Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Jeremy Hill far ahead of his production last year
'14....6 games....170 rushing yds....3 tds
'15....6 games....232 rushing yds....6 tds
Reply/Quote
Clearly he is a second half (of the season) type back...
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 05:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: '14....6 games....1 START....40 CARRIES....170 rushing yds....4.25 YPC....3 tds....0 FUMBLES
'15....6 games....6 STARTS....74 CARRIES....232 rushing yds....3.1 YPC....6 tds....2 FUMBLES

Filled in some crucially "missed" data for you, Fred. Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Ah cherry picking.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 05:38 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Filled in some crucially "missed" data for you, Fred. Ninja

I'm not sure why FredToast even bothers; it isn't as if he's tricking anyone.  Hill has been a disappointment thus far, that is a fact.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 05:38 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Filled in some crucially "missed" data for you, Fred. Ninja

(10-20-2015, 05:43 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Ah cherry picking.

So I like cherries. Wub

HAVE A NICE DAY
Mooning
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 05:55 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I'm not sure why FredToast even bothers; it isn't as if he's tricking anyone.  Hill has been a disappointment thus far, that is a fact.

It's also a fact he is tied for 2nd in the NFL in TDs scored.  
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 05:55 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I'm not sure why FredToast even bothers; it isn't as if he's tricking anyone.  Hill has been a disappointment thus far, that is a fact.
He cherrypicks and, like everything else, he assumes that people are too stupid to see.

Like you said, I don't know why he bothers because I have to think that everyone sees through him by now.
(10-20-2015, 06:30 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: It's also a fact he is tied for 2nd in the NFL in TDs scored.  

But two were before he was benched for fumbling, then the other three rushing were when we gave him the ball inside the 20 after Gio and receivers got us down there, and then the receiving was from 13 yards out.

Hue said the carries will change back to Hill carrying the load, but, so far, Hill has been a disappointment when you consider the high hopes that were pinned on him coming in.  

He can turn it around, but he's been a disappointment so far.
Reply/Quote

Fact...You keep using that word...I do not think it means what you think it means.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 06:45 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: He cherrypicks and, like everything else, he assumes that people are too stupid to see.

Like you said, I don't know why he bothers because I have to think that everyone sees through him by now.

But two were before he was benched for fumbling, then the other three rushing were when we gave him the ball inside the 20 after Gio and receivers got us down there, and then the receiving was from 13 yards out.

Hue said the carries will change back to Hill carrying the load, but, so far, Hill has been a disappointment when you consider the high hopes that were pinned on him coming in.  

He can turn it around, but he's been a disappointment so far.

TDs matter.  Scoring is how you win games.  Not sure how you could just blow them off.  He hasn't been as good as what I expected from a yardage standpoint, but the guy showed last year he needs carries to produce.  
Reply/Quote
I've had high expectations for Hill and I'm definitely a fan.
I'm still trying to understand the difference between what we saw in him the second half of last season vs. the first part of this season.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 06:55 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: TDs matter.  Scoring is how you win games.  Not sure how you could just blow them off.  He hasn't been as good as what I expected from a yardage standpoint, but the guy showed last year he needs carries to produce.  
TDs matter and they're how you win games, so I'm not blowing them off, but, to be a complete back and to help the offense, he needs to be carrying the ball all over the field.  

You can argue that we've been winning without him doing that, but it gets colder and we won't be able to throw the ball as well, some teams will have better pass defenses, and we're going to need to control the clock/game/ball more in certain games.
(10-20-2015, 07:31 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: I've had high expectations for Hill and I'm definitely a fan.
I'm still trying to understand the difference between what we saw in him the second half of last season vs. the first part of this season.

We're trying to make him run from shotgun, so he's flat-footed when the defense realizes if he has the ball or not, whereas, when Andy's under center and turns and hands the ball to Hill, he's running full-speed downhill and the defense doesn't have time to get in a good position to stop him and, even if they do, he can make one cut and gain five more yards or be gone.
Reply/Quote
Man we need an all things Jeremy Hill thread now
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Defenses have Hill figured out. Last year he was new and probably showed all that he had. My problem with Hill is that he seems like a downhill runner with no jukes once he hits the second layer of the defense.
Reply/Quote
I think that's exactly why we're doing so well this year. Nobody expected Dalton to ball out of his mind.

I have no problem with Hill once he gets to the 2nd layer, my problem is he doesn't even get there anymore - lol.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 08:29 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I think that's exactly why we're doing so well this year. Nobody expected Dalton to ball out of his mind.

I have no problem with Hill once he gets to the 2nd layer, my problem is he doesn't even get there anymore - lol.

Because we hand him the ball while he's flatfooted out of the shotgun, as opposed to running full-speed towards the line, even if he stutter-steps for a split-second, and just explodes through the line.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 07:56 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Man we need an all things Jeremy Hill thread now

Rep.

Pretty sure Hill is quickly becoming as polarizing of a figure on these boards as Andy LOL

It does seem that a lot of people are on the same page though. Most of the arguing comes from the same 3-4 people that can't come to admit that Hill is having a rough year thus far.

TDs aren't the only way to measure a RBs success. There have been plenty of goal line backs over the years that have certainly not been considered great. Hill is a glorified goal line back right now until he proves otherwise. That may sound harsh, but he has been looking sluggish more often than he should this season.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 05:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So I like cherries. Wub

HAVE A NICE DAY
Mooning
Nah just attention. Positive or negative it is still attention
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 08:29 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I think that's exactly why we're doing so well this year. Nobody expected Dalton to ball out of his mind.

And he hasn't since the play he fumbled while getting his knee bent quite awkwardly.

He hasn't missed any practice time, therefore I don't believe he is required to be listed on the Injury Report, but I'm convinced that there is something awry in his knee that will need a "clean up" in the offseason.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 06:46 PM)TGISunday Wrote: Fact...You keep using that word...I do not think it means what you think it means.

[Image: inigo1.jpg]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote