Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeremy Hill's attitude
Not everybody has to do a look at me show boating theatrical production to have fun.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 09:45 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Nah.........  maybe jog to the sideline because that says "I'm ready to go to work again."

I agree though on that winning fans back.

Was always told to do it this way because coaches would tell you to

"act like you have been there before and it is no big deal because you will be doing it again".

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I love it he's a man on a mission for redemption. He has got bigger fish to fry then worrying about what TD dance to do next. I think it's bogus to suggest he can't enjoy himself because he isn't acting like a clown. Just like it's bogus to think Dalton can't lead a football team because he's not a giant ball of intensity preaching non-sense like Ray Lewis or JJ Watt for the cameras.

The dances he chose to do were just lame on top of it. Ocho Cinco and T.O. will forever be the kings of TD celebrations. Too bad they don't hand out rings for that in the NFL though.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 07:44 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: The dances he chose to do were just lame on top of it. Ocho Cinco and T.O. will forever be the kings of TD celebrations. Too bad they don't hand out rings for that in the NFL though.

Look at the results of these 2 clowns getting together on the same team ..... 4-12 Three Ring Cirus!!!

Not to mention the resentment and animosity that infected the lockerroom and whole team.  Whit and Peko didn't name names but it wasn't hard to figure out who they were alluding to.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 07:33 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Was always told to do it this way because coaches would tell you to

"act like you have been there before and it is no big deal because you will be doing it again".

As radical as he can be, that's one thing that Jim Brown always said, and may well be where Earl Campbell picked it up from.

Brown hated all the showboating and always said his show was the 12,312 yards, (5.2 ypc), and the 106 TDs he scored in 8 years!!
Reply/Quote
I'd criticize these guys for celebrating, but I honestly can't say I know how restrained I'd act if 50,000 people were cheering exuberantly over something I just accomplished. That's clearly never going to happen, so why not just assume I'd be more restrained and dignified than some of the athletes out there. I couldn't make a pop-warner squad if I tried, but if I played in the NFL I'd donate 90% of my $150,000,000 to charity.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 07:10 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Hill did the same exact thing Earl Campbell used to do after his 74 career touchdowns.  He laid the ball down, and jogged back to the bench.   Campbell was asked about why he didn't 'show it up' after he scored and he said, "My show is in the TD I just scored!"

You know what else Earl campbell never did?

He never whined like a little girl and acted like he was personally offended when one of his teammates celebrated after a score.  Campbell played with Billy "White Shoes" Johnson who many people credit with creating the tradition of dancing after scoring a TD.  And Campbell never once complained or cried about what Johnson did.

But Earl Campbell never had a big stick up his ass either.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2016, 12:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You know what else Earl campbell never did?

He never whined like a little girl and acted like he was personally offended when one of his teammates celebrated after a score.  Campbell played with Billy "White Shoes" Johnson who many people credit with creating the tradition of dancing after scoring a TD.  And Campbell never once complained or cried about what Johnson did.

But Earl Campbell never had a big stick up his ass either.

Nobody crying about Hill's celebrations on this end.  Just like what he did on his first TD this year, preseason or not.

Here's a couple of things I DO know about the Oilers and Campbell, the Bengals and Panthers:  

1.  YOU have no idea what was going on behind the scenes, and in the locker room with Johnson's antics taking center stage.  Whether there was any resentment or animosity like there was in the Bengals locker room during the Johnson Circus, that resulted in not only no Superbowl victory, but also no playoff victory!

2.  The Houston Oilers never won a Super Bowl.

3.  Earl Campbell never fumbled away a playoff game.  (When you fumble away a playoff game, it tends to humble most folk, especially when the focus of the player seemed to be more on what his next TD dance would be, rather than holding on to the stinkin' football and doing his job)

4.  When the two of the biggest showboats got together on the same team the sad results were a 4-12 Circus!!

5.  The biggest showboat of today has yet to win a Super Bowl and acted like a whining little '*****' at his post Super Bowl game interview. 
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2016, 12:40 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Nobody crying about Hill's celebrations on this end.  Just like what he did on his first TD this year, preseason or not.

