Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Joe Burrow Injury Update
(11-24-2020, 02:00 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: https://mobile.twitter.com/TheFantasyPT/status/1331064898751754253

Don't listen to that moron:

"Schefter said it was torn this, torn that and blah blah. That's gonna be over 12 months, blah blah."

1. Schefter said torn ACL, MCL. DID NOT say torn PCL (just there is damage), nor was any meniscus torn (a doctor on YT said that had the meniscus been outright torn, it would've been reported with the MCL injury, as they are connected).
2. This is a guy who is a physical therapist and sits at home watching games; he has 0 to do with the league or any actual sources.
3. He has no precedent or track-record for these types of things.

The second link you posted is informative for precedent, however it points to the positive:

Quote:The mean time to RTP for athletes with ACL/MCL injuries was 305.1 ± 58.9 days

So mean time is 10 months (average time). If we go 10 months from now, we're in September.

Thus, yet again, barring no setbacks, he'll be back for the start of the season (whether he plays or not is a different story). If he is ahead of schedule, which I don't see why he wouldn't be (Carsone had his rehab accelerated), he could conceivably be back at OTAs in June.

Not worried and he doesn't need to be rushed back either.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 11:09 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Whoops.  Didn't use the sarcasm emoji.  That comment wasn't actually typed correctly.  But the term LOSER was really meant to describe another individual.  

Ah, gotcha.  I realize emotions are running high, but man oh man football is a rough sport and as starry-eyed as we are over Burrow, the guy is still made of meat and ligaments and bones like the rest of us.  Maybe if the 170 pound Finley survives this season without being taken out on a stretcher people will realize that staying upright in the NFL isn't always about being the ultimate hardass and it comes down to a lot of luck.

Hell, we won't even know until 2026 if Burrow "wants to be here" more than Palmer did.  We've got a long way to go on this stuff.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 11:14 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Ah, gotcha.  I realize emotions are running high, but man oh man football is a rough sport and as starry-eyed as we are over Burrow, the guy is still made of meat and ligaments and bones like the rest of us.  Maybe if the 170 pound Finley survives this season without being taken out on a stretcher people will realize that staying upright in the NFL isn't always about being the ultimate hardass and it comes down to a lot of luck.

Hell, we won't even know until 2026 if Burrow "wants to be here" more than Palmer did.  We've got a long way to go on this stuff.

ThumbsUp  The voice of reason.  +rep, good post!  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 11:10 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Don't listen to that moron:

"Schefter said it was torn this, torn that and blah blah. That's gonna be over 12 months, blah blah."

1. Schefter said torn ACL, MCL. DID NOT say torn PCL (just there is damage), nor was any meniscus torn (a doctor on YT said that had the meniscus been outright torn, it would've been reported with the MCL injury, as they are connected).
2. This is a guy who is a physical therapist and sits at home watching games; he has 0 to do with the league or any actual sources.

The second link you posted is informative for precedent, however it points to the positive:

So mean time is 10 months (average time). If we go 10 months from now, we're in September.

Thus, yet again, barring no setbacks, he'll be back for the start of the season (whether he plays or not is a different story). If he is ahead of schedule, which I don't see why he wouldn't be (Carsone had his rehab accelerated), he could conceivably be back at OTAs in June.

This YT video: https://youtu.be/cAVWR5aYpf4

Just watched it and it sounds lot better than that tweet I seen last night. Makes me feel a lot better! Thank you for the positive vibes :)
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Without knowing what effect this injury will have on his long-term mobility, this puts that much more emphasis on the offensive line. I want to believe he'll come back without much drop-off, but if mobility is lost then he'll need to become more of a pocket passer.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 11:48 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: This YT video: https://youtu.be/cAVWR5aYpf4

Just watched it and it sounds lot better than that tweet I seen last night. Makes me feel a lot better! Thank you for the positive vibes :)

That's the guy!

Significantly-more cred, talks actual medical terminology and related contexts AND... IS AN ACTUAL MD. He works at the Mayo Clinic, FFS:

https://doctor.webmd.com/doctor/brian-sutterer-efc9dce7-27c4-4067-a0f1-b8ec463fe906-overview

These Twitter hacks that talk like they know what the scoop is, piss me off so much; it's one thing for an opinion to be expressed, but spreading misinformation in an attempt to puff yourself up, is just so unprofessional. Seriously, if I was the guy's employer and he did this frequently, I'd suspend him or fire him outright, due to tarnishment and disrepute.

Anyways, rant over; I'm glad you got the positivity :)
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 09:36 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Are you new here to the team. The entire front office, with the exception of Tobin, own the team. They are not going anywhere. Whatever

Are you new to the NFL?

The overwhelming majority of owners are in place, without holding front office positions related in any way to personel decisions.  They hire people to do that for them.

