Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Burrow: 'I've won everywhere'
(04-10-2020, 03:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I see the ninja, but Peter King said yesterday that some people in the Bengals organization really like Herbert. Immediately afterwards, I saw this on YouTube:

Wouldn't that be so Bengals? In all seriousness though, Burrow is the pick. It needs repeated every year that a lot of smoke and BS comes out before the draft.

It's easy to fall in love with those 50 yards in the air frozen ropes hitting a receiver in stride for a TD. But the next series he needs a little touch on a dump pass into the flats and he sails in 5 yards over a wide open RB.

Burrow is leaps and bounds better.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2020, 12:44 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I put down Ark. before I did the city names, so I just forgot lol.

And to make matters worse, JCash was from Kingsland, AR! Lol
Just down the road from Bear Bryant's hometown Fordyce.

I go through both on the way to Texas quite often.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2020, 09:41 PM)SladeX Wrote: And to make matters worse, JCash was from Kingsland, AR! Lol
Just down the road from Bear Bryant's hometown Fordyce.

I go through both on the way to Texas quite often.

Truck’s Canadian, give him a break on our city names. Can you name all the province’s up there, let alone the cities? Tongue

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2020, 09:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Truck’s Canadian, give him a break on our city names. Can you name all the province’s up there, let alone the cities? Tongue

LOL

I was AMAZED I remembered/know all the ones I wrote; only Rice and Vandy (:$:$) I had to look up!
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 04:23 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Okay, let's over analyze and interpret his quotes.  3... 2... 1... GO!

'I want to get drafted to a good organization that is going to maximize my talents. I've won everywhere that I've been and never had a losing season in sports from the moment I was five years old. I'm not a loser, I just want to go somewhere where I can win.'

Are we an organization that will maximize his talents?  Will Zac build the offense around Burrow rather than make Burrow conform?

A better question is will Burrow be able to adjust to the NFL or try to play college ball in the NFL
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2020, 12:44 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: A better question is will Burrow be able to adjust to the NFL or try to play college ball in the NFL

No, that’s definitely not a better question.

Reply/Quote
Sorry if this has already been posted - been out of the loop. Just something to fire you up.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/move-the-sticks/0ap3000001108950/Move-the-Sticks-360-A-deep-look-at-Joe-Burrow

Pause AdBlock.

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2020, 02:18 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Sorry if this has already been posted - been out of the loop. Just something to fire you up.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/move-the-sticks/0ap3000001108950/Move-the-Sticks-360-A-deep-look-at-Joe-Burrow

Pause AdBlock.

Good stuff. Loved the part with Kirk Herbstreit...”he wants to steal your soul” “he’s a mean dude” haha

Also, didn’t know he got his masters. Pretty Impressive.

Reply/Quote
If Joe Burrow led the Bengals to a Super Bowl championship, he would become an instant NFL legend.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2020, 08:24 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Not for nothing, but the QB we have won everywhere too, and before becoming a Bengal had never had back to back losses anywhere....

And when he was surrounded by a decent line and a solid OC, he made the playoffs every season.

I can't help but wonder as Dalton sees all these FA moves, and a draft that will likely add another weapon or two and more depth on the offensive line if he isn't sitting at home thinking "Gee, thanks guys...NOW you do this stuff?"
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2020, 12:44 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: A better question is will Burrow be able to adjust to the NFL or try to play college ball in the NFL

I'm good with the question I posed since I'm constantly hearing in the media that the modern NFL has changed and adopted college offensive philosophies.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2020, 12:44 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: A better question is will Burrow be able to adjust to the NFL or try to play college ball in the NFL
Half the NFL is playing college ball, including the reigning champ, so what's your point?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2020, 12:46 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No, that’s definitely not a better question.

you are correct, i should have said a great question instead  .. thanks   ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2020, 03:59 PM)McC Wrote: This is the same Peter King who said the Patriots would want Andy Dalton to be next in line after the GOAT.  And we laughed...

I'm certainly not a fan of Peter King, but it's not like the Patriots are going to head into 2020 with Brian Hoyer and Jarrett Stidham competing to be "next in line after the GOAT". I'd wager the Patriots are seeing how the draft shakes out, or they're waiting for the Bengals to cut Andy. Too soon to be laughing about that one.

(04-10-2020, 06:44 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It's easy to fall in love with those 50 yards in the air frozen ropes hitting a receiver in stride for a TD. But the next series he needs a little touch on a dump pass into the flats and he sails in 5 yards over a wide open RB.

Burrow is leaps and bounds better.

Yeah the inconsistent arm motion is a pretty big deal. His accuracy isn't going to be on par with Burrow's, and yeah he lacks touch as well.

Someone will fall in love with the physical attributes though. Hope it's not us.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2020, 02:18 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Sorry if this has already been posted - been out of the loop. Just something to fire you up.

Pause AdBlock.

Rock On Awesome clip
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 04:49 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, 2 weeks from now, Burrow will be a Bengal and all those fish fans can kiss our collective, tiger striped asses! Mellow LOL

I've never heard you talk that way before. It's great.

Reply/Quote
To be fair, the VAST majority of first round QBs have had success everywhere they've ever gone.

That isn't really a predictor of NFL success.

Love the confidence though.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2020, 08:08 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I've never heard you talk that way before. It's great.

I think I need to avoid Twitter until after the draft. LOL

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4425225]
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2020, 08:41 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I think I need to avoid Twitter until after the draft. LOL

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4425225]
In the first action of its kind ever, the Dolphins will take the first pick away from the Bengals even though the Bengals want to keep it.  Why?  Cuz the Dolphins want it so much that the Bengals won't be able to stop it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2020, 08:45 PM)McC Wrote: In the first action of its kind ever, the Dolphins will take the first pick away from the Bengals even though the Bengals want to keep it.  Why?  Cuz the Dolphins want it so much that the Bengals won't be able to stop it.

I’m sure the Rooney’s and Goodell are working on this as we speak...

Reply/Quote