Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Jeffrey Epstein Arrest
Not that Americans care because it's not a Dem (they've also ignored Trump bragging about sexual assault, and the true Pizzagate that Trump and his family is deep in as we saw during the underage sex sting) but a long time Trump accuser is getting a legitimate review of her claims given her initial claim looks to have more facts now that Epstein has been arrested.

https://www.vox.com/2019/7/7/20685023/billionaire-jeffrey-epstein-arrested-minor-sex-trafficking-charges

Google the name Katie Johnson, and now think back and read up on her accusations.

Will Americans ignore this like the claims of Trump entering in dressing rooms of underaged girls during his pageants?

Hopefully they can take a break from criticizing Biden for putting his hand on someone's shoulder and focus on those who brags about sexual assault while being accused by over 22 women.

I think we know how Americans will react.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(07-08-2019, 12:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: Not that Americans care because it's not a Dem (they've also ignored Trump bragging about sexual assault, and the true Pizzagate that Trump and his family is deep in as we saw during the underage sex sting) but a long time Trump accuser is getting a legitimate review of her claims given her initial claim looks to have more facts now that Epstein has been arrested.

https://www.vox.com/2019/7/7/20685023/billionaire-jeffrey-epstein-arrested-minor-sex-trafficking-charges

Google the name Katie Johnson, and now think back and read up on her accusations.

Will Americans ignore this like the claims of Trump entering in dressing rooms of underaged girls during his pageants?

Hopefully they can take a break from criticizing Biden for putting his hand on someone's shoulder and focus on those who brags about sexual assault while being accused by over 22 women.

This might/could/should roll over men from both parties...and I'm good with that.

Also there's a whole thread about Epstein getting a light sentence.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Trump-s-new-Sec-of-Labor-has-some-baggage
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
(07-08-2019, 12:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: Not that Americans care because it's not a Dem (they've also ignored Trump bragging about sexual assault, and the true Pizzagate that Trump and his family is deep in as we saw during the underage sex sting) but a long time Trump accuser is getting a legitimate review of her claims given her initial claim looks to have more facts now that Epstein has been arrested.

I hope they get enough to put Epstein away and bust many players in his game.

I'm sure you will most likely be disappointed because from everything I know, it will be hard to pin anything on Trump,
Epstein raped a girl at the Mars-a-Lago and Trump has banned him from it. Not only that, but Trump was one of the few big players that actually talked to the original prosecutors about the case and gave them a lot of credible information.

However, if Trump is implicated in it, then by all means get him outa there.

I truly feel for you. I hope that by now you’ve grown numb to the sheer disappointment that none of your crazy delusional Trump conspiracies have panned out. If you really believe the post above you’re in for a whole new level of disappointment.

How many unsubstantiated accusations that were well investigated and found to be false will it take before you just get over it and move on?
(07-09-2019, 03:21 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: I truly feel for you.  I hope that by now you’ve grown numb to the sheer disappointment that none of your crazy delusional Trump conspiracies have panned out.  If you really believe the post above you’re in for a whole new level of disappointment.  

How many unsubstantiated accusations that were well investigated and found to be false will it take before you just get over it and move on?

They were?
(07-09-2019, 03:21 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: I truly feel for you.  I hope that by now you’ve grown numb to the sheer disappointment that none of your crazy delusional Trump conspiracies have panned out.  If you really believe the post above you’re in for a whole new level of disappointment.  

Speak of these results please? Link? If you got to make stuff up to try to take shots at individuals who have some common decency and don't particulary care or think it's cool to act or raise our kids like Trump as you do, you are losing.......

In the mean time...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-called-epstein-a-terrific-guy-before-denying-relationship-with-him/2019/07/08/a01e0f00-a1be-11e9-bd56-eac6bb02d01d_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.fcce5cc39bf2

Quote: Back in 2002, when Jeffrey Epstein was known only as a mysterious financial whiz with a private island and a roster of A-list friends, being friendly with him was something to boast about. And Donald Trump did.

“I’ve known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy,” Trump told New York Magazine that year for a story headlined “Jeffrey Epstein: International Moneyman of Mystery.” “He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it — Jeffrey enjoys his social life.”