When someone says "they need to go" they don't mean they need to pack their bags and leave town, they mean "they need to get the hell out of the way and let someone run this team that knows what they're doing".
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 11:27 AM)Au165 Wrote:

That's all fine and well, but some people here are already giving up on next year.  No room for optimism.  Lol.  Nice article.  And the reality is no one knows what's going to happen.  But I have faith Joe will bounce back, provided he gets good...medical care.  Like I have stated, with his work ethic, I think he has a bright future.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 11:10 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Don't listen to that moron:

But it’s the Bengals if he does come back week 1 next year he will get hurt again the first game back. It’s always worst case scenario for this team. It will probably be same OL as now plus a draft pick any away which means it’ll still suck in 2021 
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 01:30 PM)Bengals731 Wrote: But it’s the Bengals if he does come back week 1 next year he will get hurt again the first game back. It’s always worst case scenario for this team. It will probably be same OL as now plus a draft pick any away which means it’ll still suck in 2021 

This is the shit attitude that I always talk about on this board; you have 0 clue about the future and there has been 0 precedent set, about guys coming back from injury...

Actually, I lied; there is plenty of (recent) precedent:

- Carsone goes down in the playoffs, doesn't miss a snap (unless intentional) for 3 years.
- Carsone hurts elbow, doesn't miss a snap for the next 2 years (unless intentional).
- Andy breaks thumb, doesn't miss a snap for 2 1/2 years (unless intentional).

So please, in your infinite, whiny wisdom, how do you know he will get hurt first game back, because, "it's the Bengals?"

Have some balls and stop lamenting over things you have 0 insight or knowledge about.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 09:24 AM)Sled21 Wrote: You really don't understand how the NFL draft works, do you? The best players ALWAYS go to the worst teams. It's designed that way.......

There are bad teams and then there are absolute disaster of franchises.

If Lawrence stays and the Jets then take Fields, the Jets are still going to be bad in 2021. They end up last again, they trade the pick and a better equipped team then gets then first pick.

As Nico said with the Rams and Goff.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 09:28 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not always. Just a few years ago the Rams traded up from 15 to #1OA to draft Goff.

Yes, a team can trade up, but the player has no say. The better you are, the worse the team that you go to unless, as you say, a team trades up to get you.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 12:02 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Are you new to the NFL?

The overwhelming majority of owners are in place, without holding front office positions related in any way to personel decisions.  They hire people to do that for them.

When someone says "they need to go" they don't mean they need to pack their bags and leave town, they mean "they need to get the hell out of the way and let someone run this team that knows what they're doing".

No, I'm not new here, I've been here since day one. Are you new here? It doesn't matter one flying flip what the other 31 teams owners do, it only matters what the Brown family does. And the Brown family is not going to do what you want them to. The Brown family is not going to do what I want them to. The Brown family is going to run this football teams because that's what THEY want to do. All the complaining on this board or anywhere else is not going to change that situation. The Bengals are the Brown family business, and they will run it the way they want to until they decide to sell it. 
Reply/Quote
https://www.cincinnati.com/videos/sports/nfl/bengals/2020/11/24/watch-pro-football-doc-dr-david-chao-discusses-joe-burrows-injury/6408328002/

I did not realize the MCL can heal on itself and waiting until December allows the swelling to go down and possibly not do an MCL repair. Still should be ready week 1....
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 09:36 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Are you new here to the team. The entire front office, with the exception of Tobin, own the team. They are not going anywhere. Whatever

As long as they are here, nothing good will come from them. Nothing ever has.
They've shown how incompetent they are at all levels of office.
It's bad for the players.
It's bad for the city.
It's bad for the famdom.
Something has got to give.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 01:39 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: This is the shit attitude that I always talk about on this board; you have 0 clue about the future and there has been 0 precedent set, about guys coming back from injury...

Actually, I lied; there is plenty of (recent) precedent:

- Carsone goes down in the playoffs, doesn't miss a snap (unless intentional) for 3 years.
- Carsone hurts elbow, doesn't miss a snap for the next 2 years (unless intentional).
- Andy breaks thumb, doesn't miss a snap for 2 1/2 years (unless intentional).

So please, in your infinite, whiny wisdom, how do you know he will get hurt first game back, because, "it's the Bengals?"

Have some balls and stop lamenting over things you have 0 insight or knowledge about.

It’s the Bengals , it’s always worst case scenario coming true... Always
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 04:39 PM)Bengals731 Wrote: It’s the Bengals , it’s always worst case scenario coming true... Always

Yup, delusional indeed.
Reply/Quote
https://www.cincinnati.com/videos/sports/nfl/bengals/2020/11/24/watch-pro-football-doc-dr-david-chao-discusses-joe-burrows-injury/6408328002/

Good listen....
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 12:12 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: That's all fine and well, but some people here are already giving up on next year.  No room for optimism.  Lol.  Nice article.  And the reality is no one knows what's going to happen.  But I have faith Joe will bounce back, provided he gets good...medical care.  Like I have stated, with his work ethic, I think he has a bright future.

Given up on next year? Some people here have literally been pounding the drum that he may never even play football again.   Shocked Shocked
Reply/Quote