Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Burrow: 'I've won everywhere'
I'm just surprised that any team wants to take a flyer on Herbert much less in Round 1. Sorry, but the pro track record of QBs out of Oregon is pretty horrid and Herbert is typical of Oregon products - great physical tools in the raw coupled with major issues in the mental part of the game. And also poor touch passing which again is an Oregon Mighty Duck trait. Shades of one Akili Smith.

Tua did a full hour workout on video today so it may affect his draft status.

Really there is no contest - Burrow is #1.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Joe Cool theme song:

I've won everywhere, man
I've won everywhere, man
Walked through Athens bare, man
I've breathed the Louisiana air, man
Of winning I've had my share, man
I've won everywhere

[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcT_HvHzArnr_BF9Z2R3o...v&usqp=CAU]

Reply/Quote
Any Johnny Cash reference is aces in my book.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 07:15 PM)McC Wrote: Any Johnny Cash reference is aces in my book.

Same. Rep to the Harley Dog.

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 07:12 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Joe Cool theme song:

I've won everywhere, man
I've won everywhere, man
Of winning I've a'had my share, man
I've won everywhere

I've won in Tuscaloosa, Mobile, Baton Rouge, Gainesville, Athens, Arlington, Arkansas, College Station, Glendale, Austin, Nashville, Starkville, Oxford, Atlanta, New Orleans...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 07:25 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I've won in Tuscaloosa, Mobile, Baton Rouge, Gainesville, Athens, Arlington, Arkansas, College Station, Glendale, Austin, Nashville, Starkville, Oxford, Atlanta, New Orleans...

And just like that, a songwriting team is born. ThumbsUp
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 05:52 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Why is this narrative still going on?  It is public knowledge that we are now considered a base 3-4 hybrid.  We made Reader the highest paid NT in the NFL for a reason.  Dunlap, Lawson, Hubbard are now LBers.  Shawn Williams will/should be playing hybrid LB/S hybrid. Bynes will start at ILB most likely with Pratt.  There are still other LBers on the roster to step up for the 2 ILBers spots.  This defense in most cases will only have one or two true LBers on the field at one time.  This draft needs to be offense, Offensive Line to be specific.  You are drafting a QB at the number one overall pick, protect him at all costs.  One LBer in this draft, hopefully Murray at 33.  If he is not there then take the best player available that is a spot of need.  Picks 1 and 33 need to start day 1...A WR is not going to start day 1...A DT/NT is not going to start day 1....A safety is not going to start day 1... A CB is not going to start day 1.....three positions have a chance to start day 1...RT, any guard, ILBer

Just my thoughts...have a great day!!

Point well taken. Here's my argument for 2. Our current LBs are

Bynes
Pratt
Evans
Sheldon

Let's say Williams is the LB/Safety hybrid. So, that's 5. 

Bynes is on a one year deal. And we should upgrade from Evans and Sheldon. 

I'm with you on Murray in 3rd if he's there. I'd be ok with that for a guy who can play inside and outside.  But I also want an outside guy with the speed and quicks to really cover. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 07:25 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I've won in Tuscaloosa, Mobile, Baton Rouge, Gainesville, Athens, Arlington, Arkansas, College Station, Glendale, Austin, Nashville, Starkville, Oxford, Atlanta, New Orleans...

Dude!  Joe

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 04:15 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: 'A lot of the people in my area became LSU fans when I went down there, and If I happen to be the 1st pick this year, I'm coming back home and I think that'll make a lot of people feel a lot better.'

'Teams are picking at the top for a reason and I feel like I've won everywhere I've ever been and that if anybody can do it, I can do it.'

'I want to get drafted to a good organization that is going to maximize my talents. I've won everywhere that I've been and never had a losing season in sports from the moment I was five years old. I'm not a loser, I just want to go somewhere where I can win.'

Starts around 33 minutes - https://www.podcastone.com/episode/Shaq-talks-to-LSU-quarterback-and-projected-1-pick-Joe-Burrow-plus-weighs-in-on-the-Hall-of-Fame-class-and-talks-quarantine-stories-on-The-Big-Podcast-with-Shaq

We are going to win, A LOT. Gonna be fun times. Burrow will be a big reason just like he was at LSU.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 07:12 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Joe Cool theme song:

I've won everywhere, man
I've won everywhere, man
Of winning I've had my share, man
I've won everywhere

Reps brothers for the good ole Johnny. Rock On Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Several posts allude to the Dolphins coming up to No. 1 to get Burrow. What would the Dolphins have to offer for you to take the deal?
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 09:28 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Several posts allude to the Dolphins coming up to No. 1 to get Burrow.  What would the Dolphins have to offer for you to take the deal?

All their picks for the next couple years which wouldn't work cause we couldn't pay them all...

Burrow is the pick and the Fish fans are just dreaming. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 05:52 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Why is this narrative still going on?  It is public knowledge that we are now considered a base 3-4 hybrid.  We made Reader the highest paid NT in the NFL for a reason.  Dunlap, Lawson, Hubbard are now LBers.  Shawn Williams will/should be playing hybrid LB/S hybrid. Bynes will start at ILB most likely with Pratt.  There are still other LBers on the roster to step up for the 2 ILBers spots.  This defense in most cases will only have one or two true LBers on the field at one time.  This draft needs to be offense, Offensive Line to be specific.  You are drafting a QB at the number one overall pick, protect him at all costs.  One LBer in this draft, hopefully Murray at 33.  If he is not there then take the best player available that is a spot of need.  Picks 1 and 33 need to start day 1...A WR is not going to start day 1...A DT/NT is not going to start day 1....A safety is not going to start day 1... A CB is not going to start day 1.....three positions have a chance to start day 1...RT, any guard, ILBer

Spazz, I like a lot of your thoughts. Although, with the possibilities of either or both Ross and AJ not being on the roster next year, I feel it's imperative that they take a WR to groom with Burrow right away. 
And even this year, are you comfortable with Ross or Tate at the X out wide? 
They'd prefer to have Boyd in the slot and AJ at the Z. 
I'd debate that if they were to take a Higgins/Shenault/Mims/Aiyuk/Claypool....even a Pittman,Van Jefferson, Antonio Gandy they all could very easily be competing for a spot outside with AJ this year. Their competition is Ross and Tate. So, their odds would be pretty good IMO....

Another point is that you don't just draft for this year but for the next few years. 
We'd all have to be thinking that the possibility of WJ III, AJ, Ross, Hart, and S Williams all won't be there next year. And, you have to bring in draft picks now to start competing and grooming for those spots. 

I'd love an Epenesa to put in that rotation of Dunlap, Hubbard and Lawson
I'd love a Winfield Jr or Delpit to get in the rotation with Bates/Bell/Williams
I'd love a Fulton/Jaylon Johnson to get in the mix with our DBs 

I feel the Bengals have many different routes they can take at #33 (or wherever they trade down to) lol 
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 10:21 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: Spazz, I like a lot of your thoughts. Although, with the possibilities of either or both Ross and AJ not being on the roster next year, I feel it's imperative that they take a WR to groom with Burrow right away. 
And even this year, are you comfortable with Ross or Tate at the X out wide? 
They'd prefer to have Boyd in the slot and AJ at the Z. 
I'd debate that if they were to take a Higgins/Shenault/Mims/Aiyuk/Claypool....even a Pittman,Van Jefferson, Antonio Gandy they all could very easily be competing for a spot outside with AJ this year. Their competition is Ross and Tate. So, their odds would be pretty good IMO....

Another point is that you don't just draft for this year but for the next few years. 
We'd all have to be thinking that the possibility of WJ III, AJ, Ross, Hart, and S Williams all won't be there next year. And, you have to bring in draft picks now to start competing and grooming for those spots. 

I'd love an Epenesa to put in that rotation of Dunlap, Hubbard and Lawson
I'd love a Winfield Jr or Delpit to get in the rotation with Bates/Bell/Williams
I'd love a Fulton/Jaylon Johnson to get in the mix with our DBs 

I feel the Bengals have many different routes they can take at #33 (or wherever they trade down to) lol 

I think they'll definitely be looking for a WR.  They went after Hopkins.  One or two OLine and probably a LB.  I'd think they'd take a S if the right one fell at the right spot.

FA was all about the D.  They want draft to be mostly about the O.

Reply/Quote
We do not need the dolphins picks after what we did in FA ...It is a no brainers. We take Joe Burrow.
Reply/Quote

Totally agree. But if Wr Jefferson or Mims is there at 33 you have to think about the future n maybe draft them.
Reply/Quote

Not to nitpick, but, why not the city for Arkansas? Fayetteville, btw.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
Not for nothing, but the QB we have won everywhere too, and before becoming a Bengal had never had back to back losses anywhere....
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 04:47 PM)J24 Wrote: Man it's going to suck when we draft Herbert over him Ninja

Even with the  Ninja, I would like to see the banhammer emoji
Reply/Quote
When we draft Burrow the media will not change a thing they will say we got better by a few slots a few wins they will still have us in bottom half of team ranking. The powers that be and refs they control will do everything they can to keep us in that bottom half. We are a "small market team" and nothing will ever change that. If you think it is going to be gravy and have an easy time breaking our winless streak in playoffs you better think again. Not saying it wont happen just saying we will have to fight for it. I am not sure we have the pieces in place yet unproven coaches, players that have been hurt and not produced in years that we are relying on that is not happy because of contract issues. We better fix what we can in draft and free agency after draft so if these players tank on us again we got back up plans. If the coaches do not produce this year and get some good wins at least 8-8 record they might all be gone sooner rather then later.
Reply/Quote