Other (explain)
0%
0 0%
Total 86 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jets Gameball
Total team win by the boys today. Although only week one, we already have a leg up in a possible Wildcard scenario. Now for the first gameball of the 2016 season (NOBODY on the oline will be nominated):

ANDY DALTON: 366 passing yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, rating of 114, while looking at the sky most of the day

AJ GREEN: 12 catches, 180 yards (what Island), 1 TD

GENO ATKINS: 4 tackles, 1 sack

MARGUS HUNT: Batted down a couple passes and 1 FG attempt

JOSH SHAW: 4 tackles and game clinching INT

MIKE NUGENT: 11 total point and game winning 47 yard FG
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Andy, the pressure was ridiculous. Poised throughout the game. Bulldozed when needed. I doubt many others could have led this team to victory.

Reply/Quote
Hunt is a strong candidate...never heard his name mentioned that often.
Reply/Quote
No doubt its gotta be aj green. 180 yards??? Against the Jets D??
Reply/Quote
Dalton, but he and AJ split it.

Reply/Quote
I voted for AJ but it could go to several deserving candidates.......
Reply/Quote
Tough choice between Andy and AJ Green. Green going for 180 on Revis? Dalton going for 366 (20 for 23 over last 3 quarters) while dealing with constant pressure and 7 sacks? Flip a coin, but I voted for the guy that got AJ the ball. I'd vote for both if I could.

I can't understate how great it was to see AJ dominate a good physical corner though. Could be a career year for him.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 05:45 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Dalton, but he and AJ split it.

AJ had a ridiculous game. Jeez. Those catches. He left Revis shaking his head. 

Andy is tough as freaking nails. Super impressed by his maturity and grit. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Gotta go with AJ. 180 yards, a lot against Revis, is hard to beat. Hunt had a good first half but I didn't really hear much of him the second half. If we lose Nugent gets the blame, so not going to give him the game ball for missing a field goal. Dalton was a close second.
Reply/Quote
AJ Green is just a freak.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 05:45 PM)Gohards Wrote: No doubt its gotta be aj green. 180 yards??? Against the Jets D??

This.

A ton of his yards were after the catch on screens.  

That game winning FG attempt would have been well over 50 yards if Green had not picked up several yards after the catch.  That was HUGE.
Reply/Quote
Slight edge to AJ, but Andy deserves a lot of credit for sticking in there considering how awful the OL was. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I voted for Margus Hunt because I don't think I'll ever be able to vote for him again.

I'm one of the biggest proponents of getting rid of Hunt, but today he had a good game with his FG block and batted passes. He also dropped Forte for a 3 yard loss early in the game as well.
Reply/Quote
AJ. Guy is an absolute joy to watch. We're lucky to have him.

Reply/Quote
Wonderful game from Andy, Green, and Margus. I believe this has to go to Andy for performing the way he did considering what he was against.

EDIT: Props to Nuge for coming through.
Reply/Quote
I ultimately went with AJ. Some clutch catches and YAC.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
AJ all the way. If there was a toughness and courage award, the goes to Andy. That was one of the guttiest performances you'll ever see by a QB.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
AJ and AD for sure but Nuge gets some serious love.

47 yarder with the wind issues and all the pressure of a game win/loss and especially from him knowing his job is on the line these days = mad kudos
Reply/Quote
A.J. Green booked his island vacation on Expedia in advance, and hung out on the beach all day long!!!

Andy gets a close second, great poise and comeback while under criminal molestation for an entire game!! He started off real shaky tho
Reply/Quote
AN. Some amazing grabs, great routes and YAC. Andy a close second. He played amazing football today as well.
Reply/Quote