Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jo Cox MP
(06-22-2016, 03:01 PM)Griever Wrote: yeah dont you want one of those cool STDs

i guess you could have ordered yours from a foreign country

Don't you have a board member to stalk on social media? 
(06-18-2016, 10:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hows about we just roll with the old rule. Attack the message, not the messenger?

Nobody in this forum is going to save the world and you're not "standing up" for any population by "calling out" someone in here. We all have various views on different subject and we should be able to entertain these views without attacking the person and definitely without bring up their family member(s).

Nobody in this forum gets attacked personally like Lucie (well maybe Brad). Which liberal in this forum gets constantly bashed personally or posters speak ill of their family?

Mellow

(06-22-2016, 06:50 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: spoken like a true RWK.   

(06-22-2016, 06:52 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah she was probably worried you were gay.   

Hilarious
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-22-2016, 07:06 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

Hilarious

WTF is RWK, anyway?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-22-2016, 07:34 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: WTF is RWK, anyway?

I originally thought it was rich white kid, but have been told it is repressed white knight, Either way, I'm sure the mod(s) will soon find it unsuitable for the boards. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-22-2016, 08:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I originally thought it was rich white kid, but have been told it is repressed white knight, Either way, I'm sure the mod(s) will soon find it unsuitable for the boards. 

Ofc it fits one of qualifications .... I said it 

I have to Credit roto for coming up with it
(06-22-2016, 07:34 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: WTF is RWK, anyway?

From the man himself 

(06-21-2016, 11:14 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: adjective: repressed

1. restrained, inhibited, or oppressed.
    synonyms:
    oppressed, subjugated, subdued, tyrannized
    "a repressed country"

White Knight

A person (usually a male) who sees the typical maiden in distress, and believes that he can help her. A male version of the "mother figure" that some girls become.

White Knight

According to the MISC on the BodyBuilding website: A white knight is defined as a male that treats woman as goddesses and does nothing but shower then in compliments on how wonderful and beautiful and special they are. Maybe be used as a noun or a verb.

------------------------------------------------

Put together it implies that a person (predominately males) is repressed by a woman and ordered to go out into the world to defend her ideals.
Generally completed tasks yield affection that is otherwise withheld.

(06-22-2016, 08:39 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I was reading up on your town because I had never heard of it, seems you all have higher than usual immigration rates overall, including a higher percentage of Muslims. Not like Greater London, but still a higher than average number for Britain.

Northern towns tend to get more migrants

Oh and i'm not from the Batley/Birstall/Dewsbury area, I live down the road in the small village of Middlestown within the city of Wakefield

(06-22-2016, 02:27 PM)Millhouse Wrote: That would probably be how I would vote too. One thing the U.S. has always prided itself on was our own sovereignty, and I always thought of the U.K. being very similar to us in that regard. An equivalent of the EU over here would be an union of Canada, Mexico, U.S., Columbia, and Cuba for example. I couldn't imagine in a million years that Americans would like to see their tax dollars go to that union that had a council of some kind deciding on trade, immigration, bailout, etc sort of issues that overrode our own interests. Maybe I am looking at it wrong, but isnt that what the EU basically is in regards to the U.K? 

Yes....but the EU also allows for the freedom of movement of people between EU nations

By when should we know the results from this vote?

What will it mean for the rest of the EU if the voters decide to leave?
Big day tomorrow.

I always believed that we would opt to remain.
Then the polls started showing leave as having the lead
However, the death of Jo Cox, rightly or wrongly, might just give remain the edge.

I voted leave but I wouldn't be upset if we remained, I spent a long time weighing this one up, I have no strong feelings either way.

(06-22-2016, 08:56 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: By when should we know the results from this vote?

Not 100% sure but I think we find out 10pm GM time

(06-22-2016, 09:00 PM)YorkshireBengal Wrote: Not 100% sure but I think we find out 10pm GM time

That's 5pm Eastern I think.

I'm more of a "Big Picture" guy and must say I haven't followed this whole thing at all, Now I'm scrambling for information, lol.

Kind of late to follow now so I'll just check out the aftermath.
I imagine UK will stay.

It's for the better, but at least this vote allows the people to voice their discontent and hopefully there are changes made.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-22-2016, 08:56 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: By when should we know the results from this vote?

The impacts will be interesting. If the leave side wins there will be probably a two year negotiation of the exit. During this period the uncertainty of what will happen will shake up the economies for both the UK and the EU as a whole. After that, well, to give you an idea we are still 40 years into negotiations with how Switzerland and the EU interact with each other and that will have to happen with the UK.

For the EU as whole, not just economically, even the remain side wins it will mean there has to be a hard look at how the EU operates and what it does. I have heard German and EU officials say this repeatedly. Between the UK and the Netherlands, it has become obvious that the EU needs to reform.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-22-2016, 10:51 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The impacts will be interesting. If the leave side wins there will be probably a two year negotiation of the exit. During this period the uncertainty of what will happen will shake up the economies for both the UK and the EU as a whole. After that, well, to give you an idea we are still 40 years into negotiations with how Switzerland and the EU interact with each other and that will have to happen with the UK.

For the EU as whole, not just economically, even the remain side wins it will mean there has to be a hard look at how the EU operates and what it does. I have heard German and EU officials say this repeatedly. Between the UK and the Netherlands, it has become obvious that the EU needs to reform.

The EU won't change.   They want an EU army 
(06-22-2016, 08:59 PM)YorkshireBengal Wrote: Big day tomorrow.

I always believed that we would opt to remain.
Then the polls started showing leave as having the lead
However, the death of Jo Cox, rightly or wrongly, might just give remain the edge.

I voted leave but I wouldn't be upset if we remained, I spent a long time weighing this one up, I have no strong feelings either way.

It's exciting for you guys.   Hope you leave but I know the remain camp has been all over the pensioners 
(06-22-2016, 08:25 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: From the man himself 

Well while I am not a rich white kid I did and do treat women with respect.  And sometimes that means telling them they are beautiful.  Sometimes that means telling them they are wrong.

I guess that makes me something awful to you...as you seem to use the phrase as an insult.

Congratulations?

I suppose I could pull a Larry and swear to never respond to you again...but I'm a bigger man than that.  I'd have to care what someone thinks to be insulted.

Rock On
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-22-2016, 11:18 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The EU won't change.   They want an EU army 

That is also hyperbolic. The nuances of the EU common defense issues being raised are more complex than I care to diving into, but it is far from an EU army. That was something said by one official over a year ago that has been latched on to, but no other EU official has advocated for that from what I have seen.

(06-22-2016, 11:55 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well while I am not a rich white kid I did and do treat women with respect.  And sometimes that means telling them they are beautiful.  Sometimes that means telling them they are wrong.

I guess that makes me something awful to you...as you seem to use the phrase as an insult.

Congratulations?

I suppose I could pull a Larry and swear to never respond to you again...but I'm a bigger man than that.  I'd have to care what someone thinks to be insulted.

Rock On

Oh you care a lot about what I say.   
(06-23-2016, 12:02 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: That is also hyperbolic. The nuances of the EU common defense issues being raised are more complex than I care to diving into, but it is far from an EU army. That was something said by one official over a year ago that has been latched on to, but no other EU official has advocated for that from what I have seen.

German MEP's and Merkel have advocated