Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Joe Burrow Injury Update
(11-27-2020, 10:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I have absolutely no worries about this kid getting back to 100%

And my money is on him leading them out of the locker room opening day 2021. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 12:35 AM)bfine32 Wrote: And my money is on him leading them out of the locker room opening day 2021. 

DingDing
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 12:35 AM)bfine32 Wrote: And my money is on him leading them out of the locker room opening day 2021. 

I think the Bengals will have a great idea if Burrow has a great chance to be ready for TC and thus start the season in 2021 by the draft. Their moves in FA towards a QB or at the draft will tip their hand in my opinion. I could see us drafting a QB in round 2 or 3 if they think Burrow will not be ready to start immediately in 2021, also we have no solid back up now so it is also a team need.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

My money's right next to yours.  This guy is the model for your team's culture.  He joins others I admire like Gio, J. Williams, Bates and Boyd.  They have the guts, the intelligence and the want to.  It's inspiring and  infectious, and why I'm actually optimistic for the future of the team.  They need to keep signing and drafting guys like this.  Guys that never quit and never lose their edge to adversity.

Up till now I'd have to say Boomer's been my all time favorite Bengal.  Joe actually has the potential to displace him. 
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 11:59 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote:  I could see us drafting a QB in round 2 or 3 if they think Burrow will not be ready to start immediately in 2021, also we have no solid back up now so it is also a team need.

We can always sign a vet back up for peanuts.  I would not waste a high draft pick on QB.

Plus a vet would be experienced and ready to step into a game without a lot of practice reps.  A rookie who does not get any reps with the first team in practice is usually not very effective coming off the bench.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 11:59 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think the Bengals will have a great idea if Burrow has a great chance to be ready for TC and thus start the season in 2021 by the draft. Their moves in FA towards a QB or at the draft will tip their hand in my opinion. I could see us drafting a QB in round 2 or 3 if they think Burrow will not be ready to start immediately in 2021, also we have no solid back up now so it is also a team need.

I can't see us investing anything higher than a 4th rounder; regardless of Burrow's opening day status. I can see us realizing that we need an upgrade at back up and picking up a Bortles type. Hell if we want a young early draft choice we can just see if we can get anything out of Josh Rosen. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Fitzy is usually good for 4 or 5 really good games before he implodes. Sign him at the end of the season as an insurance policy.
Reply/Quote

He can do that in street clothes. This isn't quite the hot take. 

Make it legit by mentioning him starting. 

They've mentioned Burrow in the Clemson and Alabama football games earlier. I can't get away from the bad news. One announcer even took a shot at our Oline with disgust.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 10:14 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Fitzy is usually good for 4 or 5 really good games before he implodes. Sign him at the end of the season as an insurance policy.

I'd be good with that in case joe needs longer to recover. I'm guessing we have another decent schedule next year. We need a decent backup in case joe needs some extra time.
Reply/Quote
Fitzy would be the perfect back up next yr. I think Burrow will be back 1st game but just in case he needs a week or 2 I am good with him to come in and win us a game or 2.
Reply/Quote
Just hope that Joe will recover and heal well. As hate that for a nice young man like him!
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 10:39 PM)jj22 Wrote: He can do that in street clothes. This isn't quite the hot take. 

Make it legit by mentioning him starting. 

They've mentioned Burrow in the Clemson and Alabama football games earlier. I can't get away from the bad news. One announcer even took a shot at our Oline with disgust.

Good.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 01:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We can always sign a vet back up for peanuts.  I would not waste a high draft pick on QB.

Plus a vet would be experienced and ready to step into a game without a lot of practice reps.  A rookie who does not get any reps with the first team in practice is usually not very effective coming off the bench.

(11-28-2020, 01:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I can't see us investing anything higher than a 4th rounder; regardless of Burrow's opening day status. I can see us realizing that we need an upgrade at back up and picking up a Bortles type. Hell if we want a young early draft choice we can just see if we can get anything out of Josh Rosen. 

Shane Buechele
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
For once the Bengals have an excuse for sucking even if it's their own fault. At least they're not in Denver's situation with absolutely no real qb left..  I really don't have a shread of faith in this organization to do whatever it takes to make things right and i don't necessarily believe that the team actually has the best MRI machine in town. Who said it's the best one? I certainly wouldn't believe anyone from the team itself..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 11:23 AM)grampahol Wrote: For once the Bengals have an excuse for sucking even if it's their own fault. At least they're not in Denver's situation with absolutely no real qb left..  I really don't have a shread of faith in this organization to do whatever it takes to make things right and i don't necessarily believe that the team actually has the best MRI machine in town. Who said it's the best one? I certainly wouldn't believe anyone from the team itself..

I have some first hand knowledge on the MRI. since i had to go there myself twice now .. it was highly recommended and is a top class MRI.. 
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 10:14 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Fitzy is usually good for 4 or 5 really good games before he implodes. Sign him at the end of the season as an insurance policy.

Not a bad idea. I actually like the thought of bringing him back.

Reply/Quote

I honestly don't see him leaving Miami at this point.

Tua hasn't proven any doubters wrong about his durability, so Fitz might have better chances of seeing the field there.

He also is very efficient in their system and loved by his Miami teammates.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 12:43 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I honestly don't see him leaving Miami at this point.

Tua hasn't proven any doubters wrong about his durability, so Fitz might have better chances of seeing the field there.

He also is very efficient in their system and loved by his Miami teammates.

But who would want to live in Miami when they could move to southern Ohio/northern Kentucky?
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 12:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But who would want to live in Miami when they could move to southern Ohio/northern Kentucky?

First selling point is the women in tight sweaters and leggings during the winter are much hotter in in OH and KY.

Well, I guess technically they would be MUCH hotter in Miami, but it would be kind of gross to look at, all drenched in sweat and all...
Reply/Quote
Lap said this morning that it looks like surgery will be scheduled for next week in Los Angeles. I am assuming it will be one of the surgeons at the Kerlan-Jobe Orthopedic Clinic

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote