Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jeremy Hill Says Bye To Bengals
In a Tweet and welcomes on free agency!

I didn’t think the guy could be any dumber!

Jeremy Hill tweeted his good-bye to the Bengals on Wednesday.

“Been one hell of a ride Cincinnati on to the next chapter,” Hill wrote.

Hill, 25, hits free agency at just the wrong time. The free agent market is crowded, and this year’s draft class features several top-flight running backs.

“I’m not nervous at all,” Hill told Jim Owczarski of The Cincinnati Enquirer. “I think the chips will fall where they may, and I’m good with that going forward. I’m going to put the work in and when you do that you can sleep good at night knowing you did everything you could, and that’s what I’m going to do.”

Hill is coming off the worst statistical season of his career, with 37 carries for 116 yards and no touchdowns, while rehabbing from ankle surgery that ended his season after seven games.

“We just thought it would be best for me to have surgery and make sure I’m good to go going forward, putting my career over this season,” Hill said of his decision to have surgery, which surprised coach Marvin Lewis. “That was a decision that I felt was best for me going forward, and that’s what I did.”

https://www.google.com/amp/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/31/jeremy-hill-not-afraid-of-free-agency-as-he-bids-farewell-to-bengals/amp/

Who does he think will sign him?!

He just committed career suicide! He’ll be lucky to get an Arena League contract!
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 09:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: In a Tweet and welcomes on free agency!

Hill, 25, hits free agency at just the wrong time. The free agent market is crowded, and this year’s draft class features several top-flight running backs.

“I’m not nervous at all,” Hill told Jim Owczarski of The Cincinnati Enquirer. “I think the chips will fall where they may, and I’m good with that going forward. I’m going to put the work in and when you do that you can sleep good at night knowing you did everything you could, and that’s what I’m going to do.”

Hill is coming off the worst statistical season of his career, with 37 carries for 116 yards and no touchdowns, while rehabbing from ankle surgery that ended his season after seven games.

“We just thought it would be best for me to have surgery and make sure I’m good to go going forward, putting my career over this season,” Hill said of his decision to have surgery, which surprised coach Marvin Lewis. “That was a decision that I felt was best for me going forward, and that’s what I did.”

https://www.google.com/amp/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/31/jeremy-hill-not-afraid-of-free-agency-as-he-bids-farewell-to-bengals/amp/

He just committed career suicide! He’ll be lucky to get an Arena League contract!

Some team will sign him on a "prove it" deal, and I suspect he will.  

I hold no ill will toward Jeremy Hill.  He gave us a tremendous rookie season, backed it up with an "OK" second season (prior to "the fumble"), but things have went downhill for him since.

Perhaps he finds new life on a new team?  I hope he does.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I've supporter JH more than most on here; however, his comment that: “We (assuming we is him and his stakeholders) just thought it would be best for me to have surgery and make sure I’m good to go going forward, putting my career over this season,” shows extreme selfishness.

Perhaps it was the right decision; however, it should have come with agreement from the team that was paying his bills that year.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

What is career suicide about that? He said he’s ready to move forward. He should be, I imagine the bengals probably told him they weren’t interested in re-signing him, not that they’d have to since everyone knew both sides were ready to move on. I don’t see anything wrong with what he said. And the surgery was his call, not the Bengals, I have no problem with him doing what is best for him. Good luck to him elsewhere, if he gets to play behind a good line I think he’ll return to form
Reply/Quote
The guy was mediocre to flat out bad after his rookie season. I remember having such high hopes for him...it’s a shame he didn’t pan out here.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Gio, Mixon and Hill all proved to be mostly mediocre or worse with Paul Alexander's blocking schemes. Gio and Mixon got to show their true colors once that scheme was changed (something that has been confirmed by Hobspin), but Hill was injured by that point, so unfortunately we didn't get to see for sure that scheme was the issue with Hill.

I think Hill will ball out this year. Most of the people who bash him only do so because of the fumble or the dancing.

Performance-wise, I think it's pretty obvious PA and his schemes hurt all of our RB's.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I think he's a talented back but he has played like crap the last few years. I wouldn't be surprised if he tears it up next year; i also wouldn't be surprised if he ends up stinking it up.
Reply/Quote
I have nothing against JH. He would have been sitting behind Mixon all season long which probably wouldn't add to his resume so he's moving on to hopefully resurrect his career. I see no fault in wanting to have the chance elsewhere..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
[Image: 200.gif]

Reply/Quote
I feel no ill will towards J Hill. Good luck to him in his next chapter. But if he goes to the steAlers, I’ll will wish syphillis, gonorrhea, and leprosy on the young man. Sorry, it’s nothing personal, just business.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
I could have sworn it was obvious Hill wasn't coming back when the team drafted Mixon last April Hmm
Reply/Quote
I got issue with Hill his tweet or choice to get surgery mid season. Careers are short for guys like him and with Nixon draft he probably saw the writing on the wall. Smart kid. Good luck
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 11:34 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I feel no ill will towards J Hill.  Good luck to him in his next chapter.  But if he goes to the steAlers, I’ll will wish syphillis, gonorrhea, and leprosy on the young man.  Sorry, it’s nothing personal, just business.

Doubt that will ever happen. Even if you ignore his play on the field...

[Image: jeremy-hill-towel.jpg?itok=A04Spdi2]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
In the right team and scheme Hill can be effective. He needs to be careful and even take less money to sign with that right team - namely one with a good power blocking line.
Reply/Quote

Shut up, Brad.

He didn't commit anything.

Anyways, guy was awesome that rookie year and in 2015 when he just bowled people over for TDs. '16 was a mediocre year, I thought he would be lights out this year, but the team barely played him.

Wish him nothing but the best.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 11:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: 200.gif]

Absolutely perfect gif for this topic!!!  Rep!!
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 10:48 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I think he's a talented back but he has played like crap the last few years. I wouldn't be surprised if he tears it up next year; i also wouldn't be surprised if he ends up stinking it up.

Agree with this completely. 

Do not blame the dancing on him per seeing other backs do it behind PA lines many times. Seemed they used him wrong at times too trying to get him to turn the corner on outside when he is a runner that needs to get behind his pads. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I don't understand.

What did he do wrong?
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2018, 01:26 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I don't understand.

What did he do wrong?

He didn't do anything wrong. Not sure why Brad thinks this is a bad thing. 

Good luck to Hill. Stay away from Dallas. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2018, 01:26 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I don't understand.

What did he do wrong?

Believe he was talking about his decision to have season ending surgery to get ready for FA instead of wanting to help his team. Think he said "putting my career over this (your) season"

But it is a business and everybody has to look out for themselves. Plus the Bengals had already drafted his replacement so do not think it is career suicide by any means.

Do think it will be a "prove it" type short contract he will get and monetarily will not be for as much as he would probably like though. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote