Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe B. becoming national NFL icon??
I can see Joe B. making a ton of money in endorsements. He quickly rose to #4 in jersey sales in 2021. This is just one measurement as he will go against guys like Wilson new Denver, Watson, Adams, Hill and others who switched teams in 2022. But I think this is a great sign of the team increasing it's fan base. While in LA for the Super Bowl I saw a lot of LSU fans at the NFL experience. Everyone of them said they are now Bengal's fans. Call then bandwagon or whatever, I call them fans that hopefully help us fill stadiums in the coming years.

2021 Best Selling NFL Jerseys
Who are the top selling NFL players in 2021?
Tom Brady has the lead as the top-selling NFL player for the 2021 Season! Shop new Tom Brady Jerseys at NFL Shop.

Tom Brady
Dak Prescott
Patrick Mahomes
Joe Burrow
Mac Jones
Josh Allen
CeeDee Lamb
George Kittle
Lamar Jackson
Aaron Donald
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Without a doubt he has become a national icon and will only grown from here especially with a good OL!!
Reply/Quote
I don't know. He's rarely talked about in my market. No commercials.

I predict that he becomes hated like Brady outside of the fan base. I like his confidence, but other fan bases won't.

There are just a bunch of marquee QBs especially in the AFC.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2022, 10:13 AM)M.W. Wrote: Without a doubt he has become a national icon and will only grown from here especially with a good OL!!

I no longer live in Cincinnati so wondering if any local companies have him doing commercial yet. It is my belief, he has the swagger to make a boat load of money being a national sponsor. I mention it because he may have the ability to create a huge income stream outside of football.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2022, 10:18 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I no longer live in Cincinnati so wondering if any local companies have him doing commercial yet. It is my belief, he has the swagger to make a boat load of money being a national sponsor. I mention it because he may have the ability to create a huge income stream outside of football.

Hopefully he considers that with his next contract so we can keep a competitive team around him.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2022, 10:22 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You may be correct. I hate Labron James, but the media and sponsors love him.

Yes there are a bunch of marquee QB's, but I don't ever see Watson getting a huge endorsement. Mahommes already has. Wilson has, Brady has, heck even Mayfield has at least 1.

I think Josh Allen may be next in line. The Bills Chiefs shootout made GMs rethink strategy.

Burrow had a good playoff run, but our offense didn't flash like the Bills.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2022, 10:22 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You may be correct. I hate Labron James, but the media and sponsors love him.

Yes there are a bunch of marquee QB's, but I don't ever see Watson getting a huge endorsement. Mahommes already has. Wilson has, Brady has, heck even Mayfield has at least 1.

Don't worry, more people hate Steph Curry.
Reply/Quote
Should be a great year for jersey sales with all the big name players switching teams. Should be a very profitable year which bodes well for next year’s salary cap increase.

Burrow winning mvp this year and a super bowl should definitely make him a fan favorite/icon. Maybe he’ll start getting more commercials. I’m guessing baker will have less this year.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2022, 10:43 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think Josh Allen may be next in line. The Bills Chiefs shootout made GMs rethink strategy.

Burrow had a good playoff run, but our offense didn't flash like the Bills.

I don't think it is just talent, talent is the green's fee. The winners in endorsements normally also have a great look and better personality. People are attracted to Joe B. because of his swagger, his leadership, but also a little bit of goofiness (how he dresses, sponge Bob and other quirky things).

A lot will hate him, but teenagers and women will love him. I know my wife does.  Nervous Nervous

Reply/Quote
What you're really getting at are personal fortunes which are utterly absurd anymore, but that's my opinion.. I still remember the first pro athlete to be paid a million bucks for a single season.. Catfish Hunter with the Yankees.. That was considered absurd then and it was..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2022, 11:10 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I don't think it is just talent, talent is the green's fee. The winners in endorsements normally also have a great look and better personality. People are attracted to Joe B. because of his swagger, his leadership, but also a little bit of goofiness (how he dresses, sponge Bob and other quirky things).

A lot will hate him, but teenagers and women will love him. I know my wife does.  Nervous Nervous

My kids love him, especially for his goofiness. I think it makes him seem more real, more relatable.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2022, 10:16 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't know. He's rarely talked about in my market. No commercials.

I predict that he becomes hated like Brady outside of the fan base. I like his confidence, but other fan bases won't.

There are just a bunch of marquee QBs especially in the AFC.

Hope Joe becomes hated just like Brady, from winning all those rings. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2022, 10:43 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Don't worry, more people hate Steph Curry.

Why the hell would anyone hate Steph Curry? All he does is play basketball and have fun.
Reply/Quote
I don't remember Russell Wilson doing many commercials and Tom Brady really did not do a lot until just recently.
Reply/Quote
Burrow already has several endorsements and that list will keep growing as long as HE doesn't mind the spotlight.

If Burrow wants, I think he will have the chance to exceed Brady's $$
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2022, 12:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't remember Russell Wilson doing many commercials and Tom Brady really did not do a lot until just recently.

I'm sure Brady makes a few. Just depends on the deal.
You know he makes about $31M annually from his endorsements.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2022, 10:43 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Don't worry, more people hate Steph Curry.

No, we hate the idiots that are Steph Curry fans.  It's the same people that love Patrick Mahomes.  

They aren't fans of the team, they're fans of the player...it's a ridiculous trend in the NBA.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2022, 01:06 PM)basballguy Wrote: No, we hate the idiots that are Steph Curry fans.  It's the same people that love Patrick Mahomes.  

They aren't fans of the team, they're fans of the player...it's a ridiculous trend in the NBA.  

That’s the deal with every popular superstar

Jordan, Iverson, Kobe, Lebron, Curry

All obnoxious fanbases. That’s just how nba fandom works
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2022, 12:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why the hell would anyone hate Steph Curry? All he does is play basketball and have fun.

Doesn't play defense and thinks he's top 100.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2022, 12:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why the hell would anyone hate Steph Curry? All he does is play basketball and have fun.

I was thinking the same thing, Fred. Steph is a great guy, plays the game with the fun and enthusiasm of a kid, and does a lot of good things off the court. Plus, he's one of the greatest long-range shooters the game has ever seen.  Having said that, my sister hates his guts. She thinks he's cocky and can't stand all the mouthpiece work. 
Reply/Quote