Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow - Comeback Player of the Year
Video 
https://twitter.com/Bengals/status/1491813353102233601?s=20&t=FacwcDmukRKJ4Tf8U1w54w
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I don't see how it could've been anyone else.

To go from that record and a season ending injury to the SB? That's amazing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 03:38 PM)Benton Wrote: I don't see how it could've been anyone else.

To go from that record and a season ending injury to the SB? That's amazing.

I actually doubt that he gets it. I think it's going to go to Dak Prescott. Votes had been cast before the playoffs started, and Prescott was more hyped for it then. He didn't have a chance to make a boneheaded QB draw with ten seconds left and no timeouts, and Burrow hadn't yet led his team to the Super Bowl. If they would have waited until now to vote, it would for sure go to Burrow. 
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 03:17 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: https://twitter.com/Bengals/status/1491813353102233601?s=20&t=FacwcDmukRKJ4Tf8U1w54w

Misleading title...he has not won the award yet.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 03:55 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I actually doubt that he gets it. I think it's going to go to Dak Prescott. Votes had been cast before the playoffs started, and Prescott was more hyped for it then. He didn't have a chance to make a boneheaded QB draw with ten seconds left and no timeouts, and Burrow hadn't yet led his team to the Super Bowl. If they would have waited until now to vote, it would for sure go to Burrow. 

Probably correct. And wouldn't that be a kick to the head. 

But, it would fit in well with the ignoring of the Bengals during the regular season. The Cowboys (like the Rams) had five prime time games for broadcasters to drool over Dak Prescott and Cowboys players. The Bengals had one primetime game all year. Not even one single game flexed to primetime. 
Reply/Quote
Wow, the Bengals’ media department has been killing it.

Dusty Cart. A Football Life.

Make it happen.
Reply/Quote
With the awards it's a crapshoot. I think the media gives it to Dak.

It's fine though. Burrow will take the more valuable and less subjective hardware: a ring.
Reply/Quote
In my opinion, it is insanely idiotic to vote on end-of-year awards before the playoffs. The playoffs and the Super Bowl should absolutely factor into the equation.

Imagine Zac Taylor going from 6 wins in 2 years to the Super Bowl, and not winning Coach of the Year.
Imagine Joe Burrow coming back from a horrific injury, leading his team to the Super Bowl behind this offensive line, and not winning MVP.

It's a joke.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 05:09 PM)Big Boss Wrote: In my opinion, it is insanely idiotic to vote on end-of-year awards before the playoffs.  The playoffs and the Super Bowl should absolutely factor into the equation.

Imagine Zac Taylor going from 6 wins in 2 years to the Super Bowl, and not winning Coach of the Year.
Imagine Joe Burrow coming back from a horrific injury, leading his team to the Super Bowl behind this offensive line, and not winning MVP.

It's a joke.

Nearly everything the league office touches is a joke. If ever there were a department of wet dream F-ups...
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 05:09 PM)Big Boss Wrote: In my opinion, it is insanely idiotic to vote on end-of-year awards before the playoffs.  The playoffs and the Super Bowl should absolutely factor into the equation.

It's a joke.

Yep and the MVP is going to go to a dude that had is annual chock job against the 49ers.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 03:55 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I actually doubt that he gets it. I think it's going to go to Dak Prescott. Votes had been cast before the playoffs started, and Prescott was more hyped for it then. He didn't have a chance to make a boneheaded QB draw with ten seconds left and no timeouts, and Burrow hadn't yet led his team to the Super Bowl. If they would have waited until now to vote, it would for sure go to Burrow. 

Well, that would be even more motivation come Sunday. Burrow deserves CPOY for sure. We should know for sure tonight.
Reply/Quote

It's a joke.

Damn rights. Mellow
Reply/Quote

#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote