Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Chris Carter Tells Mike Brown To Do It Right For The Super Bowl
(02-03-2022, 04:25 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: You forgot to mention that he was an Ohio St. and a Bengal fan probably before many of the Chris Carter haters here on this thread was born. 
Some of us remember the many many years Mr. Brown was a cheapskate.  
Good post. 

Mike Brown has a proven record of being tight with money but this is happily no longer the case. The team paid handsomely for free agents on defense and reaped the rewards.

We all know Paul Brown was a football genius but in all fairness he was a tightwad when it came to paying players. He warned new Bengals — and new Browns prior to 1963 — they would be negotiating for their lives.

Mike started out like Paul and ended up in the modern era of ownership where you get who you pay for. I think things began to change when Marvin Jones, Mohamed Sanu, and Andrew Whitworth left. Mike saw the light just in time and opened his wallet to make Lou Anarumo happy.

Say what you will but the Cincinnati defense is better with Trey Hendrickson, DJ Reader, Larry Ogunjobi, BJ Hill, Von Bell, Mike Hilton, Chidobe Awuzie, and yes, even Eli Apple.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 03:22 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Mike Brown has a proven record of being tight with money but this is happily no longer the case.  The team paid handsomely for free agents on defense and reaped the rewards.  

We all know Paul Brown was a football genius but in all fairness he was a tightwad when it came to paying players.  He warned new Bengals — and new Browns prior to 1963 — they would be negotiating for their lives.  

Mike started out like Paul and ended up in the modern era of ownership where you get who you pay for.  I think things began to change when Marvin Jones, Mohamed Sanu, and Andrew Whitworth left.  Mike saw the light just in time and opened his wallet to make Lou Anarumo happy.  

Say what you will but the Cincinnati defense is better with Trey Hendrickson, DJ Reader, Larry Ogunjobi, BJ Hill, Von Bell, Mike Hilton, Chidobe Awuzie, and yes, even Eli Apple.

I wish he had opened his wallet for the offensive line but let's hope that he does this offseason because we're looking at a dynasty with this defense and our weapons signed for a few years if we can just protect Joey B!
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 01:48 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: On Good Morning Football this morning, Chris Carter calls out Mike Brown and says what we've all been saying and thinking for years.

He mentions how Mike Brown has always been a tight ass (his quote was that Mike Brown "always has his eyes on his wallet") and that he needs to open up the checkbook and spend some money to make sure the team and their families fly out there in first class and keep their families in hotels near the team's hotel.

Let's hope Mike Brown opens up his pockets for once and sends the team out there in style.

WHO-DEY!

Chris Carter can Shut The Duck Up. 

Everything's coming up BENGALS and I cried when the AFC Championship Trophy was handed to Mike Brown, and I will cry even more when Mike Brown and Bengals are handed the SUPER BOWL TROPHY. 

Chris Carter can Shut The Duck Up, and Stop rocking the boat.  Never Bengals still on here looking for anything to be negative about can Shut The Duck Up also, and just watch as your Browns, Steelers, Ravens wait until next year. 

GO BENGALS

Tiger Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Lots of ppl bad-mouthing Carter lol and I want no part of that... Cris Carter was the SH*T!!!!! Loved watching him play.

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 04:36 PM)tms Wrote: Lots of ppl bad-mouthing Carter lol and I want no part of that... Cris Carter was the SH*T!!!!! Loved watching him play.

But he can Shut The Duck Up about our Bengals.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 04:40 PM)kevin Wrote: But he can Shut The Duck Up about our Bengals.

He can say whatever he wants. We're all big boys and girls. It's a free country and we don't have to agree with everybody.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 03:32 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I wish he had opened his wallet for the offensive line but let's hope that he does this offseason because we're looking at a dynasty with this defense and our weapons signed for a few years if we can just protect Joey B!

The offensive line will fix itself via free agency just like the defense and here’s how: The rest of the NFL has now seen the Bengals kick ass in the playoffs. Players want a ring and Cincinnati is now THE MOST ATTRACTIVE PLACE IN THE ENTIRE NFL. This team is young and still unpolished in many ways but mark my words, the Bengals are a dynasty in the making. We’re like the 2001 Patriots with better weapons.