Now, Epstein is in jail, charged with sex trafficking by federal prosecutors who allege he abused dozens of underage women in New York and Palm Beach, Fla. He is no longer a friend anyone would want to claim.

And now, Trump doesn’t.

Sounds like you still getting conned and demanding we get conned with you. Sad! It won't happen. Some of us have pride in our Country and the Office of the Presidency, and for that we won't stand silent so that folks can push Trump as our moral compass, and representative of the American spirit as you guys want so badly for us to.

Trump is your idol, your moral compass, and he represents your way of life and how you raise your family and kids. Say what you want about me, but I'm proud to resist.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Republicans: "Bill Clintons friend Jeffery Epstein arrested for sex trafficking minors."

Democrats: "Donald Trumps friend Jeffery Epstein arrested for sex trafficking minors."
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(07-09-2019, 11:35 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Republicans: "Bill Clintons friend Jeffery Epstein arrested for sex trafficking minors."

Democrats: "Donald Trumps friend Jeffery Epstein arrested for sex trafficking minors."

/thread

Remember when the Clinton's said Trump was a great guy?

[Image: a0d6a5d54f5dd80ceb08db3d7bef234f]
(07-09-2019, 11:35 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Republicans: "Bill Clintons friend Jeffery Epstein arrested for sex trafficking minors."

Democrats: "Trump administration Labor Secretary Alex Acosta eschewed justice by hand delivering a sweetheart deal for Jeffrey Epstein; labeling the minor victims as prostitutes and denied their rights to input on the sealed judgement."

Republicans: "What about her EMAILS!"  
(07-09-2019, 08:54 AM)jj22 Wrote: Speak of these results please? Link? If you got to make stuff up to try to take shots at individuals who have some common decency and don't particulary care or think it's cool to act or raise our kids like Trump as you do, you are losing.......

In the mean time...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-called-epstein-a-terrific-guy-before-denying-relationship-with-him/2019/07/08/a01e0f00-a1be-11e9-bd56-eac6bb02d01d_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.fcce5cc39bf2

Sounds like you still getting conned and demanding we get conned with you. Sad! It won't happen. Some of us have pride in our Country and the Office of the Presidency, and for that we won't stand silent so that folks can push Trump as our moral compass, and representative of the American spirit as you guys want so badly for us to.

Trump is your idol, your moral compass, and he represents your way of life and how you raise your family and kids. Say what you want about me, but I'm proud to resist.

No one has claimed Trump as their Idol, you just making stuff up or trying to take it to a personal level. Everyone has their flaws. Trump included.

What does what you posted mean?

I know some people that I thought were decent people, turns out later in life one was arrested for beating his infant another was arrested for sexually molesting his daughter. That doesn't mean I was a part of that or condoned what they did. Just means at the time I thought they were decent people, turns out later that they had a dark side that I was unaware of. Same situation I see here with Trump, but as I said, if Trump participated in any part (recruiting molesting etc) then hang him high and dry.

Trump doesn't represent anything but he is our POTUS, not sure how anyone is modeling their lives after his. Unless you count being somewhat successful and raising your children to be successful as well??? I think that's something we all want, but  there is multiple ways to get there. Why are you so jealous of Trump and his success?

Who on here is claiming that your Pride is less than someone else's? Not sure why you feel threatened about it.
(07-09-2019, 12:03 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Democrats: "Trump administration Labor Secretary Alex Acosta eschewed justice by hand delivering a sweetheart deal for Jeffrey Epstein; labeling the minor victims as prostitutes and denied their rights to input on the sealed judgement."

[Image: jped.jpg]
(07-09-2019, 12:04 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Trump doesn't represent anything but he is our POTUS, not sure how anyone is modeling their lives after his. Unless you count being somewhat successful and raising your children to be successful as well??? I think that's something we all want, but  there is multiple ways to get there. Why are you so jealous of Trump and his success?

Who on here is claiming that your Pride is less than someone else's? Not sure why you feel threatened about it.

