Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jefferson to Bengals rumors
Y'all do realize this was a Twitter/X joke rumor generated by a group of Bengals fans for laughs right?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 11:04 AM)c12schleyer Wrote: Would you be happy with Tee and a 1st though???

If I'm the Vikings? No. We swap receivers and get back a guy who, while still good, is inferior to the guy we just had and has never played a full season in his first four years along with pick #18. I would be very upset. I'm looking primarily for picks, probably multiple first rounders. 
Reply/Quote
Just give them 3 first round picks and lets roll with Tee, Jefferson and Chase this year somehow LOL

If we can't win a SB with that group then blow it all up
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 11:17 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: If I'm the Vikings? No. We swap receivers and get back a guy who, while still good, is inferior to the guy we just had and has never played a full season in his first four years along with pick #18. I would be very upset. I'm looking primarily for picks, probably multiple first rounders. 

It's Tee, and 2 1sts.

Not Tee and 1 1st. 2.
Reply/Quote

Just TRADE UP for Marvin Harrison JR and the Bengals may get something similar to getting JJ while paying

a younger Marvin a rookie salary.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 11:34 AM)depthchart Wrote: .

Just TRADE UP for Marvin Harrison JR and they may get something similar to getting JJ while paying

a younger Marvin a rookie salary.

how far up do we need to go?  4?
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 11:36 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: how far up do we need to go?  4?

There's legit no offer I think we could make that the Cardinals would accept to get up to 4.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 11:36 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: how far up do we need to go?  4?

Go to the Patriots at pick #3.  They would want TEE and then it comes down to more picks to get them to do it.

If the Patriots are all in on getting a QB then try the Cardinals at pick #4.

I wanted to do this a few months ago but it got shot down by numerous Posters and I didn't want to argue about it then.

This would have been my move then and now but I don't think like most people. (for better or worse)  Wub
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 11:42 AM)depthchart Wrote: Go to the Patriots at pick #3.  They would want TEE.

I wanted to do this a few months ago but it got shot down by numerous Posters and I didn't want to argue about it then.

This would have been my move then and now but I don't think like most people. (for better or worse)  Wub

for things like that i wonder if the NFL ask teams to wait to the Draft to make the draft more exciting

Patriots may get better offers with the QB hungry teams out there
Reply/Quote
To trade up to pick 4, according to the trade chart, would cost us this year's 1st rounder, and one more next year.

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=cin
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 11:45 AM)Goalpost Wrote: To trade up to pick 4, according to the trade chart, would cost us this year's 1st rounder, and one more next year.

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=cin

I am not sure how the Chart would factor in TEE if he was part of the deal.

Maybe top of 2nd round value for TEE.

To me, this (getting Marvin Harrison JR) would be better than Trading for JJ and paying him & Chase,
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 11:45 AM)Goalpost Wrote: To trade up to pick 4, according to the trade chart, would cost us this year's 1st rounder, and one more next year

.https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=cin

And then there's likely zero chance that Marvin Harrison Jr has a career 17 game average of 1,671 yards.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 11:48 AM)depthchart Wrote: I am not sure how the Chart would factor in TEE if he was part of the deal.

To me, this (getting Marvin Harrison JR) would be better than Trading for JJ and paying him & Chase,

100% would not be good to have over 33% of the cap on 3 offensive players
Reply/Quote
No way anyone gives the Vikings multiple 1sts for JJ

They are going to have to pay JJ's 5th year, and then franchise him 2x. He has no interest in playing there & it makes no sense for them to load up on a WR for some weird amount of money. They have no QB & no chance of winning any time soon. They are so far away from contention it's kind of sad.

The Bengals should realistically offer....

Viking get: Tee + 2024 picks #49 & #97

Bengals get: JJ

^ What makes any of this impossible is that Higgins prob wants some goofy amount of $ & it makes no sense for the Vikes to pay him, either.

Vikings literally need an entirely new offense. They have no QB, O-Line, RB, or any WR other than WR 1 & a TE who will never be the same because he's ccoming off major injury. Hell, he'll prob will miss half the year at BEST and still be hobbled coming back.

Jefferson will be 29 by the time they can get their roster rebuilt. It makes zero sense to hold him.

- So, Vikings would say NO to Higgins. Only way Bengals can afford to give up that kind of draft capital is if they trade Higgins to someone else for picks who are picking higher in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th rounds.... Commanders, Panthers, Falcons, Pats, etc.

^ They could then possibly recoup & salvage much needed 2nd day picks for the 2024 draft - which happens to hit the Bengals in positions they actually need PERFECTLY.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 11:48 AM)depthchart Wrote: I am not sure how the Chart would factor in TEE if he was part of the deal.

So, I imagine that would be a 1st and 2nd plus Tee to move up to 4.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 11:52 AM)Goalpost Wrote: So, imagine that would be a 1st and 2nd plus Tee to move up to 4.

That may be enough or could have to add a little more.

Rookie Contract for Marvin

Break the Bank for JJ (Maybe even a New Record Contract for a receiver)

*Seems simple to me. Get Marvin instead.  

Marvin may never be quite as good as JJ but I think he could be more than good enough for it to work better.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 11:16 AM)Joelist Wrote: Y'all do realize this was a Twitter/X joke rumor generated by a group of Bengals fans for laughs right?

Yes. But its fun. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 10:32 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yep. Higgins would have more if he wasn't the number two behind Chase. Not saying he would have JJ's numbers, but they would be better if Chase wasn't on the field. A second is closer than 2 firsts.

You realize there's a 2200 yard gap between the two?  That's more than Higgins 2 most productive seasons.

You really think it would be closer if Tee was in Minny facing #1 CB's and double coverage with Cousins throwing him the ball and Jefferson was here with Joe Burrow?

Dude, Jefferson is so far beyond Tee that the light from Jefferson takes millions of years to reach Higgins.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 11:55 AM)depthchart Wrote: That may be enough or could have to add a little more.

Rookie Contract for Marvin

Break the Bank for JJ (Maybe even a New Record Contract for a receiver)

*Seems simple to me. Get Marvin instead.  

Marvin may never be quite as good as JJ but I think he could be more than good enough for it to work better.

Harrison Jr could be a bust, or even if he's not a bust he could just be DeVonta Smith. Good but not special. We know Jefferson is an undisputed top-3 WR in the NFL.

If I am going to give up Tee and two 1st round picks for a WR either one way or the other and I have to choose one, I would rather have Jefferson and his OPOY and career 1,671 yards per 17 games.

Jefferson would instantly become the best WR the Bengals have ever had.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 12:10 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Harrison Jr could be a bust, or even if he's not a bust he could just be DeVonta Smith. Good but not special. We know Jefferson is an undisputed top-3 WR in the NFL.

If I am going to give up Tee and two 1st round picks for a WR either one way or the other and I have to choose one, I would rather have Jefferson and his OPOY and career 1,671 yards per 17 games.

Jefferson would instantly become the best WR the Bengals have ever had.

That's fine and then Pay JJ a likely New Record Contract that Chase and his Agent look at to justify what they 

want the Bengals to pay Chase. (That JJ Money can go to other areas of the Team)

Will JJ average 1,671 yards per 17 games with Jamar Chase also on the field to be targeted ? (maybe / maybe not)

Marvin Harrison JR  6 foot 4  205 pounds

Devonta Smith 6 foot and 1/4  170 pounds at his Combine

*I like Marvin's chances of being better than Devonta but that's just how I see it. JJ is a more sure thing but his Price is steep.
Reply/Quote