Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Joe Burrow Injury Update
(11-23-2020, 04:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: As I predicted, we will see Joey B in training camp. Now can we dismiss all the "his career is over" hysteria?

Coming from the guy who predicted Taylor would be the winningest bengal coach of all time, that the bengals would win 10 games in each of the last 2 seasons, and that Dalton was a lock to be NE starting QB - I really wish you would not make any sort of declarations or predictions.  You are frighteningly wrong all of the time. 
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 10:14 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Fitzy is usually good for 4 or 5 really good games before he implodes. Sign him at the end of the season as an insurance policy.

I'm not one to believe in curses, but im pretty sure every time Fitz is brought in to be a backup the starting QB gets injured and it all started here in 08.  Has the back up who always gets on the field. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The thing about injuries to the franchise qb, is you really can't believe anything (Burrow being Burrow again) until you see it with your own eyes. And even then we'll cringe and be holding our breath after every hit and run he takes/makes. Likely for another 2 years or so.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 01:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We can always sign a vet back up for peanuts.  I would not waste a high draft pick on QB.

Plus a vet would be experienced and ready to step into a game without a lot of practice reps.  A rookie who does not get any reps with the first team in practice is usually not very effective coming off the bench.

Totally agree.

Watching a lot of Pat McAfee lately and I'm understanding more and more about the need of vets or "oldheads" to keep a locker room cohesive and connected with the coaches. Drafting a high 2nd or 3rd rounder would put a guy that was told somewhere along the line by an agent or a coach that he was 1st round material and he's full of visions of being "the man" . . . he's not going to want to be a fill-in and then a clipboard holder. He's probably going to feel pissed that they ruined his chance to be drafted by another team with a shot at building a career. That might not be the situation you want to invite into the locker room.

A vet would obviously understand coming in that this is Burrow's team and this is his shot to show the Bengals that they want to keep him as a backup or prove to some other GM or coach in the league "Hey! I can still win games in this league." A rookie with stars in his eyes will most likely get in the way of this teams advancement more than actually helping it along.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 10:39 PM)jj22 Wrote: He can do that in street clothes. This isn't quite the hot take. 

Make it legit by mentioning him starting. 

They've mentioned Burrow in the Clemson and Alabama football games earlier. I can't get away from the bad news. One announcer even took a shot at our Oline with disgust.

Good lord dude, he has been very vocal in his optimism about Burrow being ready for day one.  I'm reasonably certain he means START?  And whether or not that's HIS intentions, It's MINE as well.

Merry Christmas man.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote