Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Joe Burrow Injury Update
[img] <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/img]

This seems like he will miss a good portion of 2021 too...
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 02:00 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Yep, as bad as it could be. He’s very well may not gonna play next year

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheFantasyPT/status/1331064898751754253

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29638200/#:~:text=The%20overall%20RTP%20rate%20was,was%20388.71%20±%20198.52%20days

https://youtu.be/vrDK_Pc4mF0

He’s absolutely going to play. I can’t believe how short people’s memories are. Palmer was ready to start game 1 FFS. Joe will be back at some point next season. Question is when.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 01:35 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: We were not making playoffs in beginning of year so guess we should have never played him.
 This gets tiring.. young qbs start on bad teams to act like we should not play him till when,? How do we get good if we dont at him besides he needs improvement nit getting that on sidelines

Didn't say not to play him. All I'm saying is what everybody has been saying--run the ball a little more to protect him somewhat. I get that we are more likely to have success passing more often than running.. But you also have to balance that with protecting your investment. Winning in Washington would not have opened any playoff opportunity for us. Might as well protect our investment and try to establish the run game late in the year.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 08:12 PM)TheFan Wrote: It would probably make more sense to wait until the end of the year to see who's all available. Right now we need Finley to lose every game. 

Exactly
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 02:01 AM)GodFather Wrote: [img] <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/img]

This seems like he will miss a good portion of 2021 too...

Next year will be unwatchable too
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 08:55 AM)Trademark Wrote: Next year will be unwatchable too

Is there an emoji for spreading sunshine?  Somebody please make one.  An emoji of someone spreading the sunshine.  But to the OP, maybe we'll get lucky next year and Joe will be back for game 1.  Maybe we get really lucky, and we lose like, someone else around here, I mean around there?

Warm fuzzy feelings all around!
ThumbsUp
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 08:55 AM)Trademark Wrote: Next year will be unwatchable too

Here's a thought.... don't watch!
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 09:15 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Here's a thought.... don't watch!

Yeah.  Everyone makes choices, Like logging in here for example...not necessary.  (Just sayin')

On the flip side I am confident the kid will be back.  No LOSER in him.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 05:46 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I totally forgot that Lawson had similar injury as well as Boiling.  

Lawson's had 2 knee repairs.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 09:22 AM)Sled21 Wrote: You know, nobody is behind you twisting your arm. Nobody is  making you watch. This sounds so weak.... turn it off. Switch teams. Make a decision for yourself if you're that miserable watching.

Who are you talking to?

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 05:58 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Absolutely not.... he needs to be smart and stay at Clemson another year. Avoid the Jets and the Bengals dumpster fires. 

I really really hope this isn't the outcome... Maybe Lawrence see what happened to Burrow and thinks, nope I'm not going to a shit show franchise.

You really don't understand how the NFL draft works, do you? The best players ALWAYS go to the worst teams. It's designed that way.......
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 09:24 AM)Sled21 Wrote: You really don't understand how the NFL draft works, do you? The best players ALWAYS go to the worst teams. It's designed that way.......

Not always. Just a few years ago the Rams traded up from 15 to #1OA to draft Goff.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 08:29 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: AJ Green foot injury projected at 4 weeks = full year
Joe Mixon foot injury projected at a few weeks = now on IR
Joe Burrow leg injury projected at 9-12 months = 4 years?

Just stop already.....
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 09:37 PM)Interceptor Wrote: The entire front office must go. Total mismanagement.

Injury Update

Are you new here to the team. The entire front office, with the exception of Tobin, own the team. They are not going anywhere. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 09:23 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Who are you talking to?

I meant to hit the quote button on the post where the person said they wished MB would sell the Bengals and the team would move so he wouldn't have to watch anymore. Like someone is holding a gun to their head forcing them to watch. An adult would just make a decision for themselves and turn it off instead of wishing everyone else's team away.  I loved the Reds during the days of the Big Red Machine. I went to school with Todd Benzinger, who played 1st base on the World Championship team. Guess what, when baseball went on strike, I made my own decision and turned it off, and haven't watched a game since. (I've been to 2, but that's only because they were college reunions) I didn't need the Reds to move away to stop watching. I deleted the post, not worth going back through to find it. 
Reply/Quote
None of the beat reporters are doctors. They're going with the old "If it bleeds, it leads" media standard. If they tweet "Joe will be back in 9 months are ready for training camp" no one is hanging on a thread for their next story.
Reply/Quote
Why are people peppering in posts that we need a veteran QB? I'd rather see Finely suck it up and get us higher draft picks. There is no benefit to winning a few extra games for us as fans. Obviously, Zacie boy would desperately take any win he can get.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 09:19 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Yeah.  Everyone makes choices, Like logging in here for example...not necessary.  (Just sayin')

On the flip side I am confident the kid will be back.  No LOSER in him.

LOSER and hurt are different things.  Let's not start associating seeking medical attention and following sound medical advice with cowardice. Lordy, some people make it sound like Burrow is going to break out of rehab and attempt to play next week.
Reply/Quote
Again, Palmer had the same injury for the most part and was back by Pre Season. AP actually tore his ACL/MCL and cartilage and was back the following year as a HB and rushed for some ungodly amount of yards. This idea that he is somehow done, or won't make it back for 2021 is just nuts. Obviously, if they get in there during surgery and find nerve damage or other issues it could change but nothing said right now should make you think he won't be back some point early in the 2021 season.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 10:57 AM)Nately120 Wrote: LOSER and hurt are different things.  Let's not start associating seeking medical attention and following sound medical advice with cowardice.  Lordy, some people make it sound like Burrow is going to break out of rehab and attempt to play next week.

Whoops.  Didn't use the sarcasm emoji.  That comment wasn't actually typed correctly.  But the term LOSER was really meant to describe another individual.  
Reply/Quote