Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeremy Hill's attitude
(08-22-2016, 11:38 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: This thread is now officially over!

Confirmation for you and I Go Cards ........ we pretty much hit the nail on the head!!

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Hill-connects-the-dots/9b03995c-c2a9-48cd-862e-71295ad104f8

If celebrating was the problem then why was he so damn good in '14?
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 11:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: If celebrating was the problem then why was he so damn good in '14?

Ask Jeremy Hill. 

This is his decision not mine. Besides, I do not recall any playoff win in 14 ? 

Because I believe this is a direct result from him being part of what cost himself and his his teammates their playoff win. 

Do you do a dance in the courtroom if you ever win a case ? If not do you just have a big stick up your ass like you have accused others of having on this post ? 

Maybe big sticks pain you as well. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 11:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: If celebrating was the problem then why was he so damn good in '14?

You can't stand being wrong can you??   Wink
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 12:11 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: You can't stand being wrong can you??   Wink

You can't explain why I am wrong, can you?   Wink
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 12:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You can't explain why I am wrong, can you?   Wink

I don't have to explain anything.  Like Go Cards said, "If you want an explanation, ask Jeremy Hill!"   Cool
Reply/Quote
Who cares if Hill celebrates or not, the only thing he should focus on this season is holding the ball.

[Image: cae7a2a8538ef066d38002037d87ba58.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 12:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You can't explain why I am wrong, can you?   Wink

Because the Bengals have won no playoff games with the people referenced. Except Ickey which was before many on here were even born and too long ago to count with this long of draught. 

This seems to be their goal. Not that it was not always, but they have always failed before under current regime and recent ones as well for that matter. 

Have to change something when things are not working. Guess when looking back this "party, party" attitude was what Jeremy decided to ditch. 

It may not work for everybody. But if it is a placebo for him then so be it. Whatever makes you believe.

Why a professionals decision who has made it way farthrer than us board members in football bothers you is beyond me. 

I support all Bengals players decisions as long as they are lawful and not detrimental to team success.   

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Seriously?  If I had to 'guess' Jeremy's reasons, I will copy and paste what I said earlier in the thread;

"This was started by Go Cards, and he was just making an observation about how Hill could possibly have had a turn around when he fumbled the playoff victory away, maybe, just maybe, he realized that the jitter bug was making things more about him, and his dance, and possibly, possibly, in his own mind, consciously or subconsciously, thought that his focus was more on what jitter bug he was going to do, as opposed to protecting the football."
Reply/Quote

But what really makes you wrong is the fact that you are only trolling.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 12:15 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I don't have to explain anything.  Like Go Cards said, "If you want an explanation, ask Jeremy Hill!"   Cool

Explanation for what?

First 2 preseason games in '15.......7 touches for 33 yards
First 2 preseason games in '16.......7 touches for 33 yards
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 12:23 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Because the Bengals have won no playoff games with the people referenced. Except Ickey which was before many on here were even born.

The Bengals also won no playoff games in 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 00, 11, 12, and 13, when they didn't have any of those dreaded celebrators. 

Me thinks you're pinning the failures of a franchise in the wrong place.

As you've insinuated, celebrating is viewed differently when you're winning. Is celebrating the reason we're not winning (titles)?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 12:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Explanation for what?

First 2 preseason games in '15.......7 touches for 33 yards
First 2 preseason games in '16.......7 touches for 33 yards

??????? Are you going to slant and tangent just to steer away from being wrong.

Come on Toasty, you're a smart gal.  The only one to answer the question is Hill and he's pretty much explained it at the website link!!
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 12:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The Bengals also won no playoff games in 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 00, 11, 12, and 13, when they didn't have any of those dreaded celebrators. 

Me thinks you're pinning the failures of a franchise in the wrong place.

As you've insinuated, celebrating is viewed differently when you're winning. Is celebrating the reason we're not winning (titles)?

Yes I know, have been a season ticket holder with a front row view for all these seasons while attending all home playoff games you listed. 

Have never said celebrating is not why Bengals were not winning titles.  But the problem is something, and if a player wants to try something new then so be it. You can waller in the past if you choose but I will choose to support these players today.  Betting a coach or locker room leader suggested this anyway. 

Make no mistake though, it was not me who told him to do it. But it is obvious that your take is the "show must go on" win or lose act a fool. 

You once told me your brother was the top baseball hitter for the Bearcats. Ask him what happens if he celebrates by dancing after hitting a HR ? His teammate takes a high hard fastball to the earhole. 

Still think it was way more cool to have been Emmitt Smith knocking TO out of the Cowboy star at midfield than to have been TO who actually scored the TD and was acting a fool.  

You probably only watch the games on TV anyway and only see what they show you like the news does the American public. 

Said this is an attempt at Jeremy bettering himself. Lots of people change things as they growing up. Gave up cigs and hard liquor myself. Did not mean I quit having fun or success and am not sorry for doing so.

In fact I bought Bengals season tickets with money that was saved. 

