Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jim Turner is our new OL Coach
(02-08-2019, 05:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like that he is a former Marine and can be an asshole. I don't want anymore meh coaches.

Here is to hoping he turns it around here and the Miami thing just goes away cause of it.

Think he will definately be better than PA.

I just want him to be decent, to good.  Having a loudmouth asshole who sucks at his job on the team isn't going to fill me with "tough guy" pride, that's for sure.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 06:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I just want him to be decent, to good.  Having a loudmouth asshole who sucks at his job on the team isn't going to fill me with "tough guy" pride, that's for sure.

Well, that goes without saying Nately lol
Reply/Quote
The only thing I want to add to the thread...

I'd like for us to just let the new coaches come here do their job and then we'll judge how decent they are, even if it's positive.

Same with the players.

It really gets sickening when we welcome new coaches, assistants, players, and prop them up like they're gonna be better than before.

I know it's hope of the fans, and I'm not trying to crush it necessarily.

It just gets old propping up the next newbs.

Until they show they're due for the praise/skepticism let's keep it reserved for the play on the field.

Hatin' and hard-ons for no damn reason because they've done nada here.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I invite everyone on here to go back and look at how sickening the butt kissing of Pollack was on here about this time last year. It was both comical and annoying. I hope that with all of these new coaches that people understand that although some of these guys may turn out to be good, chances are that none are the greatest coach of all time or currently in the league.
Reply/Quote
Taylor goes 1-15, gets fired, Bengals re-hire Marvin for another 5 yrs. What a nightmare I had.
Reply/Quote
Lol this is funny. Loving all the butthurt over this hiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 11:55 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I invite everyone on here to go back and look at how sickening the butt kissing of Pollack was on here about this time last year. It was both comical and annoying. I hope that with all of these new coaches that people understand that although some of these guys may turn out to be good, chances are that none are the greatest coach of all time or currently in the league.

Great post. And with all the changes, chances are 1 or 2 flop totally.

But, change was needed. We went from known mediocre to unknown unwritten book.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2019, 10:56 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Great post. And with all the changes, chances are 1 or 2 flop totally.

But, change was needed. We went from known mediocre to unknown unwritten book.

Right.

The known is Mediocre Merv can wallow in embarrassment or get them to the post season just to rip our hearts out in the first round.

We all want better than that for sure. ThumbsUp
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 11:55 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I invite everyone on here to go back and look at how sickening the butt kissing of Pollack was on here about this time last year. It was both comical and annoying. I hope that with all of these new coaches that people understand that although some of these guys may turn out to be good, chances are that none are the greatest coach of all time or currently in the league.

Hey man, quit hackin on me.

I was just happy PA was gone and Pollack had a glowing resume.

He only had one year and the O-line got much better at run blocking in that year.

Don't act like he was some failure or something.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2019, 07:58 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Lol this is funny. Loving all the butthurt over this hiring.

Who is butthurt?  I just happen to think it's amusing that people who are no longer in high school are still strutting around as if being a d-bag makes them awesome.  

I'm not PC, that makes me awesome.  Everyone is so butthurt over how tough and cool I am!  Ida know...just seems like "not being PC" is the new sort of "goth" counter-culture these days.  Oooh, look how edgy I am.  I accuse people of being gay while I buy dildos for them.  Bully for you!

Can I be the o-line coach? I can explain various XXX-rated things I will do to everyone's mother. Oh man, that'll really hurt the butts of the butthurt!
Reply/Quote
I decided a long time ago. Everywhere I went from work to school, PC was everywhere. I would go over to friends and relatives, and all I saw or heard them talk about was PC. Why? Is it that big of a deal I thought? It started to reeeeaaaaalllly bother me, because it just didnt feel right to me when I took part in it. So I started into some research, and finally decided that indeed PC wasnt for me. I switched to Mac and I'll never look back.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2019, 06:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hey man, quit hackin on me.

I was just happy PA was gone and Pollack had a glowing resume.

He only had one year and the O-line got much better at run blocking in that year.

Don't act like he was some failure or something.

It's really hard to evaluate him as they did add Glenn who is a Top 10 paid LT...and a new Center. So it's not apples to apples.

The line 2 years ago was probably the worst I can recall seeing.

This past year? It was just bad.

I do think people had expectations that Pollack was going to come in and make it Top 10 to 15. The talent just isn't there for that.
Reply/Quote
Don't like that he was at the center of the Miami scandal (just isn't a good look), but the dude has a long resumé and he must be doing something write.

Taylor had his lines plowing holes for Gurley, so I like that he thinks this guy can coach our guys to do the same. Let's hope that he's had his eyes on college guys (especially since coaching college players) so he'll get to pick who he wants to come here.

I also love his military background because he'll instill discipline and make our guys a bunch of aggressive ass kickers!

I love it!
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2019, 07:14 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's really hard to evaluate him as they did add Glenn who is a Top 10 paid LT...and a new Center. So it's not apples to apples.

The line 2 years ago was probably the worst I can recall seeing.

This past year? It was just bad.

I do think people had expectations that Pollack was going to come in and make it Top 10 to 15. The talent just isn't there for that.

I do think Mixon made the Line look better than it was, but they were better in run blocking than the year before under PA.

I just am not going to say Pollack is a bad Line coach like PA most definately was.

Proof is in who has a job now and who doesn't honestly.

Hope Turner gets atleast a FA and an early pick to work with cause you are right they are lacking talent on the O-line.

I like Price's upside but other than him there is just Boling. Glenn needs to lose weight and he might get back to what he was.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2019, 08:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I do think Mixon made the Line look better than it was, but they were better in run blocking than the year before under PA.

I just am not going to say Pollack is a bad Line coach like PA most definately was.

Proof is in who has a job now and who doesn't honestly.

Hope Turner gets atleast a FA and an early pick to work with cause you are right they are lacking talent on the O-line.

I like Price's upside but other than him there is just Boling. Glenn needs to lose weight and he might get back to what he was.

You know, people bash the PFF rankings...but out of the Top 10 offensive line rankings...like 7 teams made the playoffs. Same with LB where it was like 6.

We definitely need to add talent. You can get by with maybe 1 below average starter, but not 2-3.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2019, 06:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Who is butthurt?  I just happen to think it's amusing that people who are no longer in high school are still strutting around as if being a d-bag makes them awesome.  

I'm not PC, that makes me awesome.  Everyone is so butthurt over how tough and cool I am!  Ida know...just seems like "not being PC" is the new sort of "goth" counter-culture these days.  Oooh, look how edgy I am.  I accuse people of being gay while I buy dildos for them.  Bully for you!

Can I be the o-line coach?  I can explain various XXX-rated things I will do to everyone's mother.  Oh man, that'll really hurt the butts of the butthurt!

Do you feel better now after all that?
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 10:22 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Do you feel better now after all that?

All what?  Pointing out that the "proud to be non-PC" crowd is about as respectable as the most ardent fans of the Insane Clown Posse?  Yeah, that does make me a bit happy, I'll admit.

Does it hurt your feelings if I can't help but scoff at people who fellate themselves over how "totally offensive" they are?  Sack up, or I'll mail you a giant dilo!
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 12:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: All what?  Pointing out that the "proud to be non-PC" crowd is about as respectable as the most ardent fans of the Insane Clown Posse?  Yeah, that does make me a bit happy, I'll admit.

Does it hurt your feelings if I can't help but scoff at people who fellate themselves over how "totally offensive" they are?  Sack up, or I'll mail you a giant dilo!

Oh so you mean I could spend my life waking up everyday devoting my time and energy just to find shit to be offended and outraged about. Nah my dude I’m good.

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2019, 01:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You know, people bash the PFF rankings...but out of the Top 10 offensive line rankings...like 7 teams made the playoffs. Same with LB where it was like 6.

We definitely need to add talent. You can get by with maybe 1 below average starter, but not 2-3.

Hard to argue with those facts.

What is nice is we have the chance to add that talent in FA and the Draft if we go about it correctly.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 01:28 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Oh so you mean I could spend my life waking up everyday devoting my time and energy just to find shit to be offended and outraged about. Nah my dude I’m good.

Listen, I'm sure this world is full of people who look to be outraged and offended by everything, but I'm not one of them.  I have no ill will towards people who think "being a d-bag" is some sort of badge of honor, I really don't.  

Hell, I'll even go so far as to admit that I like a lot of things that do offend people.  I always root for the Patriots once it's clear the Bengals aren't going to win anything because it makes Steeler fans cry such delightful tears.  I would always jokingly root for the guy waving the Iraqi or USSR flag to beat Hulk Hogan.  I wanted so badly for Wile Coyote to catch and eat the Roadrunner, and so on.  I'm a Bengals fan and I'm from Pittsburgh...so I clearly have a certain zeal for going against the grain.

All I'm saying is that the whole "watch me offend people!" mantra just reminds me too much of high school and that table where the crazy and gross kids sat.  The ones who would chew with their mouths open, or eat stuff off the floor, or fart and wave it in other people's faces because it made upright squares upset.  So, people can be as offensive as they like, but I'm free to find the whole thing a little pathetic and sad, too.

Bottom line, if this guy can actually make our o-line better he can buy as many dildos as he like.  
Reply/Quote