Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Jeremy Hill being a crybaby on Twitter
[Image: 91fif6.jpg]

Kinda makes me not like him as much....
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
I swear if I was an owner I would forbid any player that played for my team from being on social media. There's a reason it's called "twit". And I guess they don't teach punctuation at LSU....
Reply/Quote
He's speaking the truth. Lame to focus on someone elses money. They make theirs, make yours....

So what athletes make more money. If we had to worry about quality of life at the age of 35, I hope we would have gotten paid for it too.

Lame to hate on other peoples money. Focus on you and what you can do to better yourself.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Um...from those Tweets posted, I don't see a "crybaby" at all.

What he says is the truth. Most football players, unless they get that massive 2nd or 3rd deal, are playing for far less than a competent and educated person would make in a lifetime. Considering the average NFL career is what, 3 years?
Reply/Quote
While I really could care less how much an athlete makes, a couple of points here...
A) Yes, athletes have a small window to make the huge sums they make, but that only has to last them a lifetime if their plan for after football is to sit on their butts and do nothing. How about a second career, or third? Business ventures?
B) The money he says has to last him a lifetime is more than most people make in a lifetime, so don't blow it on stupid things and you should be golden.
C) Making more money does not in and of itself give people reason to criticize you, but fumbling the football and costing your team a playoff win certainly does.....how about focusing on hanging onto the ball and not worry what someone says about you on twitter..... 
Reply/Quote
The only reason he would have to save that all his NFL money is if he didnt want to work anymore. Thats why you go to college. Many people go and have careers after the NFL. Besides careers, most players invest that money into something I.E. Chad Johnson's Cigars, property, Willie Anderson's burger joint..etc.....

If he believes that is all the money he will make the rest of his life he has already failed then.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2016, 09:55 AM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote: The only reason he would have to save that all his NFL money is if he didnt want to work anymore. Thats why you go to college. Many people go and have careers after the NFL. Besides careers, most players invest that money into something I.E. Chad Johnson's Cigars, property, Willie Anderson's burger joint..etc.....

If he believes that is all the money he will make the rest of his life he has already failed then.
You know how often pro athletes and those "investments" fail and they lose their ass? There is a reason 16% of NFL players file for bankruptcy within 12 years of retirement. All of them are told to make outside investments and plenty of those fail. Let's not act like it is as easy as "just" starting up a side business.

The whole already failed comment is kind of funny when you think about it. I guess it is all in perspective, but the guy is one of the 32 best at his profession in the entire world. I don't know about you, but I'm not one of the 32 best in the world at what I do. I would take needing some help and advice in the financial part of my life to be one of the 32 best at my profession.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2016, 08:23 AM)Trademark Wrote: [Image: 91fif6.jpg]

I see no crybaby in this... Thanks for wasting my time.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
How is he being a "cry baby", he's speaking the truth.

Wth.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2016, 09:20 AM)Sled21 Wrote: While I really could care less how much an athlete makes, a couple of points here...
A) Yes, athletes have a small window to make the huge sums they make, but that only has to last them a lifetime if their plan for after football is to sit on their butts and do nothing. How about a second career, or third? Business ventures?
B) The money he says has to last him a lifetime is more than most people make in a lifetime, so don't blow it on stupid things and you should be golden.
C) Making more money does not in and of itself give people reason to criticize you, but fumbling the football and costing your team a playoff win certainly does.....how about focusing on hanging onto the ball and not worry what someone says about you on twitter..... 

Right use that college degree. if they were smart enough to finish school
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2016, 10:07 AM)Au165 Wrote: You know how often pro athletes and those "investments" fail and they lose their ass? There is a reason 16% of NFL players file for bankruptcy within 12 years of retirement. All of them are told to make outside investments and plenty of those fail. Let's not act like it is as easy as "just" starting up a side business.

