Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jefferson to Bengals rumors
(03-13-2024, 01:55 AM)casear2727 Wrote: There is no "Bengals Fans can think that".  I gave you facts.

The franchise tag is the 2nd most important tool to maintain parity in the NFL behind the draft.  Fans of a small market team with a broke owner would be so dumb to hate the tag.  It was made for them.

The players union just enhanced the tag requirements in the last CBA, you are not keeping up.

Higgins did not DEMAND a trade, he requested one, those are very different. 

Comparing Pickens to Tee is amateur at best.  Tee is not a malcontent like your examples.

We are not trading Tee for JJ.  That would be insane, but if we did, I doubt very seriously it would be Tee and two 1sts, that was suggested by some random on Facebook.

Agree that the tag was made to help teams like the Bengals and that JJ will not be traded for. You're right as well that Tee willl play if tagged, but does he go all in ? AJ Green and Bates did not and they are ProBowl caliber players and don't believe Tee will either. He will cash the check and count down to the days of his long term contract. If he does this there is absolutely no chance the Bengals tag him another year per he would not be worth it and would walk without compensation. 

Imho there is only two choices, trade him or sign him and make him happy. Either can work if he does not break the bank. 

Everybody knows my preferred solution, trade him and move up for Nabors or Bowers and use Tee's money on DL. Yet will not hate signing Tee per like the kid a lot, just don't think it is the right avenue to travel for the long haul.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 09:12 PM)depthchart Wrote: The Bengals may have to go to only 2 wide receiver sets to have enough footballs to go around to keep them both Happy.   Tongue

all the TEs makes sense then
Reply/Quote
Minnesota is wanting to trade JJ, but Tee and two first round picks is lunacy. Tee and a 2nd rounder maybe. Fun to speculate now though knowing if he did come here and something happened to Burrow, we still have Browning to toss it.
Reply/Quote
I'm just enjoying the show that Ja'Marr and Tyler promoted, fans are a wild breed. It'd sure be fun to watch the LSU boys back together.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 08:15 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Minnesota is wanting to trade JJ, but Tee and two first round picks is lunacy. Tee and a 2nd rounder maybe. Fun to speculate now though knowing if he did come here and something happened to Burrow, we still have Browning to toss it.

is he going onto his 5th year option?
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 10:03 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You guys are getting trolled so hard.

You're smarter than this.

Trolling is just having fun at someone else's expense. The fact that Ja'Marr and the Bengals front office and Seifert and Eifert are involved in trolling Bengals fans during the legal tampering period is clever but not amusing.  But I guess they have tons of money and can make fun of anyone they want.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 07:04 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree that the tag was made to help teams like the Bengals and that JJ will not be traded for. You're right as well that Tee willl play if tagged, but does he go all in ? AJ Green and Bates did not and they are ProBowl caliber players and don't believe Tee will either. He will cash the check and count down to the days of his long term contract. If he does this there is absolutely no chance the Bengals tag him another year per he would not be worth it and would walk without compensation. 

Imho there is only two choices, trade him or sign him and make him happy. Either can work if he does not break the bank. 

Everybody knows my preferred solution, trade him and move up for Nabors or Bowers and use Tee's money on DL. Yet will not hate signing Tee per like the kid a lot, just don't think it is the right avenue to travel for the long haul.  

They kinda missed the boat on DL. It’s slim pickings. Who out there is worth a big deal? If they don’t give Tee a deal then I have no idea what they’re saving their dollars for
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 08:15 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Minnesota is wanting to trade JJ, but Tee and two first round picks is lunacy. Tee and a 2nd rounder maybe. Fun to speculate now though knowing if he did come here and something happened to Burrow, we still have Browning to toss it.

Uh...so you think the difference between a 3x All Pro, and former Offensive Player of the Year with 5800+ yards and a guy who's had a couple of 1000 yard seasons, never made a Pro Bowl, and has 3600+ yards in the same span is a 2nd?
Reply/Quote

Thinking they would take Tee and a 2nd rounder is lunacy. Tee only has one year left on his rookie deal and needs to be re-signed. 

It'll take Tee and AT LEAST a first and a second Id imagine. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 09:54 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Thinking they would take Tee and a 2nd rounder is lunacy. Tee only has one year left on his rookie deal and needs to be re-signed. 

It'll take Tee and AT LEAST a first and a second Id imagine. 

What about Tee and swap our first for their 2nd

*i dont think its likely we get JJ just spitballing
Reply/Quote
I actually hate the idea. Sure it would be cool seeing Chase and JJ on the same team. Kinda hard to get them the ball when Burrow is on his ass or out (knocks on wood) with another injury. Let’s focus on the real issue, the lines. Can we fix that already. Besides if we want to tie that much up in 3 players, why not just resign Tee.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 10:06 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I actually hate the idea. Sure it would be cool seeing Chase and JJ on the same team. Kinda hard to get them the ball when Burrow is on his ass or out (knocks on wood) with another injury. Let’s focus on the real issue, the lines. Can we fix that already. Besides if we want to tie that much up in 3 players, why not just resign Tee.

Because the issue doesn't seem to be that the Bengals have an issue paying two top WR's(if there's truth to this).  The issue seems to be the club doesn't feel Higgins is worth being paid like a top WR.

For another, they've worked on fixing the lines the past two years and are no better off for it.  The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 09:22 AM)Whatever Wrote: Uh...so you think the difference between a 3x All Pro, and former Offensive Player of the Year with 5800+ yards and a guy who's had a couple of 1000 yard seasons, never made a Pro Bowl, and has 3600+ yards in the same span is a 2nd?

Yep. Higgins would have more if he wasn't the number two behind Chase. Not saying he would have JJ's numbers, but they would be better if Chase wasn't on the field. A second is closer than 2 firsts.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 10:32 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yep. Higgins would have more if he wasn't the number two behind Chase. Not saying he would have JJ's numbers, but they would be better if Chase wasn't on the field. A second is closer than 2 firsts.

That is possibly a faulty argument, as it could also be reasoned that Higgins had 2 great years because of Chase drawing double coverage on the opposite side of the field.  Higgins' rookie year he was the man, he looked good, but not so damn good that the Bengals were going to pass on Chase.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 10:38 PM)kevin Wrote: Tee and 2 first round picks.  OK, Tee wants out of here now. He wants traded. Which mean his agent will tell him to never play for Bengals and risk injury now, if he wants Big Money Long Term on another team. We will never see Higgins play for Bengals again,, because he wants out of Cincinnati right now. 

So Higgins is no issue, but 2 first round picks are.  I think it's a lot, even for Jefferson. 

Then you mention 30 million each, plus what Burrow just got paid.  I guess we can say good-bye to a good Defense or hopes of having good Blockers if all the money is going to go to Burrow, Chase, Jefferson.  It would be great in Fantasy Football, but not so great if you want a Super Bowl Defense and a Super Bowl O Line in real football.

I look to Cleveland trading all these first round picks for Watson, and I say let's not. 

Tee Higgins is not going to leave 21M on the table.  Zero chance.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 10:52 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Tee Higgins is not going to leave 21M on the table.  Zero chance.

He'll likely hold out all of camp and sign the contract at the last possible minute.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 10:54 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I think he meant a Natty light and a year with her..... Ninja

Well, that would work too....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Minnesota hangs up immediately. Jefferson is significantly better than Tee in a vacuum and that's not even the only thing to focus on. Honestly, in this hypothetical scenario, I am not entirely convinced that the Vikings want Tee. Part of the argument for trading Jefferson is to avoid a big extension. I don't see why the Vikings would do a WR swap for a clearly inferior receiver that is already done with his rookie contract. Tee won't be as expensive as JJ, but he is still likely to fall into the $23MM-$25MM range. If the argument is "they need a strong receiver for their rookie QB" then the counter would be....to....just keep JJ? Especially if you're going to say they aren't netting valuable picks out of the trade. It just doesn't make any sense. 

I think the Vikings, if they look to trade JJ seriously, are going to look for a haul of picks and not a guy like Tee that is already ready for a second contract. I think a good litmus test would be to try to reverse this onto Cincinnati. If Burrow retired today and Cincinnati looked to trade Chase, would you be happy with Jaylen Waddle and a 2nd round pick? I sure as shit wouldn't be. 
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 10:55 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Minnesota hangs up immediately. Jefferson is significantly better than Tee in a vacuum and that's not even the only thing to focus on. Honestly, in this hypothetical scenario, I am not entirely convinced that the Vikings want Tee. Part of the argument for trading Jefferson is to avoid a big extension. I don't see why the Vikings would do a WR swap for a clearly inferior receiver that is already done with his rookie contract. Tee won't be as expensive as JJ, but he is still likely to fall into the $23MM-$25MM range. If the argument is "they need a strong receiver for their rookie QB" then the counter would be....to....just keep JJ? Especially if you're going to say they aren't netting valuable picks out of the trade. It just doesn't make any sense. 

I think the Vikings, if they look to trade JJ seriously, are going to look for a haul of picks and not a guy like Tee that is already ready for a second contract. I think a good litmus test would be to try to reverse this onto Cincinnati. If Burrow retired today and Cincinnati looked to trade Chase, would you be happy with Jaylen Waddle and a 2nd round pick? I sure as shit wouldn't be. 

You want to bring logic into this? 
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 10:55 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Minnesota hangs up immediately. Jefferson is significantly better than Tee in a vacuum and that's not even the only thing to focus on. Honestly, in this hypothetical scenario, I am not entirely convinced that the Vikings want Tee. Part of the argument for trading Jefferson is to avoid a big extension. I don't see why the Vikings would do a WR swap for a clearly inferior receiver that is already done with his rookie contract. Tee won't be as expensive as JJ, but he is still likely to fall into the $23MM-$25MM range. If the argument is "they need a strong receiver for their rookie QB" then the counter would be....to....just keep JJ? Especially if you're going to say they aren't netting valuable picks out of the trade. It just doesn't make any sense. 

Would you be happy with Tee and a 1st though???

C12Schleyer

[Image: 175fb1ebe161ecda7fb32824e3682755.jpg]
Reply/Quote