Free agent offensive linemen are burning up their agents’ phones as we speak. “Get me to Cincinnati!” They saw Joe Burrow take nine sacks in Tennessee and still win. They saw the Bengals beat Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs and their genius coaches in Arrowhead with that raucous crowd. These guys want to block for Joe Burrow and open holes for Joe Mixon.

Players want to play for a winner, my friend. Riley Reiff saw it coming. So did Mike Hilton. Even college seniors now hope to be drafted by the Bengals. “Hi. This is Coach Taylor. You ready to be a Bengal?” is what every college player wants to hear on Draft Day.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 04:51 PM)tms Wrote: He can say whatever he wants. We're all big boys and girls. It's a free country and we don't have to agree with everybody.

The hell with Chris Carter and he can just Shut Up about our SUPER BOWL BENGALS. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 04:52 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The offensive line will fix itself via free agency just like the defense and here’s how:  The rest of the NFL has now seen the Bengals kick ass in the playoffs.  Players want a ring and Cincinnati is now THE MOST ATTRACTIVE PLACE IN THE ENTIRE NFL.  This team is young and still unpolished in many ways but mark my words, the Bengals are a dynasty in the making.  We’re like the 2001 Patriots with better weapons.  

Free agent offensive linemen are burning up their agents’ phones as we speak.  “Get me to Cincinnati!”  They saw Joe Burrow take nine sacks in Tennessee and still win.  They saw the Bengals beat Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs and their genius coaches in Arrowhead with that raucous crowd.  These guys want to block for Joe Burrow and open holes for Joe Mixon.

Players want to play for a winner, my friend.  Riley Reiff saw it coming.  So did Mike Hilton.  Even college seniors now hope to be drafted by the Bengals.  “Hi.  This is Coach Taylor.  You ready to be a Bengal?” is what every college player wants to hear on Draft Day.

Blocking for a back like Mixon also has to be attractive ThumbsUp

It definitely is a good feeling that players will want to come here and play, especially when they see that we've took control of a division with the Ravens and Steelers in it!
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 09:00 AM)pally Wrote: Well, if we rightly are going or complain about Carter calling them Burrows and Jaymar, we should make sure we are being accurate about spelling his name Cris…no h.  He changed the spelling of his name to honor Cris Collinsworth

If you want to be accurate his name is Graduel Carter.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 04:53 PM)kevin Wrote: The hell with Chris Carter and he can just Shut Up about our SUPER BOWL BENGALS. 

Respect.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 03:22 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Mike Brown has a proven record of being tight with money but this is happily no longer the case.  The team paid handsomely for free agents on defense and reaped the rewards.  

We all know Paul Brown was a football genius but in all fairness he was a tightwad when it came to paying players.  He warned new Bengals — and new Browns prior to 1963 — they would be negotiating for their lives.  

Mike started out like Paul and ended up in the modern era of ownership where you get who you pay for.  I think things began to change when Marvin Jones, Mohamed Sanu, and Andrew Whitworth left.  Mike saw the light just in time and opened his wallet to make Lou Anarumo happy.  

The issue about what Bengal fan Chris Carter was saying, was that Mike Brown WAS Cheap and now he may have changed. 

People are reacting negatively about Chris Carter without even saying the video clip. 

Shame on the people who are making negative comments about Chris Carter without seeing the clip. 

He CLEARLY stated growing up he was an Ohio St and Bengals fan!!!

Many hypocritical members here and on the original Bengals board have criticized Mike Brown now when Chris Carter says things are different now, you guys want to crucify him??? Shame on to you all.  
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 04:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I could be wrong, but I think Mike has changed a lot. They're not making players carry around quarters for the team drink machines anymore, are they? The towels actually are the correct size? We're not renting out TVs at training camp? Players aren't flying coach?

I mean, I hope none of that stuff goes on anymore.

I will say this (and I hope this doesn't trigger anyone): hopefully us making the Super Bowl changes their minds about an indoor facility. It's bad optics to have such a great young Super Bowl team practicing under a highway and having Pat McAfee (say what you will about him) and AJ Hawk (former Bengal) constantly bringing it up.