The whole already failed comment is kind of funny when you think about it. I guess it is all in perspective, but the guy is one of the 32 best at his profession in the entire world. I don't know about you, but I'm not one of the 32 best in the world at what I do. I would take needing some help and advice in the financial part of my life to be one of the 32 best at my profession.

16% for real? Take a look at the average american and get back to me.

Give me millions and see if I cry.

If he holds onto money the same way he does a football he is screwed.

Lets ask all these early retirees if that is all the money they will make.
Reply/Quote
Nothing he said sounds like crying to me.

I feel that these comments have been taken out of context on purpose. If you are poing to criticie Jeremy please post enough so we know what he is even talking about.

I pretty much guarantee the post made by the fan the Jeremy is responding to sounds more like crying than what Jeremy said.

Basically a total waste of time "set up" just trying to make Jeremy look bad.
Reply/Quote
Well I dont agree with how he posted it. I do agree with he earned it. Thats more than I can say for some.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2016, 08:23 AM)Trademark Wrote: [Image: 91fif6.jpg]

The only cry baby in your post is you!
Reply/Quote
Man, I wish all the insane love for Hill last off-season and all the insane hate for him this off-season could meet head to head for a pier 6 brawl.

I suppose I'm the crazy one for trying to convince people last year that Hill wasn't going to rush 50 times a game for 2,700 yards and I'm crazy this year for even pointing out that Hill was in no way the ONE guy who lost the game for us in the playoffs. Off-season histrionics strike again...and they're about Hill 2 years in a row. Neat.
Reply/Quote
Social Media is stpid.

I hate it.

Reply/Quote
I don't get it what's wrong with him asked to be adressed in a respectful manner.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
The only point that Jeremy Hill makes that irks me is the "gotta last a lifetime" comment.

Sure, if you make enough within your NFL career, it can last a lifetime, but it sure doesn't HAVE to. A player can go join a different league (for less money), become an analyst or broadcaster, or even go to a completely different career path after the NFL. A person's income doesn't have to stop once they are out of the NFL.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2016, 10:07 AM)Au165 Wrote: You know how often pro athletes and those "investments" fail and they lose their ass? There is a reason 16% of NFL players file for bankruptcy within 12 years of retirement. All of them are told to make outside investments and plenty of those fail. Let's not act like it is as easy as "just" starting up a side business.

The reason the bulk of those investments fail is because they are not smart investments to begin with.  If you're smart with your money, and don't trust your cousin Ted to be your Financial Manager, the money can last a very long time.  As others have pointed out, they do also go to college.  There are plenty of athletes who complete their education either while they are playing, or go back to school after the career is over (I think they can actually go complete their degree for free in most cases).  There are plenty of ways to set yourself up for life after football.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2016, 12:12 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: The reason the bulk of those investments fail is because they are not smart investments to begin with.  If you're smart with your money, and don't trust your cousin Ted to be your Financial Manager, the money can last a very long time.  As others have pointed out, they do also go to college.  There are plenty of athletes who complete their education either while they are playing, or go back to school after the career is over (I think they can actually go complete their degree for free in most cases).  There are plenty of ways to set yourself up for life after football.

Many have been through actual financial advisors, not their cousin Ted. Some of them were very legitimate franchises and such that just didn't work. Some were good investments on paper, but bad management of the company sank their money. Any venture capitalist will tell you that almost 75% of the companies they fund eventually fail. You win by having one or two really win, but these sports guys can't afford to take a couple losses like these big firms can.

This was just based around the investment in companies comment someone made earlier. The reality is if they wanted to live off 60k a year they could take all the money and move it into a safe low return investment strategy. However, they are human and it's tough for any human to change their standard of living severally after becoming accustomed to a certain way. I'm not talking spending millions a year, but to go from spending 200k a year to 60k a year is a big lifestyle change. They tend to have to take on riskier investments to try and maintain a high standard of living.

It is not unique to football players really, look at the population as a whole. Most are grossly under prepared for their requirement.
Reply/Quote