Here's a couple of things I DO know about the Oilers and Campbell, the Bengals and Panthers:  

1.  YOU have no idea what was going on behind the scenes, and in the locker room with Johnson's antics taking center stage.  Whether there was any resentment or animosity like there was in the Bengals locker room during the Johnson Circus, that resulted in not only no Superbowl victory, but also no playoff victory!

2.  The Houston Oilers never won a Super Bowl.

3.  Earl Campbell never fumbled away a playoff game.  (When you fumble away a playoff game, it tends to humble most folk, especially when the focus of the player seemed to be more on what his next TD dance would be, rather than holding on to the stinkin' football and doing his job)

4.  When the two of the biggest showboats got together on the same team the sad results were a 4-12 Circus!!

5.  The biggest showboat of today has yet to win a Super Bowl and acted like a whining little '*****' at his post Super Bowl game interview. 

Deion Sanders

[Image: 1462233847103563.gif]
Reply/Quote
If you are a drama queen that needs the theatrics to be entertained while watching a football game ?

Cool, there is room in this world for all types.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2016, 01:02 PM)Go Cards Wrote: If you are a drama queen that needs the theatrics to be entertained while watching a football game ?

Cool, there is room in this world for all types.

I don't cry either way.

I enjoy the game the same if they celebrate or not.

Need another tissue?
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2016, 12:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Deion Sanders

Thread end.

I'm going to take the high road and not let your arrogance bait me Toasty Boy.

I have lived 3 miles from the high school Deion Sanders went to for 25 years.  My son went to the same high school.

I coached Deion's cousin in Little League Baseball here back in the 80s and know a lot about him and his history since he was in high school.

Like I said, I'm not going to respond in detail about Sanders for many reasons, respect for him at the forefront, and the respect I have for him, has nothing to do with Superbowl Rings.

Let's just say he's a completely different person now, as a retired NFL player, than he was growing up and as a player.  He's been extremely humbled, be it in a totally different way than Hill seems to have been, but humbled all the same.

You could learn a lot from him Freddy!  Wink
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2016, 01:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't cry either way.

Need another tissue?

Sure do and am sure you have a purse full of them.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2016, 01:22 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Sure do and am sure you have a purse full of them.

Cool   Hilarious   (clears throat  ....   sorry ..... [back to humbleness])
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2016, 01:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't cry either way.

Need another tissue?

Certain Marvin Lewis does not agree with you. 

He was very critical of the Ocho show and cut him very first thing when he was allowed the power by MB.

Things have never been better for the Bengals since the 80's after this move. 

Believe Marvin was right.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2016, 01:22 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Sure do and am sure you have a purse full of them.

[Image: 23995186e06c29d65094cc8bf62edaea.jpg]
Reply/Quote
This is so stupid.

Hill's celebration didn't cause the Bengals to lose.

Him trying to get extra yardage on the field... perhaps.

Dancing... nope.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2016, 12:40 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: 1.  YOU have no idea what was going on behind the scenes, and in the locker room with Johnson's antics taking center stage.  Whether there was any resentment or animosity like there was in the Bengals locker room during the Johnson Circus, that resulted in not only no Superbowl victory, but also no playoff victory!

Chad's antics left such a stank on this franchise that they haven't won a playoff game since he left!  I guess the Patriots were just too powerful to let his presence derail their SB trip in 2011, though.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2016, 07:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Chad's antics left such a stank on this franchise that they haven't won a playoff game since he left!  I guess the Patriots were just too powerful to let his presence derail their SB trip in 2011, though.

Have not had a losing season either and probably have one of the best regular season records in entire NFL. 

The Patriots did not play that "I am Ocho look at me" stuff either. 

Nor did they throw him the ball much either. Believe they said he was not smart enough to learn playbook. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2016, 05:29 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: This is so stupid.

Hill's celebration didn't cause the Bengals to lose.

Him trying to get extra yardage on the field... perhaps.

Dancing...  nope.

Nobody said it did ? 

Onice again, I did not ask Hill to do this, maybe a coach did or he did it himself. Just noticed it. 

What is stupid is that people actually think showboating helps somehow. 

Can name many players who had success both ways. 

Do not care as long as they get their job done. Yet do feel one way is classier. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote