Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jindal is in
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/06/bobby-jindal-2016-presidential-announcement-119378.html?cmpid=sf

He's not white but sounds like a good ol' boy. What's not to love about him?

The 3 year Congressman and 7 year Governor Piyush Jindal seeks to become the first Asian President of the United States. He was accepted into both Harvard Medical and Yale Law, but chose to go to Oxford and be a Rhodes Scholar instead. His pre-politician career was been spent working in healthcare public policy.

He's pro-life, anti Gay Marriage (given a 0% score by the Human Rights Campaign for his LGBT stances), pro Patriot Act, might be willing to legalize medical marijuana, and pro death penalty in the case of child rape.

[Image: O3ThXd1K.jpg]
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Bbt_celebration-gif_medium.gif]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

I thought McCain really blew it by not picking him as his VP.

I'm a big fan of both his policies. Calling Obama's spending plans irresponsible while at the same time sending off requests for more federal dollars? Way to cover bases.

Likewise, it's good to criticize big government intervention and then use taxpayer dollars to bail out campaign supporters.

Slightly off topic, but why does Fox not refer to him as Piyush? They used to make a point of going all three names on Obama, even though that's not what he goes by, but I've never heard them break out a Piyush "Bobby" Jindal.
(06-24-2015, 03:38 PM)Benton Wrote: Slightly off topic, but why does Fox not refer to him as Piyush? They used to make a point of going all three names on Obama, even though that's not what he goes by, but I've never heard them break out a Piyush "Bobby" Jindal.

Never gave it much thought but now that you mention it; I've never heard them refer to Jeb as John Ellis. Obviously a conspiracy.

(06-24-2015, 03:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Never gave it much thought but now that you mention it; I've never heard them refer to Jeb as John Ellis. Obviously a conspiracy.

Probably.
(06-24-2015, 03:46 PM)Benton Wrote: Probably.

Jindal identifies as a down-home kinda everyman, not some Indian guy.  Fox News is just progressive enough to accept his choice to adopt a less ethnic name. It's like me having a birth name that screams "Italian American Catholic" but running for office as a Republican under the name "Jesuslover Hunting Church White" becuase it truly reflects who I am inside.

Recognize, ya bigot!  Some people are named by their parents without them thinking of the political consequences of doing so.  Next time you are tasked with naming a kid ask yourself "Is this name electable?"
I like that Jeb is basically Gob.

[Image: G-O-B-arrested-development-1359970-632-352.jpg]

Except not the oldest.

(06-24-2015, 03:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Jindal identifies as a down-home kinda everyman, not some Indian guy.  Fox News is just progressive enough to accept his choice to adopt a less ethnic name. It's like me having a birth name that screams "Italian American Catholic" but running for office as a Republican under the name "Jesuslover Hunting Church White" becuase it truly reflects who I am inside.

Recognize, ya bigot!  Some people are named by their parents without them thinking of the political consequences of doing so.  Next time you are tasked with naming a kid ask yourself "Is this name electable?"

Of course he was known by Bobby long before he had Political aspirations. Maybe, just maybe it is simply his nickname.

(06-24-2015, 03:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course he was known by Bobby long before he had Political aspirations. Maybe, just maybe it is simply his nickname.

Good point.  I'm sure the conservative types make sure to mention Obama's middle name is Hussein every 3 seconds because that's what people have been calling him for his whole life.  Accuracy, and all that...no agenda.  Zilch.  Nil.  Barak's family and friends probably say it with the exact amount of dripping derision each time, as well.
(06-24-2015, 03:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course he was known by Bobby long before he had Political aspirations. Maybe, just maybe it is simply his nickname.

You guys tight? When did he get aspirations?

Just trying to know Piyush better.
(06-24-2015, 04:21 PM)Benton Wrote: You guys tight? When did he get aspirations?

Just trying to know Piyush better.

Most likely after he used to watch the Brady Bunch as a kid and adopted it from the youngest boy. Hopefully this gives you a little more insight on Govenor Jindal. (Hey that last name is kinda "funny". He should change that so folks can identify with him as a "good ole boy")

(06-24-2015, 04:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Most likely after he used to watch the Brady Bunch as a kid and adopted it from the youngest boy. Hopefully this gives you a little more insight on Govenor Jindal. (Hey that last name is kinda "funny". He should change that so folks can identify with him as a "good ole boy")

Most likely?

That's not very definitive and doesn't provide a lot of insight.

Personally I think he should be proud of his name. It takes a lot of courage to wear an unfamiliar or strange soun ding name. As a guy with a girls name I always respect people with odd names.
Not sure what to make of Jindal. I like some of the things he stands.

He will certainly hurt the Bush, Rubio, Walker, Christie group. The establishment group is getting quite large and growing. This could be the chance to get a conservative through: That eatablishment vote could be stretched pretty thin.
(06-24-2015, 04:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Good point.  I'm sure the conservative types make sure to mention Obama's middle name is Hussein every 3 seconds because that's what people have been calling him for his whole life.  Accuracy, and all that...no agenda.  Zilch.  Nil.  Barak's family and friends probably say it with the exact amount of dripping derision each time, as well.

I'm conservative and have never refered to him by his middle name; much less every 3 seconds. Matter of fact I'm not sure I've heard it mentioned much anywhere lately.

I wonder if liberal media would mention anything if Rick Perry's middle name was Adolph?

(06-24-2015, 04:46 PM)Benton Wrote: Most likely?

That's not very definitive and doesn't provide a lot of insight.

I cannot be held responsible for your inability to grasp the insight 

It was pointed out that he adopted the name Bobby because he identified with a character on a sitcom as a kid. Not as some conservitive plot to run for President 40+ years later.

I am amused by the way you and natey come out slinging mud. Typical.

(06-24-2015, 03:35 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I thought McCain really blew it by not picking him as his VP.

McCain was just a weak candidate. That election was set up for Hillary to win. When she lost the primary the GOP had nothing else.

If anything Palin saved him from getting Mondale'd. she was a flawed candidate as well but she was stronger than McCain. It's too bad she didn't go into the senate, but she did the best thing for her family which was make money off her fame.

Jindal is in that weird place because back then he was the young up as comer .... Now he isn't yet he isn't overly popular either. Has to be running for VP consideration.... Unless he catches fire ofc. But if he gets any traction then I there will be some early exits out of that establishment group.
Children of Asian immigrants often adopt English names. Source: I went to school with a ton of Asian kids.

(06-24-2015, 04:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I cannot be held responsible for your inability to grasp the insight 

It was pointed out that he adopted the name Bobby because he identified with a character on a sitcom as a kid. Not as some conservitive plot to run for President 40+ years later.

I am amused by the way you and natey come out slinging mud. Typical.

No mudslinging. If I was doing that, I'd talk about his exorcisms.
(06-24-2015, 04:58 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Children of Asian immigrants often adopt English names. Source: I went to school with a ton of Asian kids.

Haha well done