Herein lies the crux of the situation.  An inexact cognizance of 'success' really clouds the discussion.
(07-09-2019, 12:03 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Democrats: "Trump administration Labor Secretary Alex Acosta eschewed justice by hand delivering a sweetheart deal for Jeffrey Epstein; labeling the minor victims as prostitutes and denied their rights to input on the sealed judgement."

I said this in another thread and it bears repeating here.  Do you really think Acosta was the architect of this deal?  Do you really think his superiors had a huge hand, if not the only hand, in what happened in this case.  A high profile case involving a POTUS and the alleged perpetrator is a billionaire with extensive connections.  You think his superiors gave Acosta free reign to act as he pleases?

It's like blaming Paul Tibbets for bombing Hiroshima. 
(07-09-2019, 12:20 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I said this in another thread and it bears repeating here.  Do you really think Acosta was the architect of this deal?  Do you really think his superiors had a huge hand, if not the only hand, in what happened in this case.  A high profile case involving a POTUS and the alleged perpetrator is a billionaire with extensive connections.  You think his superiors gave Acosta free reign to act as he pleases?

I may be missing something here.  Are we full circle back to Clinton again?

Sure.  There were almost certainly other hands in the cookie jar on this one.  But bottom line, Acosta is top of the play bill.   I know that I personally wouldn't sign my name to that document.  But I also wouldn't appoint someone who did to my cabinet either.  

Quote:It's like blaming Paul Tibbets for bombing Hiroshima. 

Far better comparisons exist.  
(07-09-2019, 12:20 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I said this in another thread and it bears repeating here.  Do you really think Acosta was the architect of this deal?  Do you really think his superiors had a huge hand, if not the only hand, in what happened in this case.  A high profile case involving a POTUS and the alleged perpetrator is a billionaire with extensive connections.  You think his superiors gave Acosta free reign to act as he pleases?

It's like blaming Paul Tibbets for bombing Hiroshima. 

Personally I think Acosta showed zero moral fiber in going ahead with the deal but that there are others further up the chain need called on to the carpet for it also.

Maybe that will happen.

Did Acosta come out and say what happened with Epstein was wrong?  Now he is saying he supports new charges..not that the deal he signed off on was bad.

Tibbets apparently never had a regret for the bomb.  He felt it was his patriotic duty during a time of war with an aggressive nation that attacked the US.  Not a great comparison.
(07-09-2019, 01:27 PM)GMDino Wrote: Personally I think Acosta showed zero moral fiber in going ahead with the deal but that there are others further up the chain need called on to the carpet for it also.

While I'd be inclined to agree, you have no idea of the scenario or the decisions being made way above his head.  A case this significant, potentially involving a former POTUS, even peripherally, I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn the AG themselves personally signed off on this.

Quote:Maybe that will happen.

Maybe.  I doubt it though, as everyone seems focused on Acosta as the face of the decision.  It might have something to do with being able to attack Trump directly over this.  Maybe.

Quote:Did Acosta come out and say what happened with Epstein was wrong?  Now he is saying he supports new charges..not that the deal he signed off on was bad.

I think you're unaware of the ethical soup Acosta would be in if he publicly slagged a deal he made in court.  It would be giving the middle finger to the entire court process and would make everyone involved, including the bench officer, look bad.  Not being a lawyer I can't say for certain, but I'd be willing to bet this would be something he could be disbarred for doing.

Quote:Tibbets apparently never had a regret for the bomb.  He felt it was his patriotic duty during a time of war with an aggressive nation that attacked the US.  Not a great comparison.

Actually it is, and his having regrets or not has zero to do with the comparison.  Tibbets carried out the mission, but he never would have been on the mission if generals above him didn't order him on the mission and they never would have made the order if Truman hadn't given it to them.  Seems like a very accurate comparison to me.
(07-09-2019, 12:49 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I may be missing something here.  Are we full circle back to Clinton again?

Not even a little.  merely stating the undisputed fact that Clinton became attached to this case, however peripherally.  That being a fact the idea that higher ups had a major role in this decision seems far more likely.  Dead certain IMO.  As I've stated, it wouldn't shock me at all to learn that the AG at the time personally signed off on this decision.