Tbh, I think Pat brings it up all the time not to hate, but for the player's sake. I'm sure Hawk told him some things. If the players didn't mind, I'm sure Hawk would've told Pat. But of course they mind. It's common sense. Not to the point where they wouldn't sign here, but would they prefer one? Of course.

...and I know we're at UC this week. That's not the point. We have a team in the Super Bowl, and next year they'll be practicing under a highway. It's just a bad look. Treat your great team like they're great.

Other than that, kudos to Mike Brown. This coaching staff is great. They've drafted great. They spent a ton in FA, with (probably) more to come this March. They've also made strides with PR and team ROH.

From what I understand, Mike wants to keep all things Bengals.... including facilities.... downtown by the stadium. There just isn't a lot of real estate there. Once it's all on Katie, that may change. As long as Mike's alive, it won't.

I used to be a hater on the practice facility thing until I learned that.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 04:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: In the end, the Bengals are the only cold weather team not to have one. Every other team somehow found a way, and worked out the logistics.

We needed UC's facility literally right now...so there's definitely a need. Anytime we play an indoor or warm weather team, we shouldn't be outside in the cold and elements. This really is a pretty simple concept.

This doesn't mean we should bash the FO 24-7 over it, but it's something that should be a focus for the FO. Get it done.

It's not about comfort. It's about practicing in the conditions you'll be playing in. It's also about not looking like a 2nd rate organization. Show your players you care.

With that, I've said my piece. It's Super Bowl week, and this talk never gets anywhere.LOL

That's a bit of a misstatement. The Stoolers split their facility with the Pitt Panthers, who split the cost with them. So, kinda like what the Bengals and Bearcats do, with the difference being the Bengals pay UC rent.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
The Cincinnati-based families were flown by charter to LA. They are staying at the team hotel. The Bengals took care of all the arrangements to get Zac's parents and sisters to LA. Joe's dad mentioned that they took care of the arrangements for Joe's brothers and families as well. Hopefully those arrangements were not limited to the coach and star QB

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 03:33 PM)pally Wrote: The Cincinnati-based families were flown by charter to LA.  They are staying at the team hotel.  The Bengals took care of all the arrangements to get Zac's parents and sisters to LA.  Joe's dad mentioned that they took care of the arrangements for Joe's brothers and families as well.  Hopefully those arrangements were not limited to the coach and star QB

Even those players who were injured during the season (Riley Reiff, etc.) and can no longer contribute on the field were brought to LA and all the practice squad players. 
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 06:12 AM)Wyche Wrote: That's a bit of a misstatement. The Stoolers split their facility with the Pitt Panthers, who split the cost with them. So, kinda like what the Bengals and Bearcats do, with the difference being the Bengals pay UC rent.

Yeah but the Steelers have their own fields, weight rooms and DFAC within that facility. That's a bit different than borrowing UC's stuff.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 06:12 AM)Wyche Wrote: That's a bit of a misstatement. The Stoolers split their facility with the Pitt Panthers, who split the cost with them. So, kinda like what the Bengals and Bearcats do, with the difference being the Bengals pay UC rent.

I would be thrilled with a corporate deal like the Steelers have (UPMC actually ponied up for much of their facility, thus the sharing with PITT), but it has the Steelers name on it and lots of resources.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 05:50 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: The issue about what Bengal fan Chris Carter was saying, was that Mike Brown WAS Cheap and now he may have changed. 

People are reacting negatively about Chris Carter without even saying the video clip. 

Shame on the people who are making negative comments about Chris Carter without seeing the clip. 

He CLEARLY stated growing up he was an Ohio St and Bengals fan!!!

Many hypocritical members here and on the original Bengals board have criticized Mike Brown now when Chris Carter says things are different now, you guys want to crucify him??? Shame on to you all.  

The biggest misconception is that MB changed all of a sudden as to Free Agency.  Some of our activities Im sure came from Katie and others advice, but the the players association demanded a new minimum salary floor a couple years ago due to certain cheap owners...  We HAD to spend money and we did a damn good job of selecting players.  MB getting way too much credit on that one.

Still not sure why we dont add a few more scouts.  And it is time to move on from waiting on the deal by the stadium to come through for a facility. Research the worst NFL practice facility with an indoor field and match it.  Does not have to be next to the stadium.  Not too much to ask IMHO.
Reply/Quote