Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jo Cox MP
(06-21-2016, 05:58 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Matt is talking about the in/out vote and the campaigns on the general topic of EU membership.  Not the death of the MP.   Only the remain side has tried to use it as a political weapon against the leave campaign.   

But please try and jump in on a topic you have zero clue.   Matt is the only other poster here who has kept up on this topic as much as I have... 

Maybe because the killed seems to have been on of the "leave" people?

Nah...it's just the side you agree with is right and everyone else is wrong.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-21-2016, 06:42 PM)GMDino Wrote: Maybe because the killed seems to have been on of the "leave" people?

Nah...it's just the side you agree with is right and everyone else is wrong.

So you think he killed her over the ref?   

Go read up on this whole topic.   
(06-21-2016, 06:45 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So you think he killed her over the ref?   

Go read up on this whole topic.   

This "Britain First" group sure sounds like your kind of people!  No wonder you are backing them!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/16/britain-first-the-far-right-group-with-a-massive-facebook-follow/

Quote:Formed in 2011 by former members of the British National Party,Britain First has grown rapidly to become the most prominent far-right group in the country.
While it insists it is not a racist party, it campaigns on a familiar anti-immigration platform, while calling for the return of “traditional British values” and the end of “Islamisation”.

The party says on its website: “Britain First is opposed to all mass immigration, regardless of where it comes from – the colour of your skin doesn’t come into it – Britain is full up.”

Britain First film their 'activist camp' in SnowdoniaPlay!00:59

Although it claims to have just 6,000 members, Britain First has managed to build an army of online fans, mainly by using social media to campaign for innocuous causes such as stopping animal cruelty, or wearing a poppy on Remembrance Day, and appealing for users to “like” its messages.

It now has more than 1.4 million “likes” on Facebook
, more than any other British political party.

In a bid to garner newspaper coverage, the group has carried out mosque invasions and so-called “Christian patrols”.

Archive: Britain First march in DewsburyPlay!01:14

A  march in January targeted Dewsbury, near Jo Cox’s Batley and Spen constituency, and featured 120 Britain First members carrying crucifixes and Union Jacks through the town.
Quote:[/url]

[url=https://twitter.com/Jo_Cox1] Follow

[Image: YrGoeOpK_normal.jpg]Jo Cox MP 

@Jo_Cox1
Very proud of the people of Dewsbury and Batley today - who faced down the racism and fascism of the extreme right with calm unity
1:22 PM - 30 Jan 2016

Mrs Cox wrote on Twitter at the time: “Very proud of the people of Dewsbury and Batley today - who faced down the racism and fascism of the extreme right with calm unity.”

Britain First’s current leader, Paul Golding, stood against Sadiq Khan in the London mayoral election earlier this year.

Britain First leader turns his back on new Mayor, Sadiq KhanPlay!01:04

After Khan’s victory, the group announced that it would take up “militant direct action” against elected Muslim officials.

In a chilling warning on its website, the group said: “Our intelligence led operations will focus on all aspects of their day-to-day lives and official functions, including where they live, work, pray and so on.”

The party has a vigilante wing, the Britain First Defence Force, and last weekend carried out its first “activist training camp” in Snowdonia, at which a dozen members were given “self defence training”.

Whoo!  I can't believe you haven't gone over there to help!  LMAO!
(06-21-2016, 06:49 PM)GMDino Wrote: This "Britain First" group sure sounds like your kind of people!  No wonder you are backing them!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/16/britain-first-the-far-right-group-with-a-massive-facebook-follow/

Whoo!  I can't believe you haven't gone over there to help!  LMAO!

This is just your typical Dino effort.   Not actually making an effort to learn about a topic.   Just find white people and blame them. 
(06-21-2016, 05:44 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: But only one side tried to capitalize off this unfortunate death of this MP.   

I really am looking forward to then leaving the EU.   It's gonna be close but the leave voters seem more motivated.   

I have a feeling that if the MP were on the other side of the situation and still just as low level the same would have been done. I really have no faith in politicians to take the high road.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Most arguments I've seen from the "leave" side stem from anti-immigration sentiment (not necessarily a bad thing, because Angela Merkel's virtue signaling gave a lot of the EU a headache) and "muh soverginity"

If I were British, I'd make damn sure that Britain benefit long-term before voting "yes" to something that's probably going to be a pain in the ass at first.
(06-21-2016, 07:30 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Most arguments I've seen from the "leave" side stem from anti-immigration sentiment (not necessarily a bad thing, because Angela Merkel's virtue signaling gave a lot of the EU a headache) and "muh soverginity"

If I were British, I'd make damn sure that Britain benefit long-term before voting "yes" to something that's probably going to be a pain in the ass at first.

Get ready, propaganda incoming!

LOL
(06-21-2016, 07:30 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Most arguments I've seen from the "leave" side stem from anti-immigration sentiment (not necessarily a bad thing, because Angela Merkel's virtue signaling gave a lot of the EU a headache) and "muh soverginity"argument there

Really, immigration is the only real argument there is. There needs to be changes to the EU, but there are so many people making false claims about is that it's getting pretty ridiculous. The funniest one to me is the completely fabricated one about 70-75% of Britain's laws being made in Brussels.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-21-2016, 07:01 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This is just your typical Dino effort.   Not actually making an effort to learn about a topic.   Just find white people and blame them. 

I dunno.

(06-18-2016, 10:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hows about we just roll with the old rule. Attack the message, not the messenger?

I looked it up and read a bit.  The guy is accused of yelling"Britain First" and that's the name of the group and there are some real winners in that group.

So do you support what they say and do or no?
(06-21-2016, 07:23 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I have a feeling that if the MP were on the other side of the situation and still just as low level the same would have been done. I really have no faith in politicians to take the high road.

I can respect the cynic in you because it is politics.   But the leave campaign was surging ahead and didn't need any help.    If anything this helped stall the momentum of leave and gave remain a chance.   

Cameron got abused in the last debate before the leave surge started.   
(06-21-2016, 09:59 PM)GMDino Wrote: I dunno.

I looked it up and read a bit.  The guy is accused of yelling"Britain First" and that's the name of the group and there are some real winners in that group.

So do you support what they say and do or no?

Britain first or the leave campaign?   

Britain first really doesn't stand for anything bad.   They just want Great Britain to control their own borders. Which is very popular with everyone.    

The only thing in your face BF does is march in no go zones where Muslims have taken over.    Like Luton.  There is a great documentary on YouTube a few years back on Luton.    
(06-21-2016, 10:09 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Britain first or the leave campaign?   

Britain first really doesn't stand for anything bad.   They just want Great Britain to control their own borders. Which is very popular with everyone.    

The only thing in your face BF does is march in no go zones where Muslims have taken over.    Like Luton.  There is a great documentary on YouTube a few years back on Luton.    

Except there are no "no go zones" and there are quite militant.

Do you support them or not?
(06-20-2016, 10:24 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If you don't mind me asking how do you feel about the ref?  

Rather confusing, exaggerating from both camps not helpful.
I voted out (postal vote) as I believe in democracy and the EU is quite simply not democratic

(06-20-2016, 10:42 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: It crossed my news feeds several times. It was very sad to hear anout. She was a realatively new one to Parliament, wasn't she?

I'm not sure, I live in the Wakefield constituency (she was Batley and Spen - next to mine)

I think she may have been new, she didn't run for my party though

Britain first are effectively a far right group.

I believe the police found magazines and handbooks in the suspects house from a neo-nazi group...including a handbook on how to make a handgun.

I heard on the BBC the other day that Jo Cox had given a speech in her consistuency in support of refugees. A neo-nazi nutjob doeesn't like this and then this happens.

It doesn't strictly seem to be in relation to the EU

(06-21-2016, 10:09 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Britain first or the leave campaign?   

Britain first are about as far right as it gets ovee here.
Conservatives, UKIP, British National party, English defence league/Britain first

I actually passed by their rally in Dewsbury on my way to a Huddersfield game, heavy police presence and a few ugly scenes and clashes

Some places in Britain have got a heavy Muslim presence:
Luton, Bradford, Batley/Dewsbury
Some Islam marches have caused a lot of trouble
I remember there were full scale riots in Oldham a few years back over something fairly innocuous
Britain first and similar groups have seemingly risen in response to such incidents

(06-21-2016, 10:16 PM)YorkshireBengal Wrote: Rather confusing, exaggerating from both camps not helpful.
I voted out (postal vote) as I believe in democracy and the EU is quite simply not democratic

Good stuff.   A lot of my friendship England are going out as well.   They are UKIP people.   
(06-21-2016, 10:32 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Good stuff.   A lot of my friendship England are going out as well.   They are UKIP people.   

I vote conservative myself
There's no consensus between the parties on which way to vote - Tory leader and PM wants to remain, but many prominent Conservatives want to leave
Labour has a split in the party too
All adds to the confusion

(06-21-2016, 10:39 PM)YorkshireBengal Wrote: I vote conservative myself
There's no consensus between the parties on which way to vote - Tory leader and PM wants to remain, but many prominent Conservatives want to leave
Labour has a split in the party too
All adds to the confusion

I will actually have to ask how my brother-in-law voted. He has retained his citizenship (he is a fellow Yorkshire man, Sheffield). I could see him going either way, even being more liberal. Though now that I am typing this out I am thinking he would have voted to remain. Even so, the fact I really have to think about it for him shows how much this issue can really cause division in ideologies.