It is his life and we have been over this many times before this in threads going back to mothership. This is silly. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 01:25 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Yes I know, have been a season ticket holder with a front row view for all these seasons while attending all home playoff games you listed. 

Have never said celebrating is not why Bengals were not winning titles.  But the problem is something, and if a player wants to try something new then so be it. You can waller in the past if you choose but I will choose to support these players today.  Betting a coach or locker room leader suggested this anyway. 

Make no mistake though, it was not me who told him to do it. But it is obvious that your take is the "show must go on" win or lose act a fool. 

You once told me your brother was the top baseball hitter for the Bearcats. Ask him what happens if he celebrates by

dancing after hitting a HR ? His teammate takes a high hard fastball to the earhole. 

Still think it was way more cool to have been Emmitt Smith knocking TO out of the Cowboy star at midfield than to have been TO who actually scored the TD and was acting a fool.  

You probably only watch the games on TV anyway and only see what they show you like the news does the American public. 

Said this is an attempt at Jeremy bettering himself. Lots of people change things as they growing up. Gave up cigs and hard liquor myself. Did not mean I quit having fun or success and am not sorry for doing so.

In fact I bought Bengals season tickets with money that was saved. 

It is his life and we have been over this many times before this in threads going back to mothership. This is silly. 

I'm not even sure how to adress all this. You're not really addressing much of my post, just going on mini-rants with some little shots at me mixed in (you're a season ticket holder, I'm probably not, etc). Good memory, but it was a cousin, not a brother that played baseball for UC. Baseball is obviously a different sport though, full of unsaid - and very old school - rules regarding sportsmanship. Football is obviously a different animal, more physical and emotional.

Either way, I'll leave it at that and "agree to disagree" about the impact of celebrations on football teams.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 01:21 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: That was my favorite thing about the night.

Hill seems to have matured... but its only one TD in an early preseason game... I think he will still pull out the dance moves in real games.

Still, I think he is rolling with the punches so far. He looks great!

he said hes done celebrating TDs...

whats that old saying..

Act like you been there before.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 05:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm not even sure how to adress all this. You're not really addressing much of my post, just going on mini-rants with some little shots at me mixed in (you're a season ticket holder, I'm probably not, etc). Good memory, but it was a cousin, not a brother that played baseball for UC. Baseball is obviously a different sport though, full of unsaid - and very old school - rules regarding sportsmanship. Football is obviously a different animal, more physical and emotional.

Either way, I'll leave it at that and "agree to disagree" about the impact of celebrations on football teams.

I can't speak for Go Cards, but I'll address what I took from his original post and how this thread turned into a broad brush of 'celebrations ruin football teams' foolishness.

Yes, Chad Johnson's antics were causing underlying resentment and animosity within the Bengals camp!  That's the example I gave.

I already said why I thought Hill came to the decision he did and I'm truly tired of repeating it, because it seems to be falling on a lot of deaf ears.

I think Lewis is a no nonsense kind of coach, and probably saw what was happening with Johnson, but couldn't convince Brown until the Johnson/Owens Dog and Pony Show.  Once that circus turned into a 4-12 carnival ride, Brown really had no choice.

PERIOD.  Plenty of trolling and foolishness turned it into a 'celebration causes teams to play bad' nonsense!!
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 01:18 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Come on Toasty, you're a smart gal.  The only one to answer the question is Hill and he's pretty much explained it at the website link!!

First of all he is no better than last year.

Second, this time last year he was saying he would be better than '14 because he had incresed the strength in his lower body.

So excuse me for not buying his claims this year.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 05:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm not even sure how to adress all this. You're not really addressing much of my post, just going on mini-rants with some little shots at me mixed in (you're a season ticket holder, I'm probably not, etc). Good memory, but it was a cousin, not a brother that played baseball for UC. Baseball is obviously a different sport though, full of unsaid - and very old school - rules regarding sportsmanship. Football is obviously a different animal, more physical and emotional.

There was no question to answer since I never once said celebrating is the reason for Bengals playoff futility. 

But am always happy to agree to disagree.

Once again will summarize with the bible. 

All is permissible, but not all is beneficial.

Mearning some can handle celebrating and some can not.  Lot of it depends on one's teammates and coaches feelings as well. 

Example, loved Peko's celebrations last season and he had a great year. But many who want celebrating always want him cut. 

Even though they said Billings was being pushed around by 2nd teamers with ease in camp before injury.. 

Also even though we have never met. Myself and Fred learned to play football on the exact same field in the exact same era and I know we were both  taught differently. 

But like I said am happy to agree to disagree.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 06:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: First of all he is no better than last year.

Second, this time last year he was saying he would be better than '14 because he had incresed the strength in his lower body.

I don't think he could care any less what you buy or don't buy, but. if you go to games, I'm sure he does appreciate you supporting his salary.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 06:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote:
First of all he is no better than last year.

You don't know if he's better than last year or not. You're just guessing he is because he has similar preseason #s than last year.
Reply/Quote