Quote:Sure.  There were almost certainly other hands in the cookie jar on this one.  But bottom line, Acosta is top of the play bill.   I know that I personally wouldn't sign my name to that document.  But I also wouldn't appoint someone who did to my cabinet either. 

I think we'd all like to think we'd have the moral fiber to potentially ruin our professional lives by opposing a decision we thought unethical or shady.  Problem is, when you're immersed in such a scenario it's rarely that simple.  This is compounded by the fact that far more powerful people are the ones actually making the decision.  As you say, Acosta is just the face of this deal, I don't think the lion's share of blame for it should fall on him. 

Quote:Far better comparisons exist.  

As I explained above I completely disagree.  Please feel free to explain otherwise though.
(07-09-2019, 12:04 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: No one has claimed Trump as their Idol, you just making stuff up or trying to take it to a personal level. Everyone has their flaws. Trump included.

What does what you posted mean?

I know some people that I thought were decent people, turns out later in life one was arrested for beating his infant another was arrested for sexually molesting his daughter. That doesn't mean I was a part of that or condoned what they did. Just means at the time I thought they were decent people, turns out later that they had a dark side that I was unaware of. Same situation I see here with Trump, but as I said, if Trump participated in any part (recruiting molesting etc) then hang him high and dry.

Trump doesn't represent anything but he is our POTUS, not sure how anyone is modeling their lives after his. Unless you count being somewhat successful and raising your children to be successful as well??? I think that's something we all want, but  there is multiple ways to get there. Why are you so jealous of Trump and his success?

Some would say that Trump has a dark side we are all aware of.  And children can see what a president is allowed to say or do. They have no memory of a time when presidents didn't call women "pigs" and "ugly."  Sexual assault accusations are both many and meaningless when aimed at this president.  Murder of a journalist will not stand in the way of defense contracts. All that sets a new standard of acceptability in the behavior of public servants.

Yet others disagree on what counts as a "dark side."  Trump's vicious behavior on twitter and his amorality on foreign policy fall within their range of tolerance. These behaviors, like Trump's many bankruptcies and divorces, don't prevent him from appearing "somewhat successful."

Do you think that prosecutors are going after Epstein because they are jealous of his success?
(07-09-2019, 03:53 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Not even a little.  merely stating the undisputed fact that Clinton became attached to this case, however peripherally.  That being a fact the idea that higher ups had a major role in this decision seems far more likely.  Dead certain IMO.  As I've stated, it wouldn't shock me at all to learn that the AG at the time personally signed off on this decision.

I understand the connection to Clinton using his plane or whatever... Am I to believe good old  Al 'water board 'em if you got 'em' Gonzales directed Acosta's hand for the sake of old saxamaphone bill?  

I don't doubt others signed off on it, but I find it more likely big ol' kenny 'let me sniff your stogie' starr was able to call in a favor for his client.

But, hey, this is all speculation.  what we do know is poor alex 'don't call it prosecution' acosta was absolutely involved.    

Quote:I think we'd all like to think we'd have the moral fiber to potentially ruin our professional lives by opposing a decision we thought unethical or shady.  Problem is, when you're immersed in such a scenario it's rarely that simple.  This is compounded by the fact that far more powerful people are the ones actually making the decision.  

I pass up lucrative business deals on the daily knowing they do not conform to standards; legal, ethical or others.  I completely agree with the position of power, but a better person would have found a creative way to either stymie that coarse of action (anonymous whistleblower) or absolve themselves of the duty (quit and be able to sleep at night knowing you are not enabling a child predator).

That being said, the more you've forced me to think about it, these attributes make him the perfect trump admin nominee.  Not surprising when put in context.

Quote:As you say, Acosta is just the face of this deal, I don't think the lion's share of blame for it should fall on him.  

Well, lets start with putting blame on him and see where it takes us.  Gotta start somewhere.  

Quote:As I explained above I completely disagree.  Please feel free to explain otherwise though.

I get what you're driving at there partner, just found it a bit perfunctory.  

As if I couldn't get any more self-satisfied that I threw my vote away on a 3rd party candidate.