But it plays great to the base.

'Sessions wouldn't stop this bogus investigation, so here's a REAL guy... aw look, the Dems are trying to block it!'
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-12-2018, 02:15 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Mainly, my issues with him are that he is not qualified and that I side with the opinions that because he is not Senate confirmed he cannot be in the role of a principal officer. Yeah, he's a radical partisan who is, surprisingly, worse than Jeff Sessions when it comes to ideology, but that comes in behind the lack of qualifications and the unconstitutionality of his appointment.

Yea, not having Rosenstein be the acting AG was an odd move, especially since Whitaker's experience is a year as Session's chief of staff and 5 years of being a US attorney in Iowa over a decade ago. 

He certainly isn't qualified to be AG, but he's just acting and isn't any less qualified than Dana Boente was as acting AG for a month.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(11-12-2018, 02:45 PM)Benton Wrote: But it plays great to the base.

'Sessions wouldn't stop this bogus investigation, so here's a REAL guy... aw look, the Dems are trying to block it!'

It's a good formula. When everyone you promote has huge red flags and people react accordingly, you convince your base that it's all noise and not real. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(11-12-2018, 02:49 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Yea, not having Rosenstein be the acting AG was an odd move, especially since Whitaker's experience is a year as Session's chief of staff and 5 years of being a US attorney in Iowa over a decade ago. 

He certainly isn't qualified to be AG, but he's just acting and isn't any less qualified than Dana Boente was as acting AG for a month.

Rosenstein would've never been given the spot because Trump hates him. More likely the Solicitor General should have been in the role.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Hold on Rudy...what are you doing with those cigars?!?!   Ninja

https://observer.com/2018/11/rudy-giuliani-wife-claims-he-spent-thousands-on-mistress/?fbclid=IwAR0q_ofC-QvFRnyVWYl2V0ueMcGF0Z7Sc8_U2blk359EYoL0AbC0VfGByKs

Quote:According to his third wife, Judith Nathan, Rudy Giuliani has two very expensive habits: Cigars and mistresses.

Court filings from the pair’s divorce proceedings in Manhattan claim Giuliani doled out $286,536 to his mistress, Maria Rosa Ryan, over the last six months. The two began an affair earlier this year, prompting Nathan to file for divorce. Like Giuliani, Ryan is also married.

When President Trump’s attorney wasn’t bankrolling his affair, he was reportedly spending $447,938 on activities “for his own enjoyment” and $165,165 on travel, per NBC. Nathan also alleges Giuliani spent $12,012 on cigars and $7,131 on pens. All expenses are said to have occurred since April.

Responding to the spending allegations, Giuliani pointed to his pro-bono salary at the White House—prompting Nathan’s attorney to scold him for agreeing to represent the president “for free.” Despite Giuliani’s background in law, a judge offered the lawyer some pro-bono advice of his own to resolve his marriage issues in private.

“It is beyond me why this is done publicly… throwing out all [your] dirty laundry for consumption,” said Judge Michael Katz, according to NBC.

Giuliani married Nathan in 2003 after his second wife, Donna Hanover, alleged the two were having an affair and filed for divorce. Before Hanover, Giuliani was married to his second cousin, Regina Peruggi.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/wsj-whitaker-fudged-academic-honors-on-resume-gov-documents

Quote:Acting Attorney General and former hot tub salesman Matthew Whitaker claimed he earned “All-American” academic honors during his University of Iowa football days on his resume and on government applications, but there’s no record of it being true, the Wall Street Journal found.

Whitaker claimed to have achieved the status of “Academic All-American” while he was a tight end at the University of Iowa in the early 1990s. The College Sports Information Directors of America told the Journal it had no record of bestowing the honor, which requires a 3.3 GPA, on Whitaker.

Whitaker claimed to have been awarded the honor in a 2010 application for an Iowa judgeship and in a resume sent to the patent marketing firm that he twisted arms for. The FTC shut down that firm this year, calling it a “scam.”

A Justice Department spokeswoman told WSJ that Whitaker had relied on a 1993 media guide for University of Iowa football, which caused him to make the error. Whitaker’s last year playing college football was 1992.

Lied on his resume and was part of a scam business operation.

No wonder DJT loves him. 
(12-27-2018, 10:37 AM)GMDino Wrote: https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/wsj-whitaker-fudged-academic-honors-on-resume-gov-documents

Lied on his resume and was part of a scam business operation.

No wonder DJT loves him. 

The sports embellishment stuff honestly doesn't bother me, people do it all the time. You should hear how many people tell me they were state placers when I tell them I wrestled. It's one of those things where over the years the accolades slowly grow, and probably once were there at a smaller level they kind of grew over time.
(12-27-2018, 10:51 AM)Au165 Wrote: The sports embellishment stuff honestly doesn't bother me, people do it all the time. You should hear how many people tell me they were state placers when I tell them I wrestled. It's one of those things where over the years the accolades slowly grow, and probably once were there at a smaller level they kind of grew over time.

I'd generally agree but it also involved